Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

6) The awful 70s mullet and moustache on the receptionist

e: Me watching a slow speed speeder chase

Without a doubt, the most relatable character in the Star Wars universe. Just a guy who could not care less about his job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

exmarx posted:

watched the first 2 eps, big fan of temuera morrison space taiaha bullshit + whatever accent he's trying to do.

He's not trying to do any accent, that's just how he talks.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Finally got to watch the episode - saw 200 unread posts in the thread and knew it was either great or terrible. Very happy it was the former.

But those scooter things and the kids riding them feel like they're from a completely different show. They don't even feel like they're out of the Star Wars universe.

Or maybe from the some young adult book series where people riding space Vespas are the height of cool and edgy.

EDIT: and I don't know what it was, but Black Krrsantan really reminded me of Worf. Something about how annoyed and out of his depth he was when Boba gave him his freedom back.

Big and grumpy and not too bright

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jan 13, 2022

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

mweber posted:

Without a doubt, the most relatable character in the Star Wars universe. Just a guy who could not care less about his job.

dude's got a gold GBS thread about how incompetent everyone is including the pykes

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Finally got to watch the episode - saw 200 unread posts in the thread and knew it was either great or terrible.

I just thought it was going to be 200 people in a row going "DANNY TREJO! :swoon:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Lobok posted:

I just thought it was going to be 200 people in a row going "DANNY TREJO! :swoon:

TBF, I’ve been thinking about his reveal and grinning for the last 26 hours.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Lobok posted:

I was just so ridiculously happy when I saw him I had to pause the video.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

fartknocker posted:

TBF, I’ve been thinking about his reveal and grinning for the last 26 hours.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I was just so ridiculously happy when I saw him I had to pause the video.

Everything about him, him talking about the Rancor, and Boba Fett instantly being infatuated with the Rancor, petting it, cooing to it, and IMMEDIATELY spoiling it with food was wonderful.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

Zebulon posted:

Everything about him, him talking about the Rancor, and Boba Fett instantly being infatuated with the Rancor, petting it, cooing to it, and IMMEDIATELY spoiling it with food was wonderful.

Going to be rough when a couple of Hutts pop out from inside the rancor and open the gates to Jabba’s palace.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Captain Splendid posted:

I think it'd be silly to say he's doing an accent, but he's definitely not just acting in his regular speaking timbre and cadence, he's adding a lot more gravel to his voice and speaking very short and clipped compared to how he talks conversationally.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Captain Splendid posted:

he's doing a slight american thing

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Lobok posted:

I just thought it was going to be 200 people in a row going "STEPHEN ROOT! :swoon:

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

mweber posted:

Going to be rough when a couple of Hutts pop out from inside the rancor and open the gates to Jabba’s palace.

Yeah, the Rancor has to be some sort of Trojan horse, right?

Unless the Hutts are trying to play 4D chess and build up Boba so he isn’t instantly taken out by the Pykes (and they can then swoop in when both parties are weakened/depleted).

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
The Rancor is going to die when that plucky small business owner forms a cartel of water sellers and refuses to sell to Mos Espa, mark my words.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

Space Racist posted:

Unless the Hutts are trying to play 4D chess and build up Boba so he isn’t instantly taken out by the Pykes (and they can then swoop in when both parties are weakened/depleted).

Has to be. The twins went from siccing BK on Boba to abandoning the planet in…12 hours? Oh, and here’s a rancor and a Danny Trejo we just happened to have around.

Boba’s an idiot.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Space Racist posted:

If you're saying that Fett will end up having to kill his own pet, I don't see the show going there. But maybe he's able to stop it with the boy-and-his-dog rapport he builds with it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Kkrantan has been a bounty hunter as long as Boba, possibly even longer given how long Wookiees live. The gently caress is Boba, who has worked alongside him before, giving him pointers as if he was a rookie.

Show sucks, respect the canon, GIVE US APHRA

mweber posted:

Boba’s an idiot.

This is consistent with the films.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

laser sword guy? ill tie him up with a lasso!

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

mweber posted:

Has to be. The twins went from siccing BK on Boba to abandoning the planet in…12 hours? Oh, and here’s a rancor and a Danny Trejo we just happened to have around.

Boba’s an idiot.

Or maybe the big boss behind the Pykes scares even them? :shrug:

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

I'll definitely be up for it if the joke of the series is that every episode peels a layer off an infinite onion of 'the real villain is...'

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Alchenar posted:

I'll definitely be up for it if the joke of the series is that every episode peels a layer off an infinite onion of 'the real villain is...'

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Jango helped the Pykes get a foothold on Tatooine confirmed.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Kkrantan has been a bounty hunter as long as Boba, possibly even longer given how long Wookiees live. The gently caress is Boba, who has worked alongside him before, giving him pointers as if he was a rookie.

Show sucks, respect the canon, GIVE US APHRA

i feel like boba letting him off as it just being business lines up with canon, but they definitely should have left it at that. The line about not working for dumb dumbs or whatever could have been worded better to still imply that history together, but it kinda works. Boba Fett retired from bounty hunting, Krrsantan still is working, when they worked together they often worked for the same employer, maybe its like "bro i retired and learned that working for these guys sucks"

Its weird because the initial dialogue when BK got revealed did respect the canon a bit.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Pretty sure the speeder chase was just the Star Wars version of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtWkewqIFDM

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Arc Hammer posted:

I like how the wookiee gives everyone the people's eyebrow.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

But those scooter things and the kids riding them feel like they're from a completely different show. They don't even feel like they're out of the Star Wars universe.

This is a universe where you can go to a city planet and eat at a 50's space diner.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

They spent three movies showing sleek, chromed out art deco city planet and planet Venice's chromed up shuttles and squadrons of candy yellow gloss Mercedes-Benz 710 SSK Trossi Roadster starfighters.

I think the better surmise when you see a prop or vehicle in that wheelhouse is to assume the characters sourced it from one of those worlds/cultures rather than that the production designers forgot how to do a star war.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jan 13, 2022

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

lol at Boba "I'm not a sleepy Trandoshan" Fett getting wrecked because he was caught sleeping.

ccubed posted:

But I will say that Ming-Na Wen should be in charge, not Boba.

I agreed right up until this episode. She keeps her gloves on while she's eating a drumstick.

The mark of a true criminal psychopath.

She deserves a better crime empire than backwater Tatooine.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

As long as Ming-Na Wen doesn't harbor any secret lovely opinions and decides to let the world know through Twitter, I'm sure Fennec Shand is going to have a long and profitable Star War existence across multiple mediums, time lines and criminal ventures until the heat death of the universe.

Arc Light posted:

lol at Boba "I'm not a sleepy Trandoshan" Fett getting wrecked because he was caught sleeping.

:perfect:

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
There was so much stupid poo poo crammed into the chase that it made me get the joke and then I really enjoyed the episode. Before that it was trending towards "waste of time except for the fight scene".

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Seriously, there's giant open windows in Boba's healing room - I am amazed it took three episodes for someone to capitalize on that

Just lob in a thermal detonator and voila, series over and Fett goes out like a punk for the...uh...divide by six, carry the three... many'th time

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

AndyElusive posted:

As long as Ming-Na Wen doesn't harbor any secret lovely opinions and decides to let the world know through Twitter, I'm sure Fennec Shand is going to have a long and profitable Star War existence across multiple mediums, time lines and criminal ventures until the heat death of the universe.

:perfect:

“Street Fighter the movie was unironically good”

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Speaking of, was that Jabba's room or did he always sleep on the throne? I can't imagine him taking the stairs up there all that often.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

mweber posted:

Ah yes finally the one thing that breached Boba’s impregnable fortress

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Salacious Crumb gonna crawl out of the rancor's mouth and shank Boba in the back of the knees.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

isnt S. Crumb getting spitroasted

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

isnt S. Crumb getting spitroasted

That's your mom.

Seriously though, I think he died along with Jabba during the sail barge "disaster".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

It is a struggle getting through episodes of this thing. It’s ugly, monotonous, and poorly paced so far with laughably inept action sequences. It’s a dud, folks.