Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
lol they segregated the actors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

indigi posted:

None of the above

pattinson

comedy option , tony leung, specifically since he was born under british rule

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

its time to deploy akwafina to save the bond franchise

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
cillian murphy would be good at portraying the alluring yet disturbingly empty aspects of the character, i think

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

projecthalaxy posted:

its time to deploy akwafina to save the bond franchise

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

lol they segregated the actors

lol yeah i'm surprised they didn't go straight up from darkest skin tone to lightest

anyway i don't care about bond but i'd love to see boyega in some sort of spy movie, like kingsman but not garbage

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Chris Pratt

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

make Kingo Bond don't let that physique go to waste

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I’d like to see Boyega in more non-space opera sci fi stuff. he could be a spy

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

The Man with the Finger Gun

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

indigi posted:

I’d like to see Boyega in more non-space opera sci fi stuff. he could be a spy

he's so good in Attack the Block but I'm genuinely unclear if he's been in any other good movies

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/Yair_Rosenberg/status/1481711653335052298

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Hamilton offends me on a personal level whereas I just think Harry Potter is garbage

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

K’mala fornever

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

critics are being critical of massively popular cultural products —— a new phenomenon

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

let's have a few years where we have actors playing bond for one movie then movie one. cillian murphy or idris elba as bond would be cool. making them sign on for over a decade so we get a bond movie with them at 65 would be weird.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

indigi posted:

Hamilton offends me on a personal level whereas I just think Harry Potter is garbage

It's also hilarious all the grown rear end adults who got into Harry Potter and also feel that it's still culturally relevant.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1481684066495696899?s=20

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

etalian posted:

It's also hilarious all the grown rear end adults who got into Harry Potter and also feel that it's still culturally relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV0wTtiJygY

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

when they include “immediately” when saying someone did not respond for comment, that probably means they gave the representative less than a minute before hitting publish, right

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

etalian posted:

i liked how he took harry potters appearance on the bestseller list as proof that everyone still loves harry potter and not as an indictment of literature as a popular medium as a whole that its completely incapable of producing new hits such that the bestseller lists are almost completely meaningless now in terms of relevance

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Atrocious Joe posted:

let's have a few years where we have actors playing bond for one movie then movie one. cillian murphy or idris elba as bond would be cool. making them sign on for over a decade so we get a bond movie with them at 65 would be weird.

ah yes, the Colonel Sanders Gambit.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
loving lmao. absolutely embarrassing dreck

henry cavill was quite good in Man from uncle and would have made a good one in another timeline https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9sEvT3WN0o

however, he absolutely should not because bond movies are dogshit written by loving morons purvis & wade and faildaughter barbara broccoli running the show. he should do good things instead of bad things.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The UK is like 3 percent black, who are they trying to fool? Make Devi Patel the first nonwhite James Bond imo.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

OA was good
don't sleep on Station Eleven if you liked that vibe, I'd say they're pretty close

Yea I kinda unexpectedly loved it. Will def check out Station Eleven, thanks for the rec.

Everyone should give The OA a shot if you haven't, it's not for everyone but is very moody, mysterious, and enjoyable.

Miss Lonelyhearts has issued a correction as of 02:17 on Jan 14, 2022

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Some Guy TT posted:

i liked how he took harry potters appearance on the bestseller list as proof that everyone still loves harry potter and not as an indictment of literature as a popular medium as a whole that its completely incapable of producing new hits such that the bestseller lists are almost completely meaningless now in terms of relevance

the virgin Rowling vs the Chad Tolkien

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOZPWpUAX0U

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Laterite posted:

cillian murphy would be good at portraying the alluring yet disturbingly empty aspects of the character, i think

drat....drat

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i wanna be in the "cillian murphy is james bond" universe

Serf
May 5, 2011

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

Yea I kinda unexpectedly loved it. Will def check out Station Eleven, thanks for the rec.

Everyone should give The OA a shot if you haven't, it's not for everyone but is very moody, mysterious, and enjoyable.

i remember watching the oa and thinking it was the most bizarre bullshit i'd seen in a long time and not in a good way. it was loving weird to see people saying it was good

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

That entire series was definitely based around the Tulsa massacre scene and then they never managed to write anything interesting around it but they had to push it through anyway because drat what a good scene that was
Maybe a movie's worth of interesting concepts stretched over 10 hours and for my money the bad direction ruined what could have been an interesting role for Yahya Abdul-Mateen

I like how white liberals watching the show seemed confused how the Tulsa massacre scene was based on real history.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

etalian posted:

i hated harry potter when I was a kid growing up. cause it was very popular and I was a contrarian. i never even read any of the books or saw any of the movies

I feel good about it now though

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i just learned that the best resource for trying to read the global warming protest superman comic online is a site dedicated to yaoi manga lol

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Some Guy TT posted:

i just learned that the best resource for trying to read the global warming protest superman comic online is a site dedicated to yaoi manga lol

That doesn't sound right

I did just find out that hoopla has a huge collection of comics, you can filter for kid stuff only (great for my kid to not see hosed up covers) AND it has this neat mode where the focus moves around the page and zooms in on important text and action words as you swipe. The Batman 66 comic is a gigantic hit

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

https://youtu.be/2M8Ks0xiaxM

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
There's this entire information ecosystem that aging boomers believe decides what is culturally relevant that nobody gives a poo poo about anymore.

Morning shows
Late shows
Talk radio
The paper
Best seller lists
Time Magazine person of the year

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Time Magazine person of the year

it was elon musk last year lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Some Guy TT posted:

Why not use tachiyomi?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

why did rowan atkinson never get a shot at 007

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

i say swears online posted:

why did rowan atkinson never get a shot at 007

Johnny English is basically a cooler Bond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Mantis42 posted:

The UK is like 3 percent black, who are they trying to fool? Make Devi Patel the first nonwhite James Bond imo.

No one likes indians.