Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Coldrice posted:

yer livin' it

bah dah bah bah bah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Substandard posted:

Anyone know of a place to buy a 3m exhalation valve filter 604 (for the 6000 series respirators) where I can buy one of them and not have to pay a bunch for shipping? I tried looking at homedepot / lowes / menards with no luck, and the best place online I've found is rshughes.com which sells them individually for like $9 but wants $10 for shipping. Everywhere else you have to buy a pack of 6, which I have no need for.

I can always just continue to put a cloth mask over it when I use the respirator until I need other stuff, but I just thought I'd check to see if there was some better place.

i used the site you mentioned but shipping wasn't that terrible; they're nearly local to me though

tbf they havent shipped it yet, although the 7093s i ordered at the same time got here in like 2 days

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Got some 3M auras. They're actually a bit less comfortable than my old regular 3M N95's. I'm starting to think I have an unusually shaped face. I do have a Roman nose, after all.

It's roamin' all over his face, JR! HAH!

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Pingui posted:

In that case you can always go out and get COVID again. Google "COVID near me".

Good point. This is what I found:

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

Asproigerosis posted:

I think I figured out why I find y'all in this thread freaking out about having a close contact exposure to covid to be off-putting and in need of therapy.

this is an emergency room, much like the one at my hospital. A nursing 'core' with hallway stretchers and patient rooms opposite the core. Whenever I have to unfortunately go down there, I often see nurses in the core take down their mask, eating/drinking, etc. Except imagine in those stretchers a bunch of ams meemaws that will bite you if you try to put a mask on them and also they have covid and also there are no plastic dividers it's just all open air. Nurses and doctors just sitting there mask off 5 feet from covid patients playing with their own poop.

The quarantine and daily rapid tests because someone in the same building as you had covid a week ago tends to come off as ... excessive.

I hear you. I've intubated over 30 patients specifically for covid and dealt with many others who have had active infections. I've never been tested for covid, other than some antibody tests early on to see if I'd gotten an asymptomatic case in the very beginning of the pandemic (which was negative).

If you've got a respirator on, there's basically no such thing as an exposure.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

"What if they only have a flip phone/landline and no PC?"

"GOOGLE!"

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.

notably does not help uninsured or Medicare which is a little over 90 million people.

https://qz.com/2111769/at-home-covid-tests-wont-be-covered-by-medicare/

far too little, way too late.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Lawlicaust posted:

gently caress, the rapist with dementia is more competent than her. She cant even say their bullshit convincingly.

meritocracy is a mental illness

they're all poorly qualified in one big circlejerk club

Kamala was chosen to spite the mass movement against police brutality and to weaponize ID pol against criticism of the carceral state, nothing more. Covid was supposed to be a side show that neatly wrapped up for their brownie points going into the midterms, but it didn't and they can't solve it without directly going against capital.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Pingui posted:

In that case you can always go out and get COVID again. Google "COVID near me".

I did this and it just opened Google Earth??

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
OK well if anyone has kaiser - you can get RAT s by just saying you feel sick and want a test on their website. I drove there and grabbed it from the closest kaiser office. It's a quidel quickvue

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Kamala is even more infuriating because she always seems very smug while serving up the bullshit. Like she doesn't even expect anyone to believe it.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Murdoch media doesn't have our best interests at heart?!

https://twitter.com/Raf_Epstein/status/1481761083228827648?t=7JwEP-3eZ_vAimTOXOPRDw&s=19

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k

Asproigerosis posted:

I think I figured out why I find y'all in this thread freaking out about having a close contact exposure to covid to be off-putting and in need of therapy.

this is an emergency room, much like the one at my hospital. A nursing 'core' with hallway stretchers and patient rooms opposite the core. Whenever I have to unfortunately go down there, I often see nurses in the core take down their mask, eating/drinking, etc. Except imagine in those stretchers a bunch of ams meemaws that will bite you if you try to put a mask on them and also they have covid and also there are no plastic dividers it's just all open air. Nurses and doctors just sitting there mask off 5 feet from covid patients playing with their own poop.

The quarantine and daily rapid tests because someone in the same building as you had covid a week ago tends to come off as ... excessive.

crab bucket mentality

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Horseshoe theory posted:

"What if they only have a flip phone/landline and no PC?"

"GOOGLE!"

not having reliable access to the internet counts as 4 comorbidities at once and therefore those people do not matter and in fact their deaths are a relief

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Substandard posted:

Kamala is even more infuriating because she always seems very smug while serving up the bullshit. Like she doesn't even expect anyone to believe it.

shes wasting everybody's fucken time

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

fits my needs posted:

wow that’s a lot of ice cream for our healthcare heroes

lol

Doctor
Jul 22, 2005

GO TO YOUR ROOM!
god is covid over yet. sometimes when I wake up there's a few minutes before I become fully cognizant and remember we live in hell and now I live for these moments alone

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
why do people even *want* to post in the bad thread? every single page is like at least 20-30% complaining about moderation or people getting probed because they can't stop being aggro as poo poo

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Kylaer posted:

I hear you. I've intubated over 30 patients specifically for covid and dealt with many others who have had active infections. I've never been tested for covid, other than some antibody tests early on to see if I'd gotten an asymptomatic case in the very beginning of the pandemic (which was negative).

If you've got a respirator on, there's basically no such thing as an exposure.

last week when I was scanning an intubated icu covid patient, the nurse, cna, and respiratory therapist all came down not wearing a gown or other extra ppe. I honestly don't recall if they were all even wearing an n95 and not just a surgical mask. The nurse didn't even put gloves on when handling the patient on and off the table. Health care workers that don't put on gloves before patient contact skeeve the gently caress out of me. Granted covid is more airborne risk than droplet fomite, but just in general all the loving infectious diseases crawling all over the patient and everything they touch and you just dive in bare hands to lift them without even knowing if they are laying on a fresh layer of cdiff.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

https://twitter.com/KamalaHarris/status/1155305122911723526?s=20

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Odonata posted:

Blessed art thou, mighty 3M. Deliver us this day from the omicron hordes!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Doctor posted:

god is covid over yet. sometimes when I wake up there's a few minutes before I become fully cognizant and remember we live in hell and now I live for these moments alone

Completely over down under mate

https://twitter.com/DrZoeHyde/status/1481681371873841158?t=hFzdS_DrMLcBvZHVqbAOLw&s=19

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021
I hope genomic sequencing will still be published after we stop counting cases. It would suck not to know when the next Mystery Variant shows up.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Asproigerosis posted:

I think I figured out why I find y'all in this thread freaking out about having a close contact exposure to covid to be off-putting and in need of therapy

Freaking out in this thread is therapy.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
Missouri sent me a free rapid test! The government cares!

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Jabronie posted:

notably does not help uninsured or Medicare which is a little over 90 million people.

https://qz.com/2111769/at-home-covid-tests-wont-be-covered-by-medicare/

far too little, way too late.

LOL my god, that is the worst possible answer. THE WORST POSSIBLE ANSWER. Providing a medical service that excludes medicare is like campaigning on slashing social security... or medicare.

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

kreeningsons posted:

enhanced this even though it doesn't really need to be

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

Asproigerosis posted:

last week when I was scanning an intubated icu covid patient, the nurse, cna, and respiratory therapist all came down not wearing a gown or other extra ppe. I honestly don't recall if they were all even wearing an n95 and not just a surgical mask. The nurse didn't even put gloves on when handling the patient on and off the table. Health care workers that don't put on gloves before patient contact skeeve the gently caress out of me. Granted covid is more airborne risk than droplet fomite, but just in general all the loving infectious diseases crawling all over the patient and everything they touch and you just dive in bare hands to lift them without even knowing if they are laying on a fresh layer of cdiff.

You're never supposed to wear gowns in the hallways :hmmrona:

Not putting gloves on though is very bad practice.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ragaduffin posted:

thinkin about 2 panel version of this...with respirator + "Yes"

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

if you're going to make promises that you have absolutely no intention whatsoever of following up on why not make them actual good promises instead of the weakest poo poo in the entire universe lol

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

she misspelled "neighbors".

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
GIMME CRUEL GIMME DIRE GIMME DINING I REQUIRE, OOH

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Hahahaha what did they think would happen

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

kreeningsons posted:

It did need to improve, perfection

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

empty whippet box posted:

if you're going to make promises that you have absolutely no intention whatsoever of following up on why not make them actual good promises instead of the weakest poo poo in the entire universe lol

bc they were written by this guy

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

empty whippet box posted:

why do people even *want* to post in the bad thread? every single page is like at least 20-30% complaining about moderation or people getting probed because they can't stop being aggro as poo poo

I avoid posting in the bad thread but I think there is probably some catharsis in loses it on the bad thread because their opinions are functionality identical to the administration and media.

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007

Yesssssss :omarcomin:

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

kreeningsons posted:

Amazing

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Kylaer posted:

You're never supposed to wear gowns in the hallways :hmmrona:

Not putting gloves on though is very bad practice.

I don't care what JC says, I'm wearing full ppe for a full isolation risk patient in a hallway. Like what the gently caress are you supposed to do if they code mid transport in the hallway and you aren't locked and loaded in ppe? If that's a problem, maybe the patient shouldn't be leaving isolation for a wrist MRI!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLK Ultra
Mar 9, 2021

I shaved my head around Nov of 2020. Wife did it. Suggested I not razor it down because between the Adderall and anxiety, it hasn't been great for my scalp and my necessity to pull split hairs. Did it anyway because - well, did it anyway.

Looked... not bad. Finally looked my age, that was sort of nice. Light facial hair groomed around where my mask went: gently caress, almost looked normal.

Grew it back out but the point I'm getting to here is that one thing I didn't know before the pandemic is that I give good haircuts. It was like May of '20 and my wife had started a new corporate job (wfh) a few months earlier. I grew up with hair a little past my shoulders. Layering isn't that hard if you pay attention to the regions.

Anyhow. I just got done giving her a haircut. Neither of us feel great. My temp was 96.1, no liquids 15 before but. Whatever. We've got like 15 packs total of iHealth so. Hot date night: Whatever looks good on IP, liquids and a Couples Rapid Test.

Anyhow, if you think you might have the attentive nature to do it: You can give yourself a real solid haircut.