Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

on that same note, the fact that 100% of Britain’s House of Lords look like the crypt keeper if he was also severely overweight somehow and covered head to toe in liver spots. I’d post some choice examples but awful app and Imgur mobile don’t seem to be in agreement at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

zegermans posted:

but the other guy was correct though

and that lady didn't actually say anything of substance lol

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

on that same note, the fact that 100% of Britain’s House of Lords look like the crypt keeper if he was also severely overweight somehow and covered head to toe in liver spots. I’d post some choice examples but awful app and Imgur mobile don’t seem to be in agreement at the moment.

Dunno what you mean mate

this is Nigella Lawson's dad, also a Tory lord

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

MikeCrotch posted:

Dunno what you mean mate

'ol goodhair Lawson

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MikeCrotch posted:

Dunno what you mean mate

so this guy sees me as a generic human-killer administrator with 3 users, everyday single day, until told otherwise, which happens sometime around the year 2030, at the earliest

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
#vaporized

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost
This was hilarious, along with the lib assurances that it was normal to go unconscious on warm days

https://twitter.com/zgazda66/status/774993814025011200

but my favorite part was the mysterious piece of metal that fell out of her pants

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzZl9j580tM

lil poopendorfer has issued a correction as of 02:54 on Jan 13, 2022

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

zegermans posted:

but the other guy was correct though

But Jon made a wry face after the guy was done talking that told the audience when to laugh, so who can really say who's right

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Liz warrens authentic black guy barbershop with carpeted floors and dvd cases on the wall

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Office chairs and sofas and no mirrors

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Bush almost died eating a pretzel 20 years ago today.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Echo Chamber posted:

"eating a pretzel"

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

Echo Chamber posted:

didn't he fall off the wagon and fall and hit his head

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.

frankenfreak posted:

"eating a pretzel"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjKBxLhbx5w

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

MikeCrotch posted:

Dunno what you mean mate

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

How is China getting ahead?!

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

the sex ghost posted:

Liz warrens authentic black guy barbershop with carpeted floors and dvd cases on the wall

he's supposed to be there! It's their house!

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

the sex ghost posted:

Im looking forward to the Latino equivalent during Bidens re-election

"just left the taqueria and all my amigos cant wait to vote for biden. 'yo lo quiero' they're saying"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

This was every channel, all the time in the runup to the war. They're all guilty as hell

Phlogiston 4 Lyfe
May 13, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

the sex ghost posted:

The guy who posted that was also the guy who posted about being terrified of a ~satanic airbnb~.

Another person on a discord server I'm in was apparently friends with him. I was assured that he's normal, actually, and that I was being racist for not acknowledging that the kind of decor that my mom sells to aging goths is tailor made to scare minorities.

He also got hired onto the Sanders 2020 campaign after Warren poo poo the bed lol

Peyote Panda
Mar 10, 2019

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Theres literally like, dozens, of political thriller/dramas that the endings dont work anymore after seeing the impact/reaction to the "Grab 'em by the pussy" tape.

The Dead Zone and Transmetropolitan come to mind immediately. It used to be a pretty common trope, and now I can't imagine taking it seriously.
I remember feeling uncertain when Transmetropolitan was originally published that definitively exposing a politician's venality and corruption would actually be the decapitation strike that the story suggested, but hoped I was being overly cynical. Now the last few years have made it clear time and time again that it was embarassingly naive to think that sort of thing will even move the needle.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

lil poopendorfer posted:

This was hilarious, along with the lib assurances that it was normal to go unconscious on warm days

https://twitter.com/zgazda66/status/774993814025011200

but my favorite part was the mysterious piece of metal that fell out of her pants

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzZl9j580tM

It's a panty vibe

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

Milo and POTUS posted:

This was every channel, all the time in the runup to the war. They're all guilty as hell
It was nuts how they all managed to really play down the protests about it too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lil poopendorfer posted:

Im looking forward to the Latino equivalent during Bidens re-election

"just left the taqueria and all my amigos cant wait to vote for biden. 'yo lo quiero' they're saying"

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1014940775757635591?s=20

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

"Oye Como Va" is one of those staple boomer songs that let's them say "I'm not racist, I love Santana!"

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Oye, Cuomo va!

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I mean it's cringy but it's not erally pandering since she grew up like this didnt she

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
shut up zegermans

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Peyote Panda posted:

I remember feeling uncertain when Transmetropolitan was originally published that definitively exposing a politician's venality and corruption would actually be the decapitation strike that the story suggested, but hoped I was being overly cynical. Now the last few years have made it clear time and time again that it was embarassingly naive to think that sort of thing will even move the needle.

It's weird to think that the Ultimate Spider-Man arc from that same era about the Kingpin being caught on video unambiguously doing a murder and fleeing the country, then walking away pretty much consequence free a bunch of issues later would be the more realistic outcome

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

why does his shirt have varicella

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Jesus Christ that is some ugly artwork

On topic, Ben Carson making up a story about stabbing someone. Also just Ben Carson in general

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

christmas boots posted:

speaking of dolphins Gizmodo posted an article the other day apparently dolphins also have a clitoris. now you all know that too

they must have watched the latest episode of Beforeigners bc that's how I learned it too

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Peyote Panda posted:

I haven't read Transmetropolitan in years, but I also remember that being the comic where the first big arc was the police deliberately instigating a riot so they could kill a bunch of homeless people, and the protagonist stopping it by liveblogging it and everyone watching being so horrified at what the police were doing that the city government made the police stop and leave, which is in hindsight also incredibly naive. From real-life experience we now know that you can have a dozen people livestreaming a police riot and at most you'll get the police to voluntarily agree to temporarily use less tear gas, unless they deem it necessary (they always deem it necessary).

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Ella Emhoff

global tetrahedron
Jun 24, 2009

how about the slam poetry girl at inauguration, absolutely abysmal

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

what even happened to her? didn't she get a modeling contract out of the inauguration?

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Yup, although someone at the agency made clear it wasn't about her looks.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

zegermans posted:

I mean it's cringy but it's not erally pandering since she grew up like this didnt she

she grew up in a far away suburb, went to BU to study international relations and econ and was an intern for Ted Kennedy. then she moved to the bronx as an adult

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

You can't say this and not post the pic

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

MikeCrotch posted:

You can't say this and not post the pic

The WAYWT thread is thataway --->