Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Pizza Segregationist posted:

was Bessner the guy who kept using the term "post-scarcity" incorrectly or am I thinking of another chapo guest?

Wait isn't this the moron that does Hinge Points with Matt? No wonder he thinks propaganda doesn't work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DirtyRobot
Dec 15, 2003

it was a normally happy sunny day... but Dirty Robot was dirty
Bessner is extremely stupid

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

DirtyRobot posted:

I remember thinking that on the episode of Chapo where they announced Hinge Points, he had some wildly dumb takes

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

he’s boring as hell too, I’d rather Matt just have done hinge points as an inebriated past type of thing

DirtyRobot
Dec 15, 2003

it was a normally happy sunny day... but Dirty Robot was dirty

KomradeX posted:

he had some wildly dumb takes

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

DirtyRobot posted:

thats the thing that bugs me most about him; he is clearly very smart, and just as clearly when he starts talking about something he cares about, he is reading off an internal script regardless of what anyone else says

when matt goes off, it has the feel of a drunk trying to get his head around a concept that he'd be the first to admit he's not clear on; when bessner goes off it has the cadence and intonation of a guy trying to get you to invest in his startup

he is not dumb, but he is trying to sell you something, and he is not as good at hiding it as he would like to be

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
the RLM guys liked Dasha’s movie

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

"clearly not afraid of what anyone thinks"

The brain of the wisconsinite cannot comprehend the levels of irony and clout seeking that the Dashas operate on

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

I haven't watched this yet, did Mike actually like it or was this just Jay trying too hard?

Paffgen
Jul 13, 2009
How sensitive the Dashas are is the weirdest thing about them. Dasha was posting "you try making a movie then!" type stuff and did a copyright take down of every single individual Glenn Maxwell clip that got tweeted out months ago.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Often Abbreviated posted:

I think Dasha might have devoured Anna's energy somehow. She's growing in power and influence whilst Anna descends into a pit filled with covid and Twitter drama.

at any point, she can step into a magic wardrobe and claim the lands of Narnia for her own

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Mike didn’t watch it, Jay watched it and said it reminded him of an old exploitation movie, in a good way, but he said the performances were all over the place and he didn’t even say Dasha’s name

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

lol immediately before talking about Dasha's movie they go on a long tangent about Kevin Spacey's Christmas videos, and how those were coded messages to other people in the Hollywood sexual abuse community, and he didn't need to make one this year because now all of his accusers are mysteriously dead.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

Mike didn’t watch it, Jay watched it and said it reminded him of an old exploitation movie, in a good way, but he said the performances were all over the place and he didn’t even say Dasha’s name

wow. he didnt even say her name? dont you think not knowing that Dasha cheated on Adam makes for a more impartial review then

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Bust Rodd posted:

what's the point of even making a movie if some schlub in wisconsin won't even say your name, what a waste

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m just saying they talk about this movie for less than 3 minutes and move on immediately, it’s not exactly a “worlds colliding” moment

it did low key make me wanna watch it though, but I can’t do my boy Cool Adam like that

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

jealous much? sounds like the dasha haters are on life support again, seething & coping for dear life 💅

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

I truly am insanely jealous of the RLM guy for not knowing anything about any of this poo poo

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I will never be jealous of a person living in Milwaukee Wisconsin

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Maya Fey posted:

jealous much? sounds like the dasha haters are on life support again, seething & coping for dear life 💅

Time to intubate the dasha haters and pump pure contrarian takes right into their lungs

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

holefoods posted:

he’s boring as hell too, I’d rather Matt just have done hinge points as an inebriated past type of thing

i could absolutely belive that he is incredibly smart and right about everything always, but as he is not the least bit interesting to listen to, and they are treating irrelevant contrafactuals as a chosen theme, i see no reason to listen.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/E1podcast/status/1481695399505186820?s=20

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Correct take

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
yeah I agree with the loser bookworm nerd telling normal people to not be loser bookworm nerds, he’s speaking from experience and it reinforces my belief that reading is a waste of time (you could be posting)

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Correct me if I am wrong but aren't the mid level clowns the ones who are ideologically all for the stated values of a project like bringing freedom(tm)?

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

love the line from Will about how "Him and Matt" went to the Iowa State Fair. No one else went with them at all, of course.

Anyway great time for live shows

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

your boss and landlords are bitches: an 1100 page treatise.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/nobody_stop_me/status/1481708682509529088

varg vs dasha

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Lmfao

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
The new e1 is really good

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
who are these people

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

Who

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

how many weeks before he is on the pod

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Jesus loving christ, just a complete moron

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
oh hell yes varg vs dasha

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

slave to my cravings posted:

who are these people

Varg used to be a member of a popular black metal group until he murdered one of his bandmates. He went to prison, got out, and now spends his time on twitter lusting for e-girls and extolling the benefits of living naturally. He's also a straight up nazi.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Varg also moved to france and lives in the woods.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Varg used to be a member of a popular black metal group until he murdered one of his bandmates. He went to prison, got out, and now spends his time on twitter lusting for e-girls and extolling the benefits of living naturally. He's also a straight up nazi.

He was also involved in some church burnings, which were pretty big in the black metal community at that time. In 1997 a group of Neo-Nazis were going to break him out of jail and his mother paid for it but claimed she didn't know they were Neo-Nazis. It was a pretty notable thing for people who followed metal music at that time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

in honor of this clash of the titans im gonna listen to det som engang var