Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Timby posted:

I think the issue is that there just isn't much to Boba Fett as a character. Prior to this show, what did he ever do?

1) Picked up his father's decapitated head.
2) Followed the Millennium Falcon to Cloud City.
3) Got yeeted into a sand pit by a blind man.

That's it. There's nothing else there.

now if the show was about Dengar and Bossk, then there'd be some meat on the bones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Can I get an invite link?

Won't be able to make it tonight but would like to try in the future.

The quoted link is invalid on my end.

I think it should follow as an invite link. Is it dead for anyone else?

Here’s another: https://discord.gg/2zvEhUgk

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The issue with Boba Fett is that his one single line in Empire Strikes Back establishes him as a ruthless killer who cares about money above all else. In the first episode he's suddenly all about honor, or some poo poo.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Andrew had been stripped of all his royal titles and privileges. My guess is the crown’s lawyers just received a batch of discovery.

Andrew is a sacrificial lamb the royal family is serving up so Brits will ignore all the horrible poo poo everyone else has done. I don't think anyone other than Andrew is definitely a pedophile (though I wouldn't rule it out) but almost all of them have done horrible poo poo on a comparable scale.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Play posted:

That's like 4 or 5 itt that's I've seen. poo poo's crazy out there.

Hope you stay good and don't get too sick. If you've had it for a while I assume you probably won't get much worse.

Yeah, I'm assuming it's not getting any worse. Right now it's just an annoying persistent cough. They've become "productive" coughs recently so I'm hoping that means I'm on the mend.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

General Dog posted:

I think it should follow as an invite link. Is it dead for anyone else?

Here’s another: https://discord.gg/2zvEhUgk

That did the trick! Thank you!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Andrew is a sacrificial lamb the royal family is serving up so Brits will ignore all the horrible poo poo everyone else has done. I don't think anyone other than Andrew is definitely a pedophile (though I wouldn't rule it out) but almost all of them have done horrible poo poo on a comparable scale.

The royal families powerful public relations arm shut down stories about him for years and he then ignored their advice and the advice of his private PR person and did the disastrous interview.

He gave them no choice but to strip him of his titles.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Peacemaker is the exact perfect amount of stupid. Very well done.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Alaois posted:

now if the show was about Dengar and Bossk, then there'd be some meat on the bones

That mummy gently caress!

seiferguy posted:

The issue with Boba Fett is that his one single line in Empire Strikes Back establishes him as a ruthless killer who cares about money above all else. In the first episode he's suddenly all about honor, or some poo poo.

Getting eaten by the Sarlaac makes you think about your life choices

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

seiferguy posted:

I assume the flashbacks, where he’s stripped of his armor and goes through one humbling experience after the other, is supposed to bridge the gap between who he is in the movies and who he is when he’s reintroduced in The Mandalorian. The show just isn’t very compelling so far, though.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

General Dog posted:

I assume the flashbacks, where he’s stripped of his armor and goes through one humbling experience after the other, is supposed to bridge the gap between who he is in the movies and who he is when he’s reintroduced in The Mandalorian. The show just isn’t very compelling so far, though.

I'm hoping now that the mob war is starting things will pick up

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1481489984079159299

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Hank Hill approves

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

She looks exactly like the kind of person who would call the police on her neighbor's unkempt lawn.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Pron on VHS posted:

Hank Hill approves

Hank would go mow that person's lawn for the honor of it.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Why would anybody do drugs when you could just mow a lawn

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

seiferguy posted:

Welp, tested positive for the 'rona. Probably had it for some time.

I’m sorry seifer, that’s terrible.

How are you holding up?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Oh hey he’s not white what a crazy coincidence

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

lol go gently caress yourself Biden-Harris

https://twitter.com/VINNews/status/1481703957546291206?s=20

It's pretty remarkable that they are somehow handling as badly as the "CAN WE HIT THE BODY WITH LIGHT AND BLEACH" Trump administration, but here we are.

seiferguy posted:

Welp, tested positive for the 'rona. Probably had it for some time.

Ah poo poo, how are you feeling?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Florida has totally desensitized me, because so many folks here in PBC seem to have tested positive and show absolutely no symptoms.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Florida has totally desensitized me, because so many folks here in PBC seem to have tested positive and show absolutely no symptoms.

I think most folks are numb to it because, unless you live with someone who is profoundly ill or work in healthcare, you don't see people dropping in the street or piles of burned corpses outside hospitals like in the movies.

People are calling 911 when their oxygen sats are low and they're uncomfortable, they're going to the ED, slowly deteriorating from hypoxia, requiring a vent and then the odds get really, really slim.

Our local Level I is a public university hospital, and is usually pretty crowded because it's a teaching hospital and has the deepest charitable write-off coffers. Generally, it is crowded but they can handle their patient loads when other for-profit hospitals are running the thinnest of margins. They are currently drowning in a staffing shortage with hallways full of beds and an overflowing waiting room. I'm dropping off opiate overdoses just post respiratory arrest and chest pain pts with IV/ASA/NTG on-board in the waiting room because there are no rooms and they're boarding admits all over the place. I'll hassle the charge nurse about it and they're just like lol what do you want me to do, there are no rooms.

It's an eye opener when you're on the ground and you've been delivering patients to this hospital for 12 years...even on the worst of full moon halloween nights I have never seen it like this.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

drat. This old PC gaming talk brought back the most vague memory of what I think was a flight combat game that didn't run well until I got a Voodoo2 graphics card (my only wait-in-line Black Friday purchase ever).

I can't remember nearly enough to even describe it other than it was dark/set at night and was futuristic. Funny how that came back to me.

I figured out what this game was! Its was Hellbender. I looked up games similar to Terminal Velocity since I remembered playing that instead since it ran smoother.

I found a video of it and woof. It does not hold up :v:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Dango Bango posted:

I figured out what this game was! Its was Hellbender. I looked up games similar to Terminal Velocity since I remembered playing that instead since it ran smoother.

I found a video of it and woof. It does not hold up :v:

Yeah, I remember being blown away by the graphics on Need for Speed 2 on PC and seeing it on youtube now is pretty loving hilarious.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

LeeMajors posted:

Yeah, I remember being blown away by the graphics on Need for Speed 2 on PC and seeing it on youtube now is pretty loving hilarious.

I had Need for Speed 2 for the PlayStation and it was amazing just how much of a step down from the first game it was. It was nigh-unplayable due to an atrocious frame rate, and the car handling was beyond terrible.

And then Hot Pursuit came out on PlayStation a year later and all was right in the world.

Timby fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jan 14, 2022

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

General Dog posted:

Yeah that kind of "prodigal son" story telling where the protagonist starts out as whatever - goes through changes only to realise at the end he needs to get back to his roots kind of deal is kind of dime a dozen in a lot of properties and it's not like the Mandalorian broke the mould in terms of story telling either.

I wouldn't be surprised if their whole arc for him this season is him becoming kind of weak and ineffective because he learned lessons only for him to devolve back into a lone gun ruthless bounty hunter by the end tbh.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Thaddius the Large posted:

Oh hey he’s not white what a crazy coincidence

Yeah I saw his name and the light bulb went on

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

lmao this is literally how they build the baseline regs for weed in most states. first the idiot lawmakers debate on it while knowing gently caress all about it then they pass it to their hand picked regulators to add onto it while telling them their careers are doomed if a kid ever gets ahold of any weed. its totally absurd

when i used to work with regulators we'd sit in meetings where they'd debate exactly how much weed a medical patient needs and they acted like we were nuts for suggesting they actually ask some medical patients or at least talk to other states that were further along to get real world data

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

I’m sorry seifer, that’s terrible.

How are you holding up?

LeeMajors posted:

I'm doing okay. Haven't lost my sense of taste, thankfully (kind of lost my sense of smell, similar to when your nose is congested during a cold). Mainly it's just been a cough. Not sure what else to do to help get over it besides drinking lots of fluids, doing a neti pot, having a humidifier in my bedroom, and whatnot. I haven't had shortness of breath and have been able to work out a couple of times this week. If there's... things I can do besides waiting it out, I'm all ears.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Timby, share with us the tale of your probation and financial adventures.

We were worried.

We both got skipped lol

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

seiferguy posted:

I'm doing okay. Haven't lost my sense of taste, thankfully (kind of lost my sense of smell, similar to when your nose is congested during a cold). Mainly it's just been a cough. Not sure what else to do to help get over it besides drinking lots of fluids, doing a neti pot, having a humidifier in my bedroom, and whatnot. I haven't had shortness of breath and have been able to work out a couple of times this week. If there's... things I can do besides waiting it out, I'm all ears.

Nah, sounds very similar to my experience. Mine felt literally like a moderately bad sinus infection. I had a bad headache on day one with sinus sx, then the sinuses got really bad day 2 with a lot of facial pain ear-to-ear and through all my top teeth.

That was about it. What prompted me to get tested was this odd pain I had with my second shot and my booster where I had like dull aching myalgia in my pelvic floor when I would pee--and it was unique in my entire life to the 18hrs after those two shots. I experienced that starting on day 2 along with some fatigue--got the test and popped positive.

I used some neosynephrine nasal spray so I could sleep, used the neti pot a lot, took some ibuprofen for intermittent headaches and isolated in our guest bedroom. I drank gallons of water, ate chicken soup and slammed a lot of pedialyte. I played like 40hrs of RDR2 and Hades, took some of my online classes for flight medic, and watched a billion fly fishing videos since I'm going to try and start learning that this spring.

Weird couple of weeks. I'm glad all is relatively well and I hope you feel better soon.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

lol Hamtramck Judge indeed

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
My partner's teaching remote at least through next Friday because Seattle Public Schools refuses to call a district wide return to remote learning so each individual school basically is making the call depending on the number of staff and students out. Surprise! Most of the schools cancelling or temporarily going remote are all in the south end. Also people are predictably being super lovely about it.

Meanwhile my agency still hasn't reposted the position I applied for and I'm starting to think our regional headquarters decided to reallocate it somewhere else.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

LeeMajors posted:

lol go gently caress yourself Biden-Harris

https://twitter.com/VINNews/status/1481703957546291206?s=20

It's pretty remarkable that they are somehow handling as badly as the "CAN WE HIT THE BODY WITH LIGHT AND BLEACH" Trump administration, but here we are.

This is particularly hilarious in the context of the parallel? plan to buy 1M at-home tests and just ship them to people. The USPS is ostensibly spinning up a bunch of fulfillment centers and hiring temps to do that.

https://www.npr.org/2022/01/13/1072730868/biden-announces-plans-to-buy-500-million-more-covid-tests-and-to-offer-free-mask

I would have gone with that answer.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Qwijib0 posted:

This is particularly hilarious in the context of the parallel? plan to buy 1M at-home tests and just ship them to people. The USPS is ostensibly spinning up a bunch of fulfillment centers and hiring temps to do that.

https://www.npr.org/2022/01/13/1072730868/biden-announces-plans-to-buy-500-million-more-covid-tests-and-to-offer-free-mask

I would have gone with that answer.

It's even more hilarious in this context:

https://twitter.com/VP/status/1259889852876820481?s=20

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Didn't a bunch of house reps suggest that monthly check idea too?

2k a month for the whole pandemic is like 14.5 trillion at this point

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It's kind of incredible that Biden won the white house in large part on how badly Trump handled the pandemic and is arguably doing worse

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Running for office: "I need to help these people so they vote for me!"
In office: "gently caress 'em!"

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

There was that brief period last summer where case rates got pretty low and the ol' delta came along said said lol. lmao.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I understand that there are added difficulties involved with the variants, it's more about the eye rolling sarcastic bullshit they're putting out there like the ice cream and kittens comment or telling people to google testing kits

e: say what you will about Trump but he legitimately believed he could help people by injecting sunlight and bleach into them :v:

also as someone who lives in a city that's both a commuter city and in Texas this would lead to so many road rage murders

https://twitter.com/modacitylife/status/1481967960952553478

Intruder fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jan 14, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Wife and I have been watching Baba Feet and I think the big problems are in the character himself.

First, he sucks as a crime boss. He doesn't seem to have any plans, doesn't delegate to any of his henchpersons, and just kinda wanders around until a plot point happens. He's constantly caught off guard by whatever rivals are doing.

Second, as portrayed, he sucks as a badass bounty hunter. Better than half the time he's in a fight he's getting his rear end kicked. Three episodes in and he's already been owned by the Tuskens, the assassins that attacked him on the street and a giant-rear end wookie that caught him unawares. The actor has this middle-aged "played high school football but works at a hardware store now" dad bod and zero charisma.

I think it could have worked if they had Boba Fett as more of a shadowy background figure and focus on the crew that's been built around him. Part of why the character got so popular was there was so little known about him that you could imagine just about anything.