Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
I stomped the Trial with the trailcat and the same tune (changing only gearing) cannot get me into first in the series event for trailcats only. Great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

ixnay posted:

People were looking at the future seasons and I think it was next week’s Bentley challenge that had a 100 mile drive challenge in it.

Talk about plunging the depth of banality. Time to do the Goliath three times I guess.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

emdash posted:

I stomped the Trial with the trailcat and the same tune (changing only gearing) cannot get me into first in the series event for trailcats only. Great

Have you tried smashing into the competition in every single corner until you're in first?

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

Shanghaied posted:

Talk about plunging the depth of banality. Time to do the Goliath three times I guess.

I still haven't done clean rivals runs on the long races, so maybe I'll kill two birds with one stone

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

to be fair this game absolutely shits credits at you at an insane rate. i'm sitting on 30 million credits right now and that's after buying almost every car in the game and without any auction house shenanigans.

Okay so like I’m not very good at this game only play is casually but like… what? That’s not my experience at all. What are you doing to make money?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Max Peck posted:

Half my trial team (including me) showed up in the racing semi and bullied every single AI

That thing is loving hilarious and insanely dominant. Not only fast and with good stats but so heavy you can just bash the AI out of the way.

Can't wait to get home and do that :devil:

The Trials have honestly become one of my favorite parts of the game. A nice semi-cooperative challenge. Sometimes I even keep playing them after I've already won just to help out and enjoy it.

Shanghaied posted:

Does it count within races? I kinda assumed it didn't so I just want around hunting down XP boards for lack of anything better to do

Arcsech posted:

Okay so like I’m not very good at this game only play is casually but like… what? That’s not my experience at all. What are you doing to make money?

They probably just play more than you. I've only got like 2 mil right now since I just recently finally bought the last 5 mil house. But I have enough that I never hesitate to upgrade anything or use fast travel whenever I feel like it. I just don't really buy cars much

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Arcsech posted:

Step 1: Get wheelspins (level up/do arcade events for FP, buy super wheelspins)
Step 2: Get Rich

emdash posted:

You need to download a tune, I think there is one from the Dong Jong Zoewon Hong guy whatever his name is, you'll find it, he's usually the first tune in the list since he is so popular.
The trailcat championship was really hard, you need the absolute best tune to beat it (in my experience).

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Maybe already mentioned but I had to buy the F40 for the speed trap as well. Another 1.2 million on top of the Bentley. And the F40C doesn't work.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Arcsech posted:

mostly i just do everything in the weekly playlist. i did also make a whole lot of money in rivals before i got sick of it when the meta shifted to cars that handle like dogshit but accelerate really fast, which is extremely not my jam.

and as mentioned, you could do arcade events for forzathon points and buy super wheelspins, it's prolly the fastest way to make money right now since soloing arcade events taked like 4 minutes and super wheelspins almost always give out at least a couple hundred thousand credits

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I miss the willys super wheelspins yall

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

beggar posted:

Yeah i think the next best thing now is that one Nissan or Toyota for 25k that has a SW for 14 skill points. I ended up running a few skill point auto drive eventlabs last weekend after buying the castle because I was flat out broke.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

beggar posted:

The 2015 Cayman GTS spins are still there.

i am a kajillionaire from flipping rare cars but that doesn't seem possible now with so few people earning/selling the newest cars

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008
Oh, my game has been absolutely refusing to connect to multiplayer (dunno why, every other game works), so I’ve played zero arcade. Cool, guess I’ll wait for them to fix the game… saying that a lot about this one.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Arcsech posted:

Oh, my game has been absolutely refusing to connect to multiplayer (dunno why, every other game works), so I’ve played zero arcade. Cool, guess I’ll wait for them to fix the game… saying that a lot about this one.

if you're on xbox, quick resume breaks online

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

They've fixed it so quick resume only breaks online sometimes now

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

Powershift posted:

if you're on xbox, quick resume breaks online

First party Microsoft titles, ladies and gents.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Wiltsghost posted:

Maybe already mentioned but I had to buy the F40 for the speed trap as well. Another 1.2 million on top of the Bentley. And the F40C doesn't work.

I sold mine after and made the full cost of the purchase back.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

arcade kinda sucks. don't make yourself play it if you don't want to, having a shitload of money is p overrated

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

The S2 seasonal championship is too fast for my brain to handle and its scary to me.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Max Peck posted:

Half my trial team (including me) showed up in the racing semi and bullied every single AI

This was great advice. Really a “men among boys” situation - you just knock them out of the way like they aren’t there. Plus, that truck is great off-roads highly recommended.

The speed trap this week is a pain.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Night Danger Moose posted:

The S2 seasonal championship is too fast for my brain to handle and its scary to me.

use rewinds?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm waiting patiently for people who paid $4m for the bentley only to find out the final challenge is to drive it 100 fuckin miles.

It takes 10 minutes even if you tune your top gear to do 800mph and beach yourself on a rock.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jan 13, 2022

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Powershift posted:

I'm waiting patiently for people who paid $4m for the bentley only to find out the final challenge is to drive it 100 fuckin miles.

It takes 10 minutes even if you tune your top gear to do 800mph and beach yourself on a rock.

does that actually work? lol

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Play posted:

does that actually work? lol

yuuuuup

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Goa Tse-tung posted:

use rewinds?

Oh I did, liberally. Took me 6 attempts to get third place on the final race to win the championship. No thoughts only speed

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

That's amazing.

Knocked out the speed trap, my recommendation is to grab a tune that keeps it RWD as the "better" cornering of AWD scrubs too much speed around that final corner before the bridge.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
The stock F40 tops out at like 200mph, and you only need 145 for the trap. I just installed a sport transmission, greatly shortened the gears, and spent the rest of the PI on some extra power. Not even sure I needed the power, cause the hardest part was getting it through the turns, and I ended up having to cut over grass a lot. Might have been easier if I spent it on better tires

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

i'm so loving good at this game, i turned it on and i instantly beat the horizon tour festival goal for this week. and the next. and also the one after that :clint:

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Play posted:

Does it count within races? I kinda assumed it didn't so I just want around hunting down XP boards for lack of anything better to do

Yes it does, so either use it to post clean laps on all the long races, and/or turn on auto-steer and assisted braking and do those sp farm eventlab events a billion times.

Night Danger Moose posted:

Judging by the S2 trials a few weeks ago you're far from alone.

Also maybe it's just because I'm playing on a 60hz monitor, but my screen turns kinda jerky when racing PI950+ cars, like old-timey film footages or the action scenes in Mad Max Furry Road. The frame-rate just seemed too low for the speed. it's kinda cool. Anyone else notice that or is it all in my head?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Shanghaied posted:

Judging by the S2 trials a few weeks ago you're far from alone.

S2 for trials is my bane. gently caress up once and you're yeeting yourself off at 900kph, there's zero room for error. I'm cool with championships because at least those have rewind and I can chill without worrying about even a tiny mistake. And, no delays if you want to restart.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
PG is sorry they made a bad challenge:

https://twitter.com/forza_support/status/1481744360647507969

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

"sorry for making you guys drive a single car for like an hour. here's enough points to buy the 'womp womp womp' horn from the forzathon shop"

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
It's pretty funny they're struggling designing these, considering they have over three years of Weekly experience to draw from.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
somehow them admitting they made a bad event makes it feel even worse

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It would be cool if along with all these apology points if they actually gave us something to spend them on.

The points are ultimately useless when the forzathon store is so limited, and constantly filled with easily attainable cars.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Log those miles online cowards

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

The Midniter posted:

The speed trap this week is a pain.
This tune did it for me, but you've still got to be really clean on that last turn: 393 448 083

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

I just did three laps of the Goliath. Finally got a clean time!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
200 super wheelspins when

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
you can still drive afk in events, so I just took a 5 lap goliath-like and made dinner