Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

It's an act, for Fox. His BBC shows are nothing like that.

It's actually kind of hilarious because American Kitchen Nightmares is all about roaches and mold and BBC Kitchen Nightmares is mostly about getting a second Michelin Star.
:laugh:

Super pedantic thing but it wasn't on the BBC in the UK, it was on Channel 4 which is a commercial broadcaster. That version was way the hell more interesting than the Fox maximum drama crap though. I'd genuinely be curious to sit down with Gordon and just talk with him for an hour to try and find something resembling the real person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I just realized that ever since HBO Max became a thing I stopped thinking of HBO as a channel that actually airs stuff and only think about it as a streaming service.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Khanstant posted:

To Tell The Truth is my current TV dinner gameshow of choice. Most of the other gameshows I've seen past few years with a celeb host have been kind of bummers, they feel like they think they're too good to be there or they aren't great hosts or there's just something from them that drags the rest down to me. To Tell The Truth kind of feels like anthony anderson was like "either y'all put my mom on this show or I won't do it" and it worked. Unless the original also featured the hosts mom, it's a good gimmick. She's also the official "shut the gently caress up and show us your answer" person.

Joel McHale is great hosting Card Sharks. He's actually having fun and engaging with the contestants.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Station Eleven finished and yeah that poo poo was loving brilliant

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

I just realized that ever since HBO Max became a thing I stopped thinking of HBO as a channel that actually airs stuff and only think about it as a streaming service.

Same here. The only time it recently came to mind is when the second season of How To with John Wilson aired, which actually was on HBO and aired at 10 PM, and I realized I'd actually have to wait to 10 PM to watch it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The first episode of Peacemaker :eyepop:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/draconIANdays/status/1481625192329850883?s=20

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

The first episode of Peacemaker :eyepop:

watched it. astoundingly bad. hard to believe this is directed and written by the same guy that did the suicide squad.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
??????? Nah man that was hilarious and James Gunn as hell. I find it incredibly hard to understand how anyone who really liked The Suicide Squad wouldn’t enjoy this show

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
i thought it was painfully unfunny in its comedy and painfully awkward when trying to be earnest. also dont get why theyd make a peacemaker tv show where hes this conflicted hero with maybe a heart of gold (?). thats not what i took from the peacemaker in the movie at all. he was an irredeemable rear end in a top hat.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Opening credits are amazing.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Fucker posted:

i thought it was painfully unfunny in its comedy and painfully awkward when trying to be earnest. also dont get why theyd make a peacemaker tv show where hes this conflicted hero with maybe a heart of gold (?). thats not what i took from the peacemaker in the movie at all. he was an irredeemable rear end in a top hat.

Above all he is dead.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Joel McHale is great hosting Card Sharks. He's actually having fun and engaging with the contestants.

He's a natural host, so I believe you. He's the Talk Soup guy, just got hosting in his bones! He also seems to have fun on To Tell The Truth so he's a good guest too.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Remember when Joel McHale hosted that Spike video game award show and everyone got pissy at him for... being The Soup guy? Fine, maybe you don't want someone taking the piss constantly, but don't get mad at him for doing exactly what he was hired to do, lmao

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

J33uk posted:

Super pedantic thing but it wasn't on the BBC in the UK, it was on Channel 4 which is a commercial broadcaster. That version was way the hell more interesting than the Fox maximum drama crap though. I'd genuinely be curious to sit down with Gordon and just talk with him for an hour to try and find something resembling the real person.

Watch his (*ahem*) British series called The F Word. Probably the closest thing on television to uncovering the person beneath the persona.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Watch his (*ahem*) British series called The F Word. Probably the closest thing on television to uncovering the person beneath the persona.
On the other hand, I just recently saw this video of him making a "grilled cheese sandwich" and I think the true person is someone who can't cook:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E4cQHejFq0

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
lmao at the unmelted cheese cross section shots with whatever hosed up cheese he's using sandwhich between barely toasted spaghetti bread. Kimchi wild but gently caress it, I'd try it. However generally speaking grilled cheese isn't a food you can improve with more expensive fancy ingredients, the less artisan the better. fuckin betty crocker butter from the brown tub slathered on a slice of the airiest one dollar white bread with american cheese, which literally only exists to be used in this one context.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

You know this might be the push I need to finally check that out! Thanks for the rec. Although there's also that multi-level kitchen nightmare looking show on Fox if I want to feel like trash.

J33uk fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jan 13, 2022

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Keep American cheese way the gently caress away from my grilled cheese sandwich. At the very least Cheddar is 1000x better, and a decent grained bread is vastly better than any white bread.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I was someone who really enjoyed James Gunn Suicide Squad , so Peacemaker was perfect for me. Can't wait for more episodes.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I would like to be hugged by an eagle

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

zoux posted:

I would like to be hugged by an eagle

:911:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLclCJY81yM

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Hollismason posted:

I was someone who really enjoyed James Gunn Suicide Squad , so Peacemaker was perfect for me. Can't wait for more episodes.

Cena’s comedy chops are impeccable. I’m extremely looking forward to the remaining episodes.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/sepinwall/status/1481719139836305411?s=21

Patrick Somerville is my kind of guy

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I did not like The Suicide Squad, and I did not like the first episode of Peacemaker. I'm starting to think that the first Guardians of the Galaxy film was an aberration and maybe it's actually just that I don't like James Gunn’s stuff in general.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It happens. I only like one thing the Wachowskis ever did.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I love GotG1, The Suicide Squad, and Pacemaker ep 1 but GotG2 was meh and I think the two films I’ve seen by him from before 2014 - Slither and Super - are just awful.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I can't hate a movie that has a live action homage to Urotsukidoji in it.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
But we're not talking about Shazam

hybridnoisebloom
Nov 16, 2021

https://twitter.com/hbomax/status/1481697084726145025

As the resident Degrassi nerd here i'm ecstatic about this. I just hope they don't turn it into some CW bullshit or something.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I never watched that because I am an American but isn't it exactly CW bullshit

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I demand it to be a pen15 style show with all the original cast playing their characters again.

Except Wheels :( how was the real life dude even more tragic than the character, dammit.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah Drake is pretty tragic

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I do not recognize the false Degrassi years (anything after like... 93?)

jacksonchan
Jun 29, 2005

J33uk posted:

You know this might be the push I need to finally check that out! Thanks for the rec. Although there's also that multi-level kitchen nightmare looking show on Fox if I want to feel like trash.

The Fox shows really do a disservice to Ramsey. His British stuff portrays him as an actual human being instead of the swearing dude Fox makes him out to be. the low rent reality TV production quality of the Fox shows don't help. That being said the new show is decent, it's a mish-mash of reality competition show ideas, but at least Ramsey gets to be nurturing instead of mean and sweary. There is an episode of Bourdain's first show Cook's Tour filmed at one of Ramsey's restaurants when he was still a working chef and it's interesting to see him in that setting.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

zoux posted:

It happens. I only like one thing the Wachowskis ever did.

Always pleased to find another fan of Bound :hellyeah:

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1481750043312930824

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Glad to hear Dean Stockwell didn't die after all, since there is no way they would make a sequel without him :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What the crap????

Ugh, it's gonna be Sam's kid or something.