Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Real screw up by the Royals to take out Di and not Andrew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Peacemaker has an awesome tone and the intro has me absolutely slayed so I’m already into this show 9 minutes in

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Peacemaker has an awesome tone and the intro has me absolutely slayed so I’m already into this show 9 minutes in

John Cena was great in Blockers, so I've been cautiously optimistic after seeing the ads.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I hate the Rock at this point but absolutely love Cena

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I watched Wrath of Khan yesterday

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

a neat cape posted:

I watched Wrath of Khan yesterday

It's good right

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
The opening credits for Peacemaker are insane and amazing. Its a good show so far.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

It's good right

It was okay. I liked First Contact more because I had more of a connection with the TNG cast.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'm listening to the Warcraft 2 OST on Youtube right now and it still slaps, homies

a neat cape posted:

It was okay. I liked First Contact more because I had more of a connection with the TNG cast.

That's fair. I honestly like it more as a submarine movie more than a Star Trek flick. But it's definitely my favorite of the original cast.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Wrath of Khan is the only TOS content I've ever watched. It was good.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Amy Pole Her posted:

I hate the Rock at this point but absolutely love Cena

John Cena is the poster-child for not taking himself seriously. idgaf about wrestling, but he also does a shitload of Make a Wish things, and that's good, too.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I like John Cena and I even sat through that movie vacation friends hung over as poo poo because he was pretty funny in it. I will watch and enjoy this show.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I love Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan the most of all the Trek movies, and I feel that Star Trek: First Contact treads similar ground (as well as taking stuff from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home).

That said, First Contact is still a rewatchable fim to me.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

BlindSite posted:

I like John Cena and I even sat through that movie vacation friends hung over as poo poo because he was pretty funny in it. I will watch and enjoy this show.

Yeah, that's the other one he was in! Without checking IMDB I only remembered Blockers, but you're right, we watched all of Vacation Friends because he kept it entertaining.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Android Apocalypse posted:

All right, let's fess up: name your poo poo band that you used in that time period.

Death Cab for Cutie. For sure.

I just tried to listen to some and it's just too sad bastard. I revisit a lot of the music I listened to at the turn of century and could still enjoy it. I could not do that with Death Cab.

Postal Service still slaps tho.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Jack's Mannequin anyone?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I'm listening to the Warcraft 2 OST on Youtube right now and it still slaps, homies

The realest

https://youtu.be/-mzfnUIdzq4

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

lmao I hope Boris has to resign for his "boozy parties"

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Neil Armbong posted:

Death Cab for Cutie. For sure.

I just tried to listen to some and it's just too sad bastard. I revisit a lot of the music I listened to at the turn of century and could still enjoy it. I could not do that with Death Cab.

Postal Service still slaps tho.

Oh yeah death cab. I remember downloading their first album on Napster and listening to it a million times as a sad teen nerd while I played a billion hours of AoE.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Guze posted:

lmao I hope Boris has to resign for his "boozy parties"

Of all the stupid goddamn things to finally sink the fucker

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Zug zug.

Glow dook

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jan 13, 2022

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
The two headed ogre had the best voice actor but I can’t remember any of the lines. The peons “daabu” is also amazing

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Incredible content

https://twitter.com/RT_com/status/1481629970246025217

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Android Apocalypse posted:

I love Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan the most of all the Trek movies, and I feel that Star Trek: First Contact treads similar ground (as well as taking stuff from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home).

That said, First Contact is still a rewatchable fim to me.

The Wrath of Khan is very, very good, but there are times when the movie's tiny budget (it was produced by Paramount's television division, and they had a deal to sell it to ABC as a movie of the week if the higher-ups weren't liking the dailies) is really, really obvious--Reliant's bridge just being a redress of the Enterprise; Kirk and Khan never actually meeting because they could only afford to have Montalban for a few weeks; re-used footage from The Motion Picture; re-used model from The Motion Picture; Regula One is just the orbital office model from TMP flipped upside-down.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Hacking. . .

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Welp, tested positive for the 'rona. Probably had it for some time.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

I watched the most recent episode of The Book of Boba Fett, and it seems like they really pushed this out the door too quickly. The biker chase scene was really cheap looking and not engaging at all. The fight scene with the wookie made no sense, and the rancor subplot seems rushed and tacked on. I really wish they did a better job on this show, but it's like a discount Mandalorian.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

New Command & Conquer off to a good start!

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Pron on VHS posted:

The two headed ogre had the best voice actor but I can’t remember any of the lines. The peons “daabu” is also amazing

Cho’gall, it is a shame that Blizz was run by Bria who still thought it was the 90s because that was when their best work was done.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Timby posted:

The Wrath of Khan is very, very good, but there are times when the movie's tiny budget (it was produced by Paramount's television division, and they had a deal to sell it to ABC as a movie of the week if the higher-ups weren't liking the dailies) is really, really obvious--Reliant's bridge just being a redress of the Enterprise; Kirk and Khan never actually meeting because they could only afford to have Montalban for a few weeks; re-used footage from The Motion Picture; re-used model from The Motion Picture; Regula One is just the orbital office model from TMP flipped upside-down.

Just noticed you were no longer probated and posting here. Welcome back.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Samadhi posted:

I watched the most recent episode of The Book of Boba Fett, and it seems like they really pushed this out the door too quickly. The biker chase scene was really cheap looking and not engaging at all. The fight scene with the wookie made no sense, and the rancor subplot seems rushed and tacked on. I really wish they did a better job on this show, but it's like a discount Mandalorian.

Robert Rodriguez directed so it’s gonna look cheap. Plus I think the fact a lot of stuff seemed practical for it didn’t help

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Its Rinaldo posted:

Robert Rodriguez directed so it’s gonna look cheap. Plus I think the fact a lot of stuff seemed practical for it didn’t help

Rodriguez only directed two of the seven episodes of the series. They're using the same StageCraft technology as The Mandalorian. And Dean Cundey is one of the directors of photography, it shouldn't look cheap.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

seiferguy posted:

Welp, tested positive for the 'rona. Probably had it for some time.

That's like 4 or 5 itt that's I've seen. poo poo's crazy out there.

Hope you stay good and don't get too sick. If you've had it for a while I assume you probably won't get much worse.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Samadhi posted:

The flashbacks are much more interesting than the present day political intrigue stuff, imo

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Rodriguez pocketed the :20bux: from the budget to fund a reboot of his 10-Minute Cooking Show.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
2 out of 3 Peacemakers - it’s fun as hellllll
1 boba fett - nope. It’s amazing to me how simply a being Star Wars property gives shows / movies a +5 in some folks ratings. It’s horribly boring

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Amy Pole Her posted:

2 out of 3 Peacemakers - it’s fun as hellllll
1 boba fett - nope. It’s amazing to me how simply a being Star Wars property gives shows / movies a +5 in some folks ratings. It’s horribly boring

I think the issue is that there just isn't much to Boba Fett as a character. Prior to this show, what did he ever do?

1) Picked up his father's decapitated head.
2) Followed the Millennium Falcon to Cloud City.
3) Got yeeted into a sand pit by a blind man.

That's it. There's nothing else there.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Game night tonight at the normal time, 7:30 CST

https://discord.gg/2zvEhUgk

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Timby, share with us the tale of your probation and financial adventures.

We were worried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

General Dog posted:

Game night tonight at the normal time, 7:30 CST

https://discord.gg/2zvEhUgk

Can I get an invite link?

Won't be able to make it tonight but would like to try in the future.

The quoted link is invalid on my end.