Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Somebody think of the colleges

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Can’t believe students don’t want to risk their life for a worthless degree and decades of debt.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

zegermans posted:

so like why arn't they sending the n95s yet

they still have to announce the plan

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
My buddy asked me if I thought he'd get omi when he flies across the country to see an NFL playoff game. Instead of answering directly (the answer is yes) I told him to wear an N95 and properly — no magic forcefield for snacks and beer. The aura I gave him last month is literally the only one he has. And his wife is pregnant so lol.

Genuinely feel this is the only thing I can do for friends and family. They don't listen when you say not to go out and do fun things, but they might actually wear a proper mask if you literally press it into their hands.

The Biden mask announcement is laughably late, but it could have a non-zero effect if they actually distribute N95s.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Thoguh posted:

Yep - a great example of how we could have done better within the framework of neoliberalism and a general lack of ability for an assertive federal response. They could highly recommend that people wear N95 or equivalent masks and run an ad campaign about their benefits but not actually require them. Doing that would be 100% within the lane of neoliberal government. It's a slam dunk that even University of Chicago economists would nod their head at. But nope, we can't even do that.

The first Google result for “Coronavirus PSA” is two years old and says if you’re over 65 or a comorbid grosso you should stay at home “if you can” and wash your hands. They could easily make three 30 second PSAs, put them in rotation on tv, TikTok, Hulu, etc and I think it would have an appreciable impact on spread.

1 - Demonstration on how to properly wear a N95 or KN95 and check your seal and how to properly wear a surgical/cloth combo mask with focus on the importance of making sure your nose and mouth aren’t exposed

2 - Explaining the importance of ventilation, ways to improve ventilation from upgrading HVAC systems to opening windows

3 - This video:
https://twitter.com/interpretantion/status/1471690618468540419

Obviously I know they would never do anything

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

zegermans posted:

they are planning it and will provide updates in a week

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

greedy nurses gambling with patients' lives to get more money! absolutely disgusting! i hope that ceo rounds up the troublemakers and fires them before they can hurt shareholders with their little tamper tantrum

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q22O8cbIQM

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

i wonder how smoking a joint in a tyvek suit would work

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/haveyouheardofg/status/1481683164582105090?s=20

I was at the pool party. There was COVID!

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Feste posted:

https://twitter.com/bob_wachter/status/1481131260420390912?s=21

Sorry if this already was posted but I just wanted to lol at the idea that the Atlantic has ever not been full Open Biden

the worst part of this is that any pullbacks or end to the omicron wave will just reinforce Open Biden for everyone.

"See, the world didn't end. I can still go to applebees as long as I don't think about the dead."

Paving the way for a much worse variant with Omicron's vaccine evasion and a higher severity to get met, from the start, with even more smug nonchalance.

"We went through this with Alpha, Delta and Omicron, when will you people give it up?!" as we phase down testing and any remaining restrictions post omicron. The CDC will go to 0 days quarantine and the republican house will pass strict new truancy laws that would put Kamala Harris to shame.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
The power in charge really think the solution is to make everyone get covid at the same time. They’ve sabotaged quarantine standards. They’ve let testing rot away to grift. They’ve ended contact tracing. They’ve forbidden remote schooling and are working to forbid remote work.

The next step is to destroy the mask supply. Buy up existing stock for some “plan” and let them rot away in a warehouse like they do with all emergency supplies. Impose nonsensical standards as excuse to ban suppliers. Force manufacturers out of the business with constant fake out orders.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

zegermans posted:

The finger thing means the taxes!

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I just sat through a two-hour meeting with someone who didn't wear a mask the entire time, and afterward she complained to me that no one was wearing a mask at a restaurant she visited. I'm going insane.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Trixie Hardcore posted:

The first Google result for “Coronavirus PSA” is two years old and says if you’re over 65 or a comorbid grosso you should stay at home “if you can” and wash your hands. They could easily make three 30 second PSAs, put them in rotation on tv, TikTok, Hulu, etc and I think it would have an appreciable impact on spread.

1 - Demonstration on how to properly wear a N95 or KN95 and check your seal and how to properly wear a surgical/cloth combo mask with focus on the importance of making sure your nose and mouth aren’t exposed

2 - Explaining the importance of ventilation, ways to improve ventilation from upgrading HVAC systems to opening windows

3 - This video:
https://twitter.com/interpretantion/status/1471690618468540419

Obviously I know they would never do anything

Ohio ran PSAs around the holidays, they were literally just simulated text conversations about getting the vax so you can be safe for Thanksgiving, then Xmas. If you're not looking at the TV, it's just a bunch of bleeps and bloops.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 46 minutes!

maybe it's just cause his balls swelled and the proportions changed?

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
I'm supposed to work in person next week and they want everyone to go get a PCR test on their own at a Curative site. What's that? No appointments available? Guess we have to go stand in line at the one free walk up site in LA County with a bunch of people that are sick.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Chad Sexington posted:

My buddy asked me if I thought he'd get omi when he flies across the country to see an NFL playoff game. Instead of answering directly (the answer is yes) I told him to wear an N95 and properly — no magic forcefield for snacks and beer. The aura I gave him last month is literally the only one he has. And his wife is pregnant so lol.

Genuinely feel this is the only thing I can do for friends and family. They don't listen when you say not to go out and do fun things, but they might actually wear a proper mask if you literally press it into their hands.

The Biden mask announcement is laughably late, but it could have a non-zero effect if they actually distribute N95s.

I would be incredibly rude to this person if they were my friend lol. I would have just responded 'if you care about your baby, or your wife, you won't go to that game' and would have gotten more rude and confrontational about it with every response that wasn't him saying 'yea, you're right, I'm gonna cancel'

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

FizFashizzle posted:

I keep saying that nurses have the greatest revolutionary potential…..

they benefit way too much to be revolutionary

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Those enrollment crisis stories are even funnier if you click through and read them, it's literally just every college freaking out because the revenue number is not going up as fast as they want. They keep raising tuition to offset this but still number is barely growing.

They have all pushed the business model of expanding tuition revenue for decades and are utterly dependent on that number going up every year no matter what or it's a "crisis". That's literally it, there is no crisis at all

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

zegermans posted:

Lol if you think they're sending out n95s. They also won't be sending out kn95s, because you know... China.

They'll send out quality medical surgical masks.
At least 2 per household. Starting mid February

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

Bob Socko posted:

Welp, my wife was exposed. She works with one of the very few groups that has a legit medical exemption for masks: autistic toddlers and preschoolers. Some of them are so low functioning that they either don't understand to keep it on, or their sensory issues cause them to flip out when they wear masks. She was in close proximity to a kid yesterday who developed a fever in the evening, and a test by their mother was positive.

Luckily, my wife is vaccinated and boosted (double Pfizer + J&J). She's held this low-key grudge against me for a couple of months since getting boosted because she swears she's never felt the same since getting any of the shots; today, she thanked me for being a pain in the rear end about it. So, hey, small victories.

yeah it’s been loving wild to see how many even self proclaimed leftist goons settled down with entirely monstrous self serving pieces of poo poo lol

I don’t care that she works with the disabled that sounds like an AWFUL home life

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Feste posted:

https://twitter.com/bob_wachter/status/1481131260420390912?s=21

Sorry if this already was posted but I just wanted to lol at the idea that the Atlantic has ever not been full Open Biden

The right & center: "You weakling lefties, you have no grit, you'd have had us giving up less than a year into WWII"

Also the right & center:

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
who the gently caress gets a j and j booster lmfao

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
hello I'd like your shittiest vaccine please. yes, thanky ou

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

In the old days they closed the pool due to aids. Maybe they should do the same because of covid too.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

well yeah. covid is a vascular disease, the penis is a highly vascular organ

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

As an employee of a large state institution I can say that enrollment is disturbingly high. The 2 year associates section is hosed but the 4 year bachelors and grad sections are at near record levels and the school has done little to no mitigation efforts for Covid. They put some percent of the classes online, but students just come in to the library to attend anyway, so I have hundreds of maskless students yelling at each other, playing their class webex's without earphones, and coughing enough to make a doctors office waiting room sound like a vacation.

My office decided to help us though, they bought a 40 pack of n95s for us to share. There are 100+ of us and I doubt they will reup the supply any time soon.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Iron Crowned posted:

Ohio ran PSAs around the holidays, they were literally just simulated text conversations about getting the vax so you can be safe for Thanksgiving, then Xmas. If you're not looking at the TV, it's just a bunch of bleeps and bloops.

I like the vax PSAs they did of people who almost died of covid begging people to get vaccinated where they’re wheezing and nearly crying and you can hear the pain in their voice, I feel like that had to convince at least some people to get vaxxed. Would have spooked the gently caress out of me.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Rectal Death Adept posted:

"See, the world didn't end. I can still go to applebees as long as I don't think about the dead."

The world is going to end because we refuse to do anything until the world is actually ending. Our current strategy is to sit tight and assess until the peaks, at which point we declare COVID over (again) without ever taking any action. But it's clear that we can't keep taking these waves on the chin so we're pretty hosed.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
If I make it through this poo poo I'm gonna be the angriest, orneriest grandpa in the state.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

empty whippet box posted:

who the gently caress gets a j and j booster lmfao

People who think the advantage of heterologous boosting outweighs the disadvantage of using a vaccine with a lower baseline efficacy.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

are leftist podcast people 100% weirdly stupid about this one topic?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

also applicable:

Nichael posted:

are leftist podcast people 100% weirdly stupid . . . ?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Paradoxish posted:

The world is going to end because we refuse to do anything until the world is actually ending. Our current strategy is to sit tight and assess until the peaks, at which point we declare COVID over (again) without ever taking any action. But it's clear that we can't keep taking these waves on the chin so we're pretty hosed.

the world will be run by the 53 pureblood cspam posters who refused to leave their dwellings all while humans around them evolved into Idiocracy characters

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
my work meetings are all missing about 50% of people cause theyre out with covid. its making the meetings much more effective

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

People who think the advantage of heterologous boosting outweighs the disadvantage of using a vaccine with a lower baseline efficacy.

is this a thing? I thought j&j was lovely compared to the others.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
nick was really, really dumb about covid and it's so funny that he decides that since one model is wrong then there is no reason to ever follow any model

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

zegermans posted:

They don't have any plus the post office isn't staffed enough to deliver them

Also they would want to whine that Congress has to appropriate funds for that first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
that one trump guy being the USPS head still because of "norms" and "rules" is so loving funny