Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I know 2 people that got COVID-19 again. One is vaxxed/boosted but got it from their chud patents, another isn't & is wrecked with this bout.

I feel bad for the former as it's random chance, and I want to be "I told you to get vaccinated" to the latter but they're doing sensitive, expensive electrical work for me pro bono so I gotta hold my tongue.

until the work is done. :v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Speaking of dipshit evangelicals, The Righteous Gemstones is back and picked up right where it left off.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Beck is kinda interesting in that he used to be so high profile, but ever since Fox dropped him he's been like, the level of a random right wing radio host, so pulling for you covid.

I also had a covid scare, but I've tested negative, so whatever I guess. Threw up on tuesday (probably from eating leftovers that sat around too long), and have since had a sore throat / headache, but guess we'll see. Supposed to go to a wedding on Sunday, wish I wasn't!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I transported a dude yesterday, mid30s, HIV+ but successfully treated, fit as hell, and he was an aching, diarrheal, feverish mess who was in too much pain to put on his sweatpants. I had to pick him up off the floor. This guy wasn't necessarily in any danger for his life, but he was bawling from the discomfort. Outside of even the worst respiratory covid folks and resuscitations I've run, the middling symptomatic unvaxxed cases look horrible and I can't imagine wanting any part of it.

In short:

https://twitter.com/codebluememes/status/1481680649979322372?s=20

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jan 13, 2022

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

C-Euro posted:

Why do sports always have to be equivocated to combat.

He has no other way to contextualize things.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Except the closest he's ever been to combat was being stuffed in a locker in high school

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

LeeMajors posted:

I transported a dude yesterday, mid30s, HIV+ but successfully treated, fit as hell, and he was an aching, diarrheal, feverish mess who was in too much pain to put on his sweatpants. I had to pick him up off the floor. This guy wasn't necessarily in any danger for his life, but he was bawling from the discomfort. Outside of even the worst respiratory covid folks and resuscitations I've run, the middling symptomatic unvaxxed cases look horrible and I can't imagine wanting any part of it.

I got my haircut yesterday and my barber was telling me his bout with COVID was pretty bad. I swear he told me he was vaxxed, but not sure if he got a booster. He's uninsured, so he never went to the hospital, but he said he turned a little blue on his worst day. He's now dealing with some leftover nerve damage, possibly because he was puking a ton. He still gets really tired, and he had to cut his clients down by 1/3 so he can take extra breaks. poo poo is scary.

To make matters worse, he had to cancel a bunch of appointments before New Years and he told me a few of his clients gave him poo poo for it, upset they couldn't get a haircut before their NYE parties. I just can't believe some people man, what a bunch of assholes.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

A lot of it seems to come down to “how can these players respect a woman when I don’t respect any woman?”

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Android Apocalypse posted:

All right, let's fess up: name your poo poo band that you used in that time period.

Elliot Smith. And, bizarrely, Kid Cudi's first album.

It's more about music that I happened to like when huge, life-changing events occurred that had a large impact on me.

bobjr posted:

A lot of it seems to come down to “how can these players respect a woman when I don’t respect any woman?”

Exactly.

Plus man who has never played sports, been in combat, or worked in professional athletics has OPINIONS on all three because he is a man and men are allowed to spout off on whatever the gently caress they want regardless of whether they know jack poo poo about it

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I didn't mention it at the time because my symptoms were more annoying than anything else, and I think someone in the thread had just lost relative or pet and I didn't want to distract from their well wishers, but I got COVID right after Christmas. Woke up with the worst sore throat I can remember ever having and a headache, tested positive in the morning, but no shortness of breath and never lost my sense of smell. Fully vaxxed and boosted, I assume that's why the symptoms were mild. If they recomend another round of boosters I might try and get pfizer since my first 3 shots were all moderna.

Basically wanna become this guy

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7038260658151886086

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Contender for worst blunt rotation:

https://twitter.com/LeeOSanderlin/status/1481666340855418881

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Was just driving to the store and stopped at a light and there was a guy walking his dogs on the sidewalk a little behind me. I guess the guy in the car behind me had a Biden sticker or something because the dude with the dogs just starts SCREAMING gently caress Joe Biden at him over and over

I can’t imagine living in that headspace that’s a guy that just lives in a constant state of anger.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Joey Freshwater posted:

Was just driving to the store and stopped at a light and there was a guy walking his dogs on the sidewalk a little behind me. I guess the guy in the car behind me had a Biden sticker or something because the dude with the dogs just starts SCREAMING gently caress Joe Biden at him over and over

I can’t imagine living in that headspace that’s a guy that just lives in a constant state of anger.

tbf I, too, spend most of the day screaming gently caress Joe Biden

Mostly after reading this thread

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

I'm shocked they didn't pull in Senator Blunt for the pun

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Are these idiots aware that a joint/blunt can have literally whatever amount of marijuana you want in it

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'm the senator waving it around pretending it's the blunt from Up In Smoke

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Play posted:

Are these idiots aware

no

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Play posted:

Are these idiots aware that a joint/blunt can have literally whatever amount of marijuana you want in it

The fun thing about our elected officials is that when it comes to marijuana, political party doesn’t matter and it’s not enough they’re all regressive, they’re also the biggest goddamn dweebs about the whole thing too

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

It seems like the worst of my covid symptoms are over. Overall it was similar to a bad cold with headache, coughing, and congestion. The worst 2-3 days I had chills and muscle aches as well. I still have the occasional coughing attack, however it was calm enough this morning to get more than 30-60 minutes of sleep at a time. When walking down a single flight of stairs at home has me breathing hard for air. Hopefully it isn't too bad for when I go back to work. I suspect it will still be a few weeks before I build my endurance back up.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Play posted:

If they're debating legalizing medical sale or something I think there tends to be a roughly standard amount of weed in various pre-wrapped joints. Like, hand wrapped cigarettes can have however much tobacco you want, but when you buy a pack of cigarettes regardless of brand they're generally the same size.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Freaquency posted:

tbf I, too, spend most of the day screaming gently caress Joe Biden

Mostly after reading this thread

Alright but I would hope you’re not randomly screaming it at people on the street

Also the reason you’re saying it is way different than the reason that guy is

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Bird in a Blender posted:

Ska music isn't lovely, you just don't appreciate it! :cry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IYQznBD8oI

Android Apocalypse posted:

There was that ever-so-brief moment I was wondering which was the Catholic school but the kid wearing the "PRO-LIFE" shirt cleared it right up.

All right, let's fess up: name your poo poo band that you used in that time period.

I've been open about my appreciation of Dave Matthews Band in high schoo/college because it was the go to mood music suburban white chicks wanted to listen to when they wanted action

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Kalli posted:

I'm the senator waving it around pretending it's the blunt from Up In Smoke

They should bring in the Liberty Bong: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jetCWINza5w

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

seiferguy posted:

They should bring in the Liberty Bong: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jetCWINza5w

How High was a goddamn masterpiece

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

FizFashizzle posted:

He has no other way to contextualize things.

The short-lived period right after 9/11 where sports broadcasters had to uncomfortably wrestle with using combat terminology to cover sports was just so so good

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Skwirl posted:

If they're debating legalizing medical sale or something I think there tends to be a roughly standard amount of weed in various pre-wrapped joints. Like, hand wrapped cigarettes can have however much tobacco you want, but when you buy a pack of cigarettes regardless of brand they're generally the same size.

Pre-wraps are always weighed before being sold. So they have exactly as much weed as it says on the package they do. It's not something that's really debateable.

Usually the standard is a half gram unless it's advertised as a phat one

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Andrew had been stripped of all his royal titles and privileges. My guess is the crown’s lawyers just received a batch of discovery.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I ordered a shirt from the Savannah Bananas yesterday and this morning I got a shipping notification. I was like hey thats cool and fast, I'll get my shirt soon.

Then I get a call and it's a lady from the Bananas calling to thank me for buying the shirt and to let me know it was in the mail which was just :3: as all hell

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Andrew had been stripped of all his royal titles and privileges. My guess is the crown’s lawyers just received a batch of discovery.

He's still the Duke of York, but he'll be tried as a private citizen and has lost his military titles and patronages. And yeah I wonder if this is also so there's no question as to whether he can be extradited to the US. It also means e.g. he can't demand a military trial, and he can't spend Crown money on his defense, both of which would look really fuckin' bad for the whole royal family.

The Queen is infamously a hardass. She will 100% always do what she thinks protects the Crown and the royal family, over any concern for one of her family member's needs or feelings or whatever.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Mr. Nice! posted:

It's probably just an immediate consequence of his failure to get the case dismissed yesterday. He basically has no way to salvage his reputation now, either he enters into another settlement (which won't be enough) or he gets exposed to discovery.

And yeah Giuffre's lawyers have asked for discovery on the sweating thing lol

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Leperflesh posted:

The Queen is infamously a hardass. She will 100% always do what she thinks protects the Crown and the royal family, over any concern for one of her family member's needs or feelings or whatever.

See, I would believe this if I believed the queen was still alive!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

They were just trying to recreate this scene from History of The World.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

seiferguy posted:

See, I would believe this if I believed the queen was still alive!

What rear end is harder than the dessicated corpse of a nonagenarian

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
lol drag his rear end to the gallows

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

shirts and skins posted:

Lord I'd managed to somehow forget about the sweating thing.

Did he say he got better with this made up illness or can we just put him on a treadmill for a while and then convict him?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Can someone give me the recap of this Prince Andrew thing cause I have zero idea what y’all are talking about.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

fartknocker posted:

Can someone give me the recap of this Prince Andrew thing cause I have zero idea what y’all are talking about.

He was one of Epstein's pals and probably hosed underage girls on airplanes.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

fartknocker posted:

He was buddies with Epstein and has a civil sexual assault case in New York that wasn't dismissed so th Queen told him you're on your own binch

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Leperflesh posted:

He was one of Epstein's pals and probably hosed underage girls on airplanes.

Its Rinaldo posted:

He was buddies with Epstein and has a civil sexual assault case in New York that wasn't dismissed so th Queen told him you're on your own binch

:yikeseroo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

shirts and skins posted:

The "I don't sweat' defense is honestly one of the funniest loving things ever. I literally cannot believe that this was the excuse he came up with as to why it couldn't have been him