Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

I mean, if you're already prepared to "call for price" and pay the EAG markup, they get the best cars and I've never heard horror stories about anything from them. So yeah have fun lighting money on fire, it looks like an awesome car.

This yeah, I am sure their cars are all almost collector grade, but man I wish I had the kind of money to not really blink at the EAG premium

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Crunchy Black posted:

That's exactly what I'm saying, though. Vote with your wallet, then. Go buy a e36 and restomod it and make it ride on rails. You're not going to find a new-build BMW that meets your needs, obviously.

Thumbs up to continue down my path of S65 swapping my E91, thanks!

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Crunchy Black posted:

My m2 is loving enormous and annoying and I wouldn't own it had I not come into it as I did, as I've said many times.

Sell it. It’s worth more right now than it ever will be

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Naturally aspirated M cars with V8's and hydraulic steering, now that's a good idea!

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Crunchy Black posted:

My m2 is loving enormous

huh?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Wheelbase : 257 cm or 101.18 inches
Length : 432.5 cm or 170.28 inches
Width : 164.5 cm or 64.76 inches
Height : 138 cm or 54.33 inches

Wheelbase : 269.3 cm or 106.02 inches
Length : 446.1 cm or 175.63 inches
Width : 185.4 cm or 72.99 inches
Height : 141 cm or 55.51 inches

See if you can figure out which is the enormous one and which is the E30

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

The only good steering is on a old nsx. Everyone should just make their steering exactly like that imo

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

EPS is so low on my complaints about modern cars lmao

Have you driven a car with brake by wire?

Are you cool with the fact that sports cars are increasingly being offered without manual transmissions?

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
BMWs electric power steering is really bad though, like worse than the Corolla I rented for a few days until a loaner was available at the dealership

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

rscott posted:

BMWs electric power steering is really bad though, like worse than the Corolla I rented for a few days until a loaner was available at the dealership

I have the adaptive steering, it makes all steering weird, even my own!

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

rscott posted:

This has not been my experience at all with the f80.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

TheBacon posted:

I mean we know the public writ large has terrible taste, this has been evidenced by the ever growing onslaught of SUVs and their sales numbers. You are right that it’s another of the long line of reasons we can’t have nice things though!

Is this a post from 2003?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Ether Frenzy posted:

Wheelbase : 257 cm or 101.18 inches
Length : 432.5 cm or 170.28 inches
Width : 164.5 cm or 64.76 inches
Height : 138 cm or 54.33 inches

Wheelbase : 269.3 cm or 106.02 inches
Length : 446.1 cm or 175.63 inches
Width : 185.4 cm or 72.99 inches
Height : 141 cm or 55.51 inches

See if you can figure out which is the enormous one and which is the E30

If you think 5" long is enormous then text me

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

New thread title.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

fknlo posted:

This has not been my experience at all with the f80.

Maybe they try harder in the M cars but I've had both an X3 and a X1 for loaners in the last 6 months and the steering feel for both of them is completely numb and twitchy as gently caress on top of that

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

rscott posted:

X3 and a X1

I found your problem

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Are you cool with the fact that sports cars are increasingly being offered without manual transmissions?

If I had the money I'd put in an order for an emijra whatever the gently caress it's called

Is this a post from 2003?

Yes

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

I found your problem

BMW sells more X1s and X3s than every M car combined

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

:pervert:Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers:pervert:

TheBacon posted:

If I had the money I'd put in an order for an emijra whatever the gently caress it's called

Better have a dealer nearby. The Phoenix area hasn’t been able to sustain a lotus dealer for the better part of a decade and it makes owning one a royal pain in the rear end.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Pr0kjayhawk posted:

Better have a dealer nearby. The Phoenix area hasn’t been able to sustain a lotus dealer for the better part of a decade and it makes owning one a royal pain in the rear end.

There is one less than 3 miles from my office lmao I just checked, but it is a good point, growing up in the Bay I never really ever considered something wouldn’t be around

I am actually wanting an Elise as the second car (and primary while wagon gets S65’d) but lol those are also too much still

E: hol up, this means you have the guila qv and a lotus? Which one? Because god drat what a loving garage

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

rscott posted:

BMW sells more X1s and X3s than every M car combined

It’s almost as though they are BMW’s Cayenne…

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

thealphabetsez posted:

It’s almost as though they are BMW’s Cayenne…

I’d look at Porsche’s version of the Q7/X7

And then the Taycan Sport Turismo or whatever the wagon version is called these days

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

TheBacon posted:

E: hol up, this means you have the guila qv and a lotus? Which one? Because god drat what a loving garage

06 Exige, just about to hit 10k miles. It’s too nice, I’d like to sell it and pick up one with miles so I can do a bunch of mods but even the high mileage ones are expensive now.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Pr0kjayhawk posted:

06 Exige, just about to hit 10k miles. It’s too nice, I’d like to sell it and pick up one with miles so I can do a bunch of mods but even the high mileage ones are expensive now.

Man that loving owns, but uh, just bite the bullet and put the miles on and gently caress it soon you’ll have a high millage one anyway!

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Pr0kjayhawk posted:

This is me with my S2000. I hadn't planned on selling it but I was gonna pick up a higher mileage one that I would drive more but prices went sideways fast.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

TheBacon posted:

Man that loving owns, but uh, just bite the bullet and put the miles on and gently caress it soon you’ll have a high millage one anyway!

I mean, that's a solid point. There seems to be a $10k range where they all hover, might as well put some miles on it since it probably won't change the value much. Is there a big difference between selling one with 10k miles vs. 12k miles?

fknlo posted:

This is me with my S2000. I hadn't planned on selling it but I was gonna pick up a higher mileage one that I would drive more but prices went sideways fast.

It's crazy out there. My car is worth double what I paid. I was comfortable tracking a car that cost under $40K but once a couple BaT Exiges cleared $75K things changed. So now I have an expensive car that is worth more than I'm comfortable using for track days and probably too valuable to do the mods that I want to do.

In an ideal world I'd find a salvage Elise and get aftermarket Exige clams, do a K24a swap, suspension, and be under $40K. But I don't think that's remotely possible; a salvage flood title Exige just went through auction for over $30K. I think an ND2 with track mods would be fun but every time I drive the Exige I can't imagine owning anything else.

Seems like you can still find decent prices on s2ki, right? Or maybe just accept that S2000s are probably $10K higher across the board.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Lmao

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

TheBacon posted:

There is one less than 3 miles from my office lmao I just checked, but it is a good point, growing up in the Bay I never really ever considered something wouldn’t be around

I am actually wanting an Elise as the second car (and primary while wagon gets S65’d) but lol those are also too much still

Whenever I'm in SF I try to at least drive by that Lotus dealer. For some reason, it just has this very old school feel to it that I really like.

Hopefully Emira reviews start coming out soon. That's a car that seems like it might be pretty interesting for people looking to branch out beyond Caymans.

And there's a Lotus dealer here in Denver. :ohdear:

Which is helpful, because the car will be spending lots of time there.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Residency Evil posted:

Whenever I'm in SF I try to at least drive by that Lotus dealer. For some reason, it just has this very old school feel to it that I really like.

Hopefully Emira reviews start coming out soon. That's a car that seems like it might be pretty interesting for people looking to branch out beyond Caymans.

And there's a Lotus dealer here in Denver. :ohdear:

Which is helpful, because the car will be spending lots of time there.

Heh I am in the Seattle area now, office in Bellevue, that was the uhaul trailering car to the snow from the holidays. The dealer you are talking about is dope though!

Also absolutely go to your dealer :getin:

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

I wonder how much it is to get a M5 CS surely its not more than 10%-20% over MSRP. Lets check onli:ohno:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
The M5 is 15" longer than a gigantic E92 M3, but 34" shorter than a 1979 Lincoln Continental Mark V

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Ah poo poo, this isn't the 'undefined length' thread

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Pr0kjayhawk posted:

I mean, that's a solid point. There seems to be a $10k range where they all hover, might as well put some miles on it since it probably won't change the value much. Is there a big difference between selling one with 10k miles vs. 12k miles?

It's crazy out there. My car is worth double what I paid. I was comfortable tracking a car that cost under $40K but once a couple BaT Exiges cleared $75K things changed. So now I have an expensive car that is worth more than I'm comfortable using for track days and probably too valuable to do the mods that I want to do.

In an ideal world I'd find a salvage Elise and get aftermarket Exige clams, do a K24a swap, suspension, and be under $40K. But I don't think that's remotely possible; a salvage flood title Exige just went through auction for over $30K. I think an ND2 with track mods would be fun but every time I drive the Exige I can't imagine owning anything else.

Seems like you can still find decent prices on s2ki, right? Or maybe just accept that S2000s are probably $10K higher across the board.

loving kswap a MR2 spyder

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

:golfclap:

Pr0kjayhawk posted:

There was a totaled Elise on FB Marketplace for $15k last week out in California somewhere with some spare and aftermarket clams but I can't find the listing now. So it is possible but you might have to wait a while and look at all the marketplaces frequently. I was looking at for a fun small mid engine car this spring and was sad when I discovered you can't touch a base Elise for $40k anymore.

no lube so what posted:

loving kswap a MR2 spyder
This is a good option and one I looked at but even a nice MR2 is 10-12k these days.

But car prices are nuts everywhere and who knows how long they'll hold. I never thought I'd sell the M3 but with what they're going for now I will probably let it go in the next few months. I feel bad that I never got it on track but now between value and parts availability I would be too worried about something going wrong to drive the car how it's meant to be. For now I'm planning on holding onto the M5 because it's just a wonderful car but if someone offered enough I'd let that one go as well.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
I don't have much to add but this got me looking at Elise ads

yellow, supercharged $41k :(

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/seattle-2005-lotus-elise/7432145313.html

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Everyone should get an Emira. I will drive it basically any time it isn't broken down. I don't care about miles on a car.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Got my rears rolled today and no more rubbing or scrapping :) next break in the rain time to detail and get some pics

Elite Taco
Feb 3, 2010
I bought a new tailgate actuator.

p sure I'm going to retrofit a soft-close actuator into my driver door.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
What will this 4k mile E39 M5 go for???

e: at $123,456.00 with 2 days left at time of posting

fknlo fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jan 19, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

fknlo posted: