Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Looks like Digne will sign for Villa today, £25m

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Did Villa get a sugar daddy owner too or is this all still from the Grealish money?

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

CyberPingu posted:

Did Villa get a sugar daddy owner too or is this all still from the Grealish money?

they've got two sugar daddy owners+ they haven't spent any of their tv money yet.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

According to wikipedia, their owner is the richest arab and second richest arfrican man in the world. Think they blew all their Grealish money instantly in the last window?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

CyberPingu posted:

Our owners are like the fourth richest in the league behind Chelsea, city and Newcastle.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
New owners bought in when they were about to go bankrupt in the Championship, and they haven't stopped spending since.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

Is he any good?

He's American and the US is ignoring him.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Shrapnig posted:

He's American and the US is ignoring him.

Think he enjoys playing for the England u-21s over the American one lol

He's too good for u23 football, so hope he does well at Boro. Have high hopes.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

UnderFreddy posted:

Yeah but it's funnier if A5h doesn't know this.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Jermaine Defoe to pipe and slippers is a Done Deal

https://twitter.com/RangersFC/status/1481272699624304644?s=20

gently caress knows where he'll end up coaching, he was getting his badges and doing some of the behind the scenes stuff here so maybe he'll go down to Villa - but if he wants playing time I can't see it being in the Prem for anyone.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Usually you go from pub league to the pub.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

I don't think he drinks

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Total Meatlove posted:

gently caress knows where he'll end up coaching, he was getting his badges and doing some of the behind the scenes stuff here so maybe he'll go down to Villa - but if he wants playing time I can't see it being in the Prem for anyone.

I could see him getting a six month deal at one of the relegation candidates. What's the downside?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Total Meatlove posted:

I don't think he drinks

Think I remember an interview he gave when he was at Bournemouth the second time where he said Eddie Howe got him onto going full vegan. Must have worked to get another 5 or 6 years out of him.

Will be interesting to see if he carries on in the championship or something because afaik performances still haven't dropped off that much (?) and even at 39 he still knows where the goal is and is a good influence on the younger lads. Bielsa sign him up

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

the sex ghost posted:

Think I remember an interview he gave when he was at Bournemouth the second time where he said Eddie Howe got him onto going full vegan. Must have worked to get another 5 or 6 years out of him.

Will be interesting to see if he carries on in the championship or something because afaik performances still haven't dropped off that much (?) and even at 39 he still knows where the goal is and is a good influence on the younger lads. Bielsa sign him up

Nah he definitely still has it;

https://twitter.com/BMCRangersRants/status/1481237114935205890?s=20

Given he's been doing some of the commentary/punditry stuff it might be he wants to stay closer to London. Get him back to West Ham.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the sex ghost posted:

not sure if he can make the step back up to the championship but all the best to the lad

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Total Meatlove posted:

Nah he definitely still has it;

https://twitter.com/BMCRangersRants/status/1481237114935205890?s=20

Given he's been doing some of the commentary/punditry stuff it might be he wants to stay closer to London. Get him back to West Ham.

drat thats clean as heck

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TheRat posted:

drat thats clean as heck

It was 18 months ago.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Shrapnig posted:

It was 18 months ago.

Cool?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

It was more in reference to saying he still has it when he's scored 2 goals since then in loving Scotland.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/NUFC/status/1481551655938236422?t=WIPuvh-h3PPTSrOJG7iUrA&s=19

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Well that's Burnley hosed at least

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

burnley confirmed it was for his release clause so the story his agent told newcastle about it after the Trippier signing must be true lol

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Digne to Villa is a done deal.

https://twitter.com/AVFCOfficial/status/1481556063929389058

Frankston fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Jan 13, 2022

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Not sure about the 'holding up a shirt while also wearing a shirt' move. What is he wearing someone else's shirt. Would prefer him to be pointing at or firmly grasping the badge, maybe pumping his fist at the thought of playing for Villa

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

the sex ghost posted:

Not sure about the 'holding up a shirt while also wearing a shirt' move. What is he wearing someone else's shirt. Would prefer him to be pointing at or firmly grasping the badge, maybe pumping his fist at the thought of playing for Villa

Here is a video of him doing just that!

https://twitter.com/AVFCOfficial/status/1481555373597278208

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Nice. drat nice in fact

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

never forget anelka holding the west brom shirt like someone had taken a poo poo in it before handing it to him

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Everton have signed El Ghazi for... some reason

https://twitter.com/Everton/status/1481673051238449156

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Frankston posted:

Everton have signed El Ghazi for... some reason

https://twitter.com/Everton/status/1481673051238449156

An improvement on their other non-DCL striker options?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Eric Cantonese posted:

An improvement on their other non-DCL striker options?

He’s a winger or some such

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

everton really hosed up by hiring benitez when in their money taps have been turned off and he has to hunt for free players phase

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jose posted:

everton really hosed up by hiring benitez when in their money taps have been turned off and he has to hunt for free players phase

Are Everton buying a LB to replace Digne? Rafa’s fullback purchase history is definitely one of the worst

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jose posted:

Everton hosed up by hiring Benitez without having a fully built squad for him to takeover since he is and has always been poo poo at building teams.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Are Everton buying a LB to replace Digne? Rafa’s fullback purchase history is definitely one of the worst

they've already signed like 40m worth of fullbacks in Jan. Some Ukrainian and the Rangers backup

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

UnderFreddy posted:

He's too good for u23 football, so hope he does well at Boro. Have high hopes.

It's a massive jump though, and U23 prospects are victim to mega hype due to the internet. I live a stones throw from the Lancashire FA so get to see a lot of U23 games, I remember a few seasons back Balogun scored a hat trick and the internet fanboys were wanking themselves dry. It was a hat trick of penalties, none of which would have been given at any standard above U23. I hope he comes good but he needs to toughen up rapidly, against Brentford it really was a Kevin and Perry case of 'bigger boys came mum'.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Jose posted:

He’s the only guy willing to put up with that poo poo and he seems emotionally cold enough not to care about fans hating him, so I think it was actually a smart choice on Moshiri’s part.

It wasn’t smart on Benitez’s part to take the job, though.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Has there been any talk aboutbgetring Arsenal a midfielder? Perhaps one that doesn't get a yellow card every 3rd or 4th game

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/purelyfootball/status/1481894024562855936?s=21

Willing this into existence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
If he signs for Burnley we are 100% bringing back the Andy Carroll Premier League Goal Scoring Guessing Game for the rest of the season