Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
oh well gently caress me for trying to catch up on this thread on my phone

the grumpiest snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Revins posted:

oh well gently caress me for trying to catch up on this thread on my phone

the grumpiest snipe

Cheer up I bought a squirrel picnic table and it arrived today and I built it and tomorrow hopefully I will get to see squirrels up close.

I got special wildlife corn for it. I’ll fill the top with peanuts and seeds

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

drat there really are testicles on page 715. nice. rated 5.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Cheer up I bought a squirrel picnic table and it arrived today and I built it and tomorrow hopefully I will get to see squirrels up close.

Are you going to eat the squirrels

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Aardvark! posted:

Are you going to eat the squirrels

Well I am from Georgia so

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

drat there really are testicles on page 715. nice. rated 5.

Thank you for your service

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

its called something else when you eat it

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

mever mind its not

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

here check it out

https://www.wildmeat.co.uk/products/squirrel

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Sid Vicious posted:

ground squab

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Aardvark! posted:

ground squab

tree chums

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Waterbed Wendy posted:

This is goddamn adorable

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Haters straight cap, cat in hat...

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Aardvark! posted:

ground squab

thats the word i wanted thabk you

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Have you guys ever watched a 95 year old woman inhale a full liver and onions dinner? It's amazing, she ate a drat cupcake too

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Hell yeah grandma owns

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Sid Vicious posted:

Squssy

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

lol gross

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

This is worse than clussy

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
do any of u other 1000 page thread goons write letters from the bottom to the top? RANDOM Q

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

just A

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Aardvark! posted:

do any of u other 1000 page thread goons write letters from the bottom to the top? RANDOM Q

depends on if i'm writing normally or doing block letters. 110% all the time on block letters

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Aardvark! posted:

I guess I do, now that you mention it. Why do you ask?

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

I had to look this up

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Aardvark! posted:

Only A, N, M, Æ and Å, I think.

How many strokes are in an F - two or three?
(Three, for me - but it feels like starting with an upside-down L shape would have been more efficient)

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Computer viking posted:

Only A, N, M, Æ and Å, I think.

How many strokes are in an F - two or three?
(Three, for me - but it feels like starting with an upside-down L shape would have been more efficient)

Yeah I do it bottom to top directly in to top line so 2 I guess.

The exceptions for me are the same kinda thing with V and W. And also G and L for some reason

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Three lines is apparently the canonical solution in the style of Norwegian handwriting I learned:

Good to know, I guess?

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

And, yes, we talked about letters going up into the attic or down into the basement to describe where to place them on the line. :)

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Aardvark! posted:

huh. never thought about this

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
my handwriting is a mess because I'm ADHD as hell, if I'm writing the way I prefer, I generally use one pen stroke for as many letters as humanly possible, which can be a total mess. it's like free hand cursive

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

bagmonkey posted:

my handwriting is a mess because I'm ADHD as hell, if I'm writing the way I prefer, I generally use one pen stroke for as many letters as humanly possible, which can be a total mess. it's like free hand cursive

Are you me?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I definitely do top to bottom, trying to think of an exception and can't come up with any. Numbers as well.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Zil posted:

Are you me?

no, me're you

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
here's the story of life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcXMq_DvP6M

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
I'm loading my coding

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

bagmonkey posted:

Oh yeah my "notes to myself" handwriting is an absolute mess. The only example I have a photo of at hand is a selection of work passwords and a nice scan of my signature, so no samples. Definitely the same "single stroke letters are good" energy - you don't need to lift the pen for an R or W. (You do for an Æ, though.)

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Big Beef City posted:

I definitely do top to bottom, trying to think of an exception and can't come up with any. Numbers as well.

How do you write an A? / \ - , so you get a little join at the top?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Computer viking posted:

How do you write an A? / \ - , so you get a little join at the top?

Yeah, although I think I maybe confusing myself by over-thinking that particular one because if I were writing quickly/sloppily I could envision starting lower left, forming the peak, coming down the other side then adding the -. But thinking of writing it consciously it'd be / \ -, yea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Beef City posted:

Yeah, although I think I maybe confusing myself by over-thinking that particular one because if I were writing quickly/sloppily I could envision starting lower left, forming the peak, coming down the other side then adding the -. But thinking of writing it consciously it'd be / \ -, yea.

You start with a triangle and compress the bottom line with steam until it reaches a density where it is no longer buoyant, then it just sticks there.