Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Nitevision posted:

https://twitter.com/verge/status/1480331682700050440?s=20

Elton Musk sir I didn't know you could get more Epic sir

The replies are full of “who doesn’t break the law all the time in a car?” Assholes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/K7zZ4Pi.gifv

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

wow, assertive self-driving mode!

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
someone needs to finish the job

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

lobster shirt posted:

it's so cool how americas regulatory apparatus is so moribund that it apparently can't do anything about a "make my car drive in manner that is unsafe and illegal" setting

Regulatory capture, feature or bug?

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Regulatory capture, feature or bug?

waiting for journalists to leak those docs about the NSA's a.i.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

FSU plate looks like, probably panhandle. God I wwant to know where this is

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

FSU plate looks like, probably panhandle. God I wwant to know where this is

Yeah I immediately recognized this as south of the fall line

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Is that a massive streak of gore on the road, or just random debris?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

withak posted:

Is that a massive streak of gore on the road, or just random debris?

It's almost definitely roadkill

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
must find the origin

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

saw this in the cum warriors thread

https://twitter.com/SpiroAgnewGhost/status/1481372834987274240

the story has some great details

quote:

John Kuczwanski, the Legislative Affairs Director for the State Board of Administration, was killed in a shootout triggered by a road rage incident in north Tallahassee.

okay what happened

quote:

Sources familiar with details of the investigation told Florida Politics that Kuczwanski caused the auto accident that began the chain of events, and that he began the shootout that led to his own death.

The sources said the incident began after Kuczwanski’s BMW drifted out of its lane while heading north on Thomasville Road. That’s when the BMW hit a white Prius.

Both cars pulled into a parking lot. The driver of the Prius confronted Kuczwanski about hitting him, the sources said. The Prius’ driver then returned to his car to wait for law enforcement’s arrival after confronting Kuczwanski. That is when, according to Florida Politics’ sources, Kuczwanski rammed his BMW into the Prius on the driver’s door, and began pushing the car sideways in the parking lot.

Kuczwanski then shot a gun at the white Prius, according to the sources. The Prius driver drew a gun and fired back into the windshield of Kuczwanski’s BMW. Kuczwanski was hit and killed, according to the sources.

wow thats crazy is there any precedent to this situation

quote:

Previously, Kuczwanski pleaded no contest to assault and disorderly conduct charges in 2014 related to a separate road rage incident at the same intersection, as first reported by Tallahassee Reports.

According to the probable cause affidavit for that case, deputies were dispatched after a driver called to report that another driver had “pointed a small, black in color handgun with a mounted laser at him while stopped next to him at the intersection of Thomasville Road and Bannerman Road.”

Law enforcement found Kuczwanski still inside the vehicle matching the description from the caller when they responded to that 2014 incident. A deputy verified that Kuczwanski had a weapon matching the caller’s description and arrested him on the scene.

amazing that they let you keep your gun and your car after a road rage incident where you brandish a gun at another person. good poo poo.

anyway here is the intersection where all this happened if you want to see what some great american urban planning looks like.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

rest in piss

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
That is suburban as hell. Also I'm glad that dude is dead.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

how many polish guys does it take to provoke their own road rage shootng death

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.
good guy, with gun, while travelling

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Yeah I immediately recognized this as south of the fall line

I'm the black cloud about to drench everything in 6 inches of rain or none depending on the mood

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

lobster shirt posted:

okay what happened

amazing that they let you keep your gun and your car after a road rage incident where you brandish a gun at another person. good poo poo.

anyway here is the intersection where all this happened if you want to see what some great american urban planning looks like.

I really need to get my DE cc permit

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I'd be pretty pissed off if I had to spend any amount of time on that intersection too tbh

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Choose your warrior

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

That is suburban as hell. Also I'm glad that dude is dead.

Ha same. Im especially glad it happened in a funny, embarrassing way

Sad that he is not here to witness how owned he is

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

zegermans posted:

Choose your warrior

god drat that is a nice train cabin, where is that?

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

vyelkin posted:

god drat that is a nice train cabin, where is that?

The new OEBB nightjet trains that they're implementing currently.

https://www.nightjet.com/en/komfortkategorien/nightjetzukunft

the capsule hotel couchettes are especially neat

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
I wonder if that includes their new Vienna-Paris service, I got to admit a service to Instanbul would also be pretty cool.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lobster shirt posted:

okay what happened

America is such a loving deranged country.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

:buddy:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

zegermans posted:

I took an OBB train from Vienna to Venice, that was cool. I was in first or business or whatever, it wasn't really fancy, but more space to sit and not crowded at all. The first part of the trip was scenic as hell (it is Austria at all), the second part was mainly tunnels. It wasn't fast, I think it took eight hours, but that's okay.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

zegermans posted:

extremely blessed, thank you

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

AnimeIsTrash posted:

road rage is so normalized it's crazy

any time anyone posts a video online where someone touches a car — like, if they reach out and give a car a little slap with their palm — 75% of the comments are like: "I would have killed you op"

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Polo-Rican posted:

road rage is so normalized it's crazy

any time anyone posts a video online where someone touches a car — like, if they reach out and give a car a little slap with their palm — 75% of the comments are like: "I would have killed you op"

We saw it in this thread w/ the dude from DC who knocked on the back of a person's car who was in a non-parking zone at a curbcut for bikes, etc.

Just countless people who were like "shouldn't have touched his car" while the driver's companion knocks the car way harder than the OP ever did. It's dumb AF.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

goddamn that story is american as hell. live like a piece of poo poo, die like a piece of poo poo.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/Dodge/status/1480177556955574280?s=20

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

A fundamental misunderstanding of how predators work

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

It does need to emptyem dreamcatchers though

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

introducing the new Dodge Homocide

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

this is why polar bears are dark green.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

that has got to be one of the dumbest things ever tweeted. Here's the Himalayan apex predator

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

It's funny because I can't imagine someone who takes their tough guy persona seriously would proudly drive a #predator#Durango.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

They should just sell the Durango in hunter orange with mounted guns, then double down on the message with huge super bowl ads stating that predators don't hide like no goddamn pussy-rear end herbivores. This marketing campaign would result in the highest sales figures for any SUV in history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zegermans posted:

that has got to be one of the dumbest things ever tweeted. Here's the Himalayan apex predator

yeah, not to mention