Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
diablows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Diablows where hadeson’t.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stux posted:

have any of you ever played diablo

nope looks hella boring

you walk through this dungeon and everything explodes and there's a lot of treasure then you do it again

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

hadeez nuts

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

The Bloop posted:

nope looks hella boring

you walk through this dungeon and everything explodes and there's a lot of treasure then you do it again

lmao what kind of awesome video games are you playing where this is boring

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

The Bloop posted:

nope looks hella boring

Until you hit an elite mob with a list of suffixes longer than their name. loving Illusionist-Molten-Electrified-Jailers can eat it.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Imagine owning a console that didn't have a first party banger released every 2-3 months.

Wintendo, imo

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

you know how people talk about stuff that looks more complex than it is and say it's a mile wide but an inch deep?

diablo 3 is an inch wide and an inch deep. loving poo poo game.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
We get it, Diablo 3 reminds you of your penis.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

my penis is also a cube

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
a GAAAAME cube

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

More like a time cube

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Chronojam posted:

More like a time cube

Your father was a fish.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

But what about Diablo Immortal but for Switch

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

The Bloop posted:

a GAAAAME cube

contrary to popular belief not actually a cube.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

First a gun and now scary?! I guess Kirby is done being shaped like a friend. Now he’s shaped like a fiend.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stux posted:

contrary to popular belief not actually a cube.

but it does have a handle, so that makes up for it

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”
the gamecube is perfection

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Is there a recommended third party TV dock? The standalone official docks are $$$$

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

I would actually appreciate a new game with the pacing and feel of Diablo 1. It was a much slower paced game without the insane power creep of 2 or 3 and crazy spells, and I like that it was sort of classless in that class only affected starting attributes and growth, with some conditionally useful secondary abilities. I also really liked a lot of the drumming music later in the game, it's still the only Diablo game with music I can remember. It also has prettier 2d art and better animated monsters than Diablo 2. And the shrines that make permanent changes to your character are awesome and differentiate repeated runs of the game from each other.

I think what would be very interesting (to me) is something with that Diablo 1 pacing and style but without town portals, either make the player go all the way back to town or just make it impossible. Make going further/deeper the best or only path even in the face of increasing danger.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Prophet of Nixon posted:

I would actually appreciate a new game with the pacing and feel of Diablo 1. It was a much slower paced game without the insane power creep of 2 or 3 and crazy spells, and I like that it was sort of classless in that class only affected starting attributes and growth, with some conditionally useful secondary abilities. I also really liked a lot of the drumming music later in the game, it's still the only Diablo game with music I can remember. It also has prettier 2d art and better animated monsters than Diablo 2. And the shrines that make permanent changes to your character are awesome and differentiate repeated runs of the game from each other.

I think what would be very interesting (to me) is something with that Diablo 1 pacing and style but without town portals, either make the player go all the way back to town or just make it impossible. Make going further/deeper the best or only path even in the face of increasing danger.

have you tried dragon crawl sto ne soup

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I have no idea why people hate Diablo 3 because I've played all 3 and there's no discernable difference.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Prophet of Nixon posted:

have you considered splatoon 2

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Steve Yun posted:

Is there a recommended third party TV dock? The standalone official docks are $$$$

People swear by the Genki dock.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I have no idea why people hate Diablo 3 because I've played all 3 and there's no discernable difference.

But the meta!

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Can the Switch recognize analog triggers (like on an 8BitDo Pro 2)? I know none of the official Nintendo controllers have analog triggers but I'm looking for a better experience in racing games.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

LuckyCat posted:

Can the Switch recognize analog triggers (like on an 8BitDo Pro 2)? I know none of the official Nintendo controllers have analog triggers but I'm looking for a better experience in racing games.

Are the gamecube ones not official, not equipped with analog triggers, or both?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Please stop badmouthing the devil in this thread.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKJPrOabVI4

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Or to put it a better way, criticize games with insight and actual depth rather than "this game reminds me of my dick". I'd like to get this thread away from that sort of dumb shitposting and into more lighthearted shitposting.

More "Wintendo" and less "Losetendo" if you will.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”
its called nofriendo because it has no friends

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Mister Facetious posted:

Are the gamecube ones not official, not equipped with analog triggers, or both?
From what I've been told, the official Smash-branded GameCube controllers don't have analog triggers. Apparently the Mario Sunshine port in the 3D All-Stars collection doesn't recognize analog triggers even when you're playing with an actual GameCube controller through the official adapter AFAIK.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Mega64 posted:

Please stop badmouthing the devil in this thread.

Cuz he may cry?

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't consider the Gamecube controller in my attic to be an official Switch controller, no. The Joycons and the Pro Controller only have digital buttons in place of analog triggers.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
played Mario party today. Computers are a gently caress

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I actually prefer 3 to 2 greatly, but prefer 1 to either of them. 2 and 3 are a different genre from 1, and 3 really refined it.

2 actually has a bit in common with 1 at the beginning, but by the time you're partway through Act II it is firmly something else.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Prophet of Nixon posted:

I actually prefer 3 to 2 greatly, but prefer 1 to either of them. 2 and 3 are a different genre from 1, and 3 really refined it.

2 actually has a bit in common with 1 at the beginning, but by the time you're partway through Act II it is firmly something else.

3 blows rear end

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Fits right in with the rest of the series then

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The only good diablike is Borderlands because the combat actually feels like something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Wrong thread lol