Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bonzo posted:

His one daughter has a public YouTube channel where she puts all her weird songs and religious stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQvPS60h6Y0

Man I never thought Howard's kids would turn into, as Howard says, "Super Jew". The lovely artwork, the low budget music... Nancy Sirianni Martling eat your heart out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Bonzo posted:

His one daughter has a public YouTube channel where she puts all her weird songs and religious stuff.

If this was anyone else they'd spend a week making fun

:stonk: Well then.

The cat is cute though.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Howard 360

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

haljordan posted:

When he came back to host SNL in 1985, he kept pitching a sketch (to an openly gay castmember) where the guy would play someone with AIDS and go in to the doctor's office to get weighed every week. Not sure what the humor in this idea was.

It was Terry Sweeney. He suggested Terry actually get AIDS and weigh himself on TV every week. And that's why it's funny question mark???

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches
Chevy has some deep loving serious psychological issues with humanity in general. From that story, to him viciously ripping apart Robert Downey Jr’s dad’s talent (when Jr was an SNL cast member), to some really heinous racial related epithets he expressed while behind the scenes of Community... the last part came from someone directly who worked in the cast, months ago. Dunno if that’s common knowledge or not.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
the only good thing chevy chase ever did was the music video for Spies Like Us with Paul McCartney. not the movie. just the music video

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

barnold posted:

the only good thing chevy chase ever did was the music video for Spies Like Us with Paul McCartney. not the movie. just the music video

What about the "You Can Call Me Al" video?

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

DangerDummy! posted:

It was Terry Sweeney. He suggested Terry actually get AIDS and weigh himself on TV every week. And that's why it's funny question mark???

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

prefect posted:

What about the "You Can Call Me Al" video?

Should have and could have been any other popular comedian or actor at the time.

Chase was also allegedly so difficult with the then new-ish director Chris Columbus during the initial filming of Christmas Vacation that John Hughes took over. Hughes was handling two projects, including Christmas Vacation, so he offered to switch places with Columbus. That other project was Home Alone.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jan 13, 2022

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Bonzo posted:

If this was anyone else they'd spend a week making fun

Then there's the whole thing with Gilbert and Chevy Chase's kid, making fun of Stephen Spielberg adopting black kids, etc. I think he did apologize to Kathy Lee thought, right?

I've heard a lot of the bits with Spielberg's kids and Howard really was "out of his mind" back then, the voice he did for the kids was the Kingfish thing like GIlbert would do ("HOLY MAGGERAL, WHY HELLO DERE"). It's funny considering how much he'd bust on Sal for racist humor, like the "approachings the podiums" Gov. Paterson bit, when so many HSS bits were basically the same.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Should have and could have been any other popular comedian or actor at the time.

Chase was also allegedly so difficult with the then new-ish director Chris Columbus during the initial filming of Christmas Vacation that John Hughes took over. Hughes was handling two projects, including Christmas Vacation, so he offered to switch places with Columbus. That other project was Home Alone.

Hughes wrote the story but did not direct. If you want to see Chevy get his due, check out all the lovely "comedy" movies he did in the early 90s. Cops and Robberson's specifically.

I think most 80s comedy does not repeat well in modern times. Eddie Murphy's biggest albums contain material that not even Trump would repeat in public, yet Eddie is voicing children's cartoons.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Double post to tell you all that My Sharona is on the radio right now and all I can hear is the Walk Fart and him going "mmm.mmm.. oh god...Whoa!"

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

This gif killed me and I had to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK7WC11nBC0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpusd5_LONc

Barreft fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jan 14, 2022

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Bonzo posted:

Double post to tell you all that My Sharona is on the radio right now and all I can hear is the Walk Fart and him going "mmm.mmm.. oh god...Whoa!"

"Umph
Ah
Oh yeah, oh yeah

Mmmmmmmm
Ohhhhhh
Baby

Boarnarowwwnarrownarrrrownaarr

WHOA!"

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Jan 14, 2022

thumper57
Feb 26, 2004

Bonzo posted:

About 8 times a year, this gets stuck in my head for a week.

clambake
Aug 30, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

He looked like a giant Paul Simon. That's why he was in it.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Bonzo posted:

I heard For Those About to Rock in a CityMD, and I thought I was going to die from stifling my laughter so hard.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

According to Shuli, Marfan Mike has passed away.

https://twitter.com/shalomshuli/status/1483114143670587398?t=AGQbFQ1EbgS0Z4noKc2KVA&s=19

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
Shuli was let go right, Otherwise Howard would berate him for revealing that over twitter and not the show?

Fake Edit: "I was just about to write him, Robin."

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Johnny-on-the-Spot posted:

Shuli was let go right, Otherwise Howard would berate him for revealing that over twitter and not the show?

Fake Edit: "I was just about to write him, Robin."

I think he technically quit right before he was about to be let go. Good riddance either way, he just used the wack pack to make up for his lack of talent. I hear he's currently working on a Tan Mom cartoon.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jan 17, 2022

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Was he an official wackpacker?

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Late stage show. I have no goddamned idea who he is.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
He was official as he was narrowly voted in by the wack pack tribunal years back. He never actually did anything though. On the radio he just had a funny voice, but otherwise he was a normal guy with a job that was just doing his thing. He wasn't funny or a total poo poo show, so he really shouldn't have been part of it. They were just getting desperate.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

muskyoulaycher

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Beet is back to push some NFTs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLAY4xtcvAc

Vakal
May 11, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

It bothers me how intent artie is on having these little sit downs with Howard so he can say he's sorry. Heard him say this so many times. It's so obvious to anyone that is 100% for him and his ego, not necessarily for Howard in any way

This interview with Artie popped up in my recommendations. I don't recognize which show it is from and it doesn't list an original air date, but it seems like it is from fairly recent and has some good behind the scenes stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxqjhHogCIs

clambake
Aug 30, 2007

Vakal posted:

seems like it is from fairly recent and has some good behind the scenes stuff.

This really sounds like it was before his nose caved in. Listen to him now on his podcast, the voice is completely different.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
listened live this morning on my way to work. in case anyone was wondering it was not funny at all, I listened to 30 minutes of the absolute dumbest loving Bobo bit where Howard pretended to do the Godfather thing kicking him out of the Wack Pack. it was just Howard and Bobo talking for so long that I was convinced it was prerecorded and Robin wasn't there. then 35 minutes in, I finally heard Robin talk, and all she said was two words.

I keep trying but it ain't getting any better folks.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Wasn't it MLK day this week? I'm surprised he didn't take the whole week off.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
They have been taking less "it's one holiday" weeks off in the past few months. So now they just do 2 day weeks so they can take off most of the summer...

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
How old was Marfan Mike? He seemed like a young guy :(

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Vakal posted:

This interview with Artie popped up in my recommendations. I don't recognize which show it is from and it doesn't list an original air date, but it seems like it is from fairly recent and has some good behind the scenes stuff.

This was Opie's show right after Artie's second book came out, so ~2014. His Artie Quiter podcast was pretty new at the time and he commonly went on there and gave his opinions about what was happening with the show (specifically going after Turk). This was before the possession arrest and the nose cave-in.

On an unrelated note: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onkfCMf-7Eo
"Spell BMW"
"BMW? D-A-A-E-Y"

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I saw Stern was trending in Canada and lol at the posts

https://twitter.com/search?q=%22Howard%20Stern%22&src=trend_click&vertical=trends

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Pretty funny. Howard seems to only lash back at women who call him out (compare Wendy Williams versus Donald Trump Jr.), so it'll be interesting to see his response, if any.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

If noted world class piece of poo poo Tucker Carlson ever actually agrees with you on anything, then you have a problem.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oof. A lot of those tweets have the word "irrelevant" in them. I feel like that probably drives Howard crazier than anything.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I figure Howard is smart enough to realize if he was really irrelevant, then no one would be talking about him. Its like when conservatives complain about being cancelled during their 74th TV interview of the week.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

i was just about to write meat loaf a note

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

beep by grandpa posted:

i was just about to write meat loaf a note

Louie Anderson, too.

Adbot