Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Dwesa posted:

it's face paint that we see on the poster according to the garland tools website

Garland Tools datamined the item a little while ago. I happened to stumble across it looking for something else and it has examples of what it looks like on all the races (it looks pretty good on Hroth, imo). It's only the second "Modern Cosmetics" item in the game. The first gave bats and spiderweb face paints and it's arguably among the rarest items since they've never sold it on the shop, to my knowledge on the shop apparently, I just never looked hard enough I suppose.

Anyway, whoop whoop ninjas, and all of that.

HackensackBackpack fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jan 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Countblanc posted:

I don't think those sorts of moments are inherently bad but they're definitely the leading cause of burnout or bad blood in my experience in statics.

It'll probably be less bad with gear, at least in parts like the add phase where you can recover from one death if your party is on point with damage. Having repeated failures to NUMBERS or some poo poo where one person blinking kills everybody gets people salty really fast though.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

HackensackBackpack posted:

Garland Tools datamined the item a little while ago. I happened to stumble across it looking for something else and it has examples of what it looks like on all the races (it looks pretty good on Hroth, imo). It's only the second "Modern Cosmetics" item in the game. The first gave bats and spiderweb face paints and it's arguably among the rarest items since they've never sold it on the shop, to my knowledge.

Anyway, whoop whoop ninjas, and all of that.

https://store.finalfantasyxiv.com/ffxivstore/en-us/category/16

The first one's been available in the online store for about as long as I can remember.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

W.T. Fits posted:

https://store.finalfantasyxiv.com/ffxivstore/en-us/category/16

The first one's been available in the online store for about as long as I can remember.

Oh what?? I'd never seen it! (Seven dollars!?)

Well nevermind then.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

progging through p3s and honestly this arena is pretty unforgivable. orange on orange on orange on orange. gross.

probably won't beat this week as we got walled by adds last night. just kinda kept running into conflicting ideas on why the adds kept enraging. should have a plan going forward, at least.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

And can you believe it the fight gets even more orange than that

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I progged and cleared the fight with all party effects on and bahamutsize set to large. Be afraid.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Vitamean posted:

I progged and cleared the fight with all party effects on and bahamutsize set to large. Be afraid.

.., and what about titansize?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Add phase is only barely starting to ramp up into maximal orange.

I can't believe that P4S boss demands brainwork right off the bat.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

gonna need shades for this one

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The only time I have ever considered lowering the size of my static's SMN's egis is in P2S while the water is up. There's just so little space available, and then he summons Titan...

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Dryzen posted:

And can you believe it the fight gets even more orange than that

:negative:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

It gets so orange that some secondary mechanics are colored red/black so it's actually possible to see them!

E: healers please press your AoE shield buttons while doing fountains. The results are both hilariously strong and probably the only way to keep the DPS from accidentally murdering each other.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Game can get very glowy in certain instances.

This is the last thing a zone 6 S rank saw (death comes on golden wings)

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I made my egis small because they're funnier that way. If I could turn their final forms back into multi-colored carbuncles, I would. But since I've been raiding weekly much more than I used to I've finally turned off all other player effects.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Algid posted:

Game can get very glowy in certain instances.

This is the last thing a zone 6 S rank saw (death comes on golden wings)

you can't fool me. that's an old testament angel.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Vitamean posted:

gonna need shades for this one

I study creation magic
I love my classes
Got a crazy healer
Who wears dark glasses
Things are going great and they’re only getting better

I’m doin all right
Gettin upgrades
But this raid is so bright
I gotta wear shades

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

HackensackBackpack posted:

I study creation magic
I love my classes
Got a crazy healer
Who wears dark glasses
Things are going great and they’re only getting better

I’m doin all right
Gettin upgrades
But this raid is so bright
I gotta wear shades

:discourse:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Vitamean posted:

Okay but did you do that with P1S?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Ferrinus posted:

Okay but did you do that with P1S?

yes next question

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Okay, but did you do that with an illegal third party mod that replaces all effects in the game with Vermillion Scourge?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Use a suspicious third party tool to replace all the egi and summon models with Ruby Weapon. Or to be thematic, another Eric.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Vermain posted:

Okay, but did you do that with an illegal third party mod that replaces all effects in the game with Vermillion Scourge?

bet

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Next job should be a highly customizable ancient transform mode

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

They're gonna add another job that uses the Scouting armorset in 7.0 and it's gonna be a ranged DPS that uses Blitzballs.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Badger of Basra posted:

Next job should be a highly customizable ancient transform mode

That sounds like the sort of thing they'd make a limited job out of.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I hope twenty years have passed by come 10.0 and the baby we saved is a Dragoon and Estinien's former student. She's got the classic backstory for it.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

This is the real big brain move

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzaOoumpYKs

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I've been saying for years right before the game goes into maintenance mode they should add one final Mime job for getting every job to cap that lets you mix and match skills in stupid and broken ways.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
if you had access to every button in the game, would the optimal rotation just be to maintain all the +10% buffs you get from various classes, cycling through them as their 30s timers expire

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

Tekopo posted:

I think PF might have soured my experience, because the groups in Chaos DC were a very mixed bag.

my experience with primal p2s clear parties so far have been a combination of D and one of A,B,C

a) wipe to overflow 1
b) tank runs into poop square with tether
c) wipe to avarice 1
d) not even close to enough damage even without mistakes

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

if you had access to every button in the game, would the optimal rotation just be to maintain all the +10% buffs you get from various classes, cycling through them as their 30s timers expire

Hitting them all at once and snapshotting dots inside that mega burst window would be better, which is basically how it shook out in bozja with the flare star cheese.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

I hope at some point in the game they introduce summon glamours. Being able to unlock summons for your three jewels and then mix and match them for summoner sets would be so satisfying and honestly i'd be excited to pair up with a summoner just to see what they use to block my field of view.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

P-Mack posted:

Hitting them all at once and snapshotting dots inside that mega burst window would be better, which is basically how it shook out in bozja with the flare star cheese.

well, there's all the ogcd buff buttons of course but I was referring to things like storm's path and disembowel, stacking on top of the ogcds

might be too many gcds to be worth it though

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Mimic knows what's up, and what they actually copy is the effects of Lost actions and essences (useable outside of Bozja).

Otherwise, just let me Riddle of Fire + Inner Release before a sam burst phase.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Arrrthritis posted:

I hope at some point in the game they introduce summon glamours. Being able to unlock summons for your three jewels and then mix and match them for summoner sets would be so satisfying and honestly i'd be excited to pair up with a summoner just to see what they use to block my field of view.

It's already there, just the options are the jeweled summons, egis or the carbuncles. (I run with the carbuncles, for example.) S-E could add more to the system, now that they've done the rework they kept putting off the updates they've talked about doing.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Thundarr posted:

Mimic knows what's up, and what they actually copy is the effects of Lost actions and essences (useable outside of Bozja).

Otherwise, just let me Riddle of Fire + Inner Release before a sam burst phase.

What, no PLD +25% boost?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Onean posted:

What, no PLD +25% boost?

I forgot FoF was an entire 25%.

How is it paladin has such a lovely DPS potential again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Onean posted:

It's already there, just the options are the jeweled summons, egis or the carbuncles. (I run with the carbuncles, for example.) S-E could add more to the system, now that they've done the rework they kept putting off the updates they've talked about doing.

I don't know if I would say that it's already there. You can mix and match the egis, sure, but I was hoping for something more in line with swapping Titan for Bismarck or other weird poo poo like that.