Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

keep punching joe posted:

It was tapas size portions and split with my partner, but still a mighty amount for a wee guy.

Ah fair. There was an "Indian Tapas" place near me when I lived in Milton Keynes. I held off going for ages because the concept seemed ridiculous, but it turned out they made *incredible* food (and it was just served in a sligthly different "style" to usual and they had more in the way of like, dry stuff that were more like nibbles alongside curries and stuff).

E: Well that's a poo poo pagesnipe.

61: The number of parties it will eventually be revealed Boris Johnson has attended during lockdown.

Also, have my cat being cute I guess.

https://twitter.com/WhatEvil/status/1481756289655091205?s=20

WhatEvil fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jan 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/FT/status/1480939293380071427

You should all say sorry to me as ever I'm right about everything.

i've been saying everything is an op for a while now but 10% of me was joking and that 10% was happy

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

smellmycheese posted:

Well there we go. One of the Brexit Boot Boys has called for him to go. Fascinating. I think they fancy their chances of getting Baker in

https://twitter.com/ABridgen/status/1481744603162329091

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
number 10 sounds like a right hoot.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I've not had a proper work piss up in nearly two years now, clearly I'm in the wrong job.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think personally that it may be a bit late for a "dignified exit from politics" even if I could expect him not to wander out of number 10 at 1.30 in the afternoon half cut with his dick out.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

BBC have just posted a front page story about it all

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59989946

quote:

No 10 have not denied the events took place on 16 April 2021.

However, they did confirm Boris Johnson's former director of communications, James Slack, "gave a farewell speech" to thank colleagues ahead of taking up a new role as deputy editor of The Sun newspaper.

Mr Johnson was not at either gathering as he was spending the weekend at his country estate, Chequers.

I'm waiting for photos of boozy parties at Chequers to start leaking...

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Bobby Deluxe posted:

The Viscount of Pangaea.

As a Viscount is a subordinate title (literally "vice-count" - do your own Andrew jokes), normally of a subdivision of a county/duchy/earldom, you have to wonder who the boss of the Viscount of Pangaea is and what other lands they hold.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Wessex is good, bring back the Heptarchy, I want a wyvern flag.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

goddamnedtwisto posted:

As a Viscount is a subordinate title (literally "vice-count" - do your own Andrew jokes), normally of a subdivision of a county/duchy/earldom, you have to wonder who the boss of the Viscount of Pangaea is and what other lands they hold.

First sea lord, obviously.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

Technically I believe this is also true of the mills bomb, they are intended to be used from behind an object, with a mills bomb this can conceivably be just about anything thicker than plywood, with a nuclear weapon you should probably at least find a decent berm.

Or a tank, that woud probably work.

A tank - at least of the era - would be a *terrible* idea as the iron in the steel armour would be activated by the neutrons from the radiation, flooding the interior with gamma rays. This was the whole point of the Davy Crockett - the explosive yield was *tiny*, only about 20T (which would definitely change your plans for dinner if it went off next to you, but really won't cause much damage beyond 100m or so), but if detonated over a tank column coming through the Fulda Gap it would turn every one of the crews into extra-hot jerky. This was actually a bit of a surprise to the weapons designers who were trying to miniaturise nukes as much as possible and what then led to the Dead Kennedys-approve neutron bomb idea.

More modern armour would fare slightly better - ceramic armour doesn't do much to *stop* the neutrons but it at least doesn't release as many gamma rays, and alloying the underlying steel with boron will harmlessly absorb a lot that make it through - but like I said, you want water (or dirt), and lots of it between you and the detonation, so a hill or a trench would be ideal, and if not just lay down on your front with your feet towards the blast (yes, your legs will probably fall off from radiation damage in a few days but better that than your heart or brain).

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Wessex always seems a completely sensible and underused subdivision of England so I think this was a good thing

You can have Wessex back when we can also rename Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire Nosex to complete the set.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

goddamnedtwisto posted:

yes, your legs will probably fall off from radiation damage in a few days but better that than your heart or brain
lest you end up as Home Secretary :ohdear:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

stev posted:

I've not had a proper work piss up in nearly two years now, clearly I'm in the wrong job.

TBH sounds like you're in the right job, nothing worse than a "work do". Going out for a drink with people you like and happen to work with is fine, but gently caress me I hate the enforced fun of the work do.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I will not tolerate Boris being gone. He is the greatest Briton alive. He will stay on, he will get through this, just wait and see.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

goddamnedtwisto posted:

TBH sounds like you're in the right job, nothing worse than a "work do". Going out for a drink with people you like and happen to work with is fine, but gently caress me I hate the enforced fun of the work do.

The only plus of the long rear end commute for my last job was I had a ready made excuse for avoiding work dos without seeming rude & standoffish (which I am, but you don't want other people knowing that).

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Weekend at Bojo's **
ITV4 22:25-00:15
2022, 15, Comedy/Drama

Anarchic modern reinterpretation of 80's hit “Weekend at Bernie's”. Two hapless political advisers must keep their non-stop party marathon on the rails after finding their boss, the Prime Minister, completely unable to see or hear anything. Hijinks ensue as the stakes are raised and even the Queen begins to takes an interest! Feature scenes of sexual penetration and mass graves which some viewers may find distressing.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/stavvers/status/1481762529294618627

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
My local TOC has had a look at the number of passengers on its' routes and decided to take an axe to the number of services. But in true TOC fashion, they've apparently decided not to bother with actually looking at the data to make informed decisions about which services to cut.
So my usual early morning train is now one of several plague carts, because the usual cunts can't be bothered wearing face masks and apparently my TOC were unaware that every train between 5:30 and 7:00 was reasonably full anyway.

In that respect, I suppose it's just as well they're running 38-year old rolling stock, since these trains are so completely knackered that you don't even need to have the windows open to get fresh air, given the number of holes in the chassis.
There's also - for those of you wondering - no evidence that they're sending cleaning crews onto the trains between legs, because who even cares about this whole corvid thing anyway?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I care about corvids, sometimes at work I go in early and sit in the car park with them and they yell at me and I feed them sushi.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/stavvers/status/1481762529294618627

E: lol beaten

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
lol andy took his expensive lawyer with him to meet his mum but she made him sit in the car whilst she fired him

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
James Slack left for a job at The Sun? Oh gosh I wonder why the (print) media hasn't been keen to report on the many millions of parties. The most difficult part of Johnson leaving No.10 will be trying to find a replacement who wasn't at one of them or didn't know about them. Who honestly believes that ther is a single Tory MP who didn't know that hundreds of people attended dozens of parties? But if anything does for Boris, it'll be the photo of the Queen sitting alone at the funeral. People who don't give a toss about strangers dying alone in a hospital where the staff had to wear bin bags bloody love the Queen.

Nuclear chat: the threat isn't from warheads, it is and always has been from improperly handled civilian nuclear waste. In the last 40 years there's been an impressive number of hospitals killing patients by miscalibrating radiation therapy equipment and then disposing of said radioactive equipment by using it to build roads and houses.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

it’s gonna take more than this to get me to like boris

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Lady Demelza posted:

But if anything does for Boris, it'll be the photo of the Queen sitting alone at the funeral

100% this. But saying that, Boris should have resigned a long time ago, and he hasn't. He has no shame, and everything to gain by retaining power. He has no qualms about removing the whips off of anyone, even old Tory grandees, for daring to defy him, so I can easily see him ejecting the loudest voices from the 1922 committee. And to be honest, I wouldn't put it past him to attempt to pull some Reichstag event and implement some of the dormant emergency security laws to cling onto power.

He really has no shame, and no moral compass, but has the ego the size of a planet and the emotional maturity of his son Wilfred.

I don't expect this war to be over soon.

https://twitter.com/af16051107/status/1481716873939070976

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jan 14, 2022

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

fuctifino posted:

100% this. But saying that, Boris should have resigned a long time ago, and he hasn't. He has no shame, and everything to gain by retaining power. He has no qualms about removing the whips off of anyone, even old Tory grandees, for daring to defy him, so I can easily see him ejecting the loudest voices from the 1922 committee. And to be honest, I wouldn't put it past him to attempt to pull some Reichstag event and implement some of the dormant emergency security laws to cling onto power.

He really has no shame, and no moral compass, but has the ego the size of a planet and the emotional maturity of his son Wilfred.

I don't expect this war to be over soon.

https://twitter.com/af16051107/status/1481716873939070976

Totally agree. I think the longer he clings in the worse it is for the Tories though

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

therattle posted:

Totally agree. I think the longer he clings in the worse it is for the Tories though

Let's hope he clings on for a good while then, eh? ;)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Got to strike while the iron is hot

Time for Bojo to announce a May
general election

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Boris will not resign. And why would Tories vote against him for doing the same thing they'd long to? The polls show the scandals aren't denting party loyalty in the slightest (if a recent poll shows it I'll concede this point instantly as I just haven't checked them prior to posting).

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Boris will not resign. And why would Tories vote against him for doing the same thing they'd long to? The polls show the scandals aren't denting party loyalty in the slightest (if a recent poll shows it I'll concede this point instantly as I just haven't checked them prior to posting).

I think it's actually quite consistent at the moment that the tories are polling absolutely dogshit and they did just eat poo poo in the last byelection too.

If they don't get rid of boris I think they would probably lose the next election, the sooner they can get rid of him and try to find someone to give the impression of a clean slate for the party, the better for them.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

https://twitter.com/BalancePowerUK/status/1481599795974258696

https://twitter.com/BalancePowerUK/status/1481392589727318016

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
The Tories def will turn on Boris.
They will go 'Boris Bungled Brexit' and install someone who will do the exact loving same, or crazy enough to trigger Article 16.
Covid delayed Boris getting ousted, if the brexit figures were the only thing being reported on he would be simpering on GB News now or lobbying for a Russian company.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Worth noting that in both those polls, the Tory voters that Keith is busily courting aren't moving to him - they're staying home. Labour's tiny gains come from slightly less disillusioned people who are thinking that at least Starmer can't be worse than the Tories (they are wrong; Starmer is a Tory) and coming back now they sense blood in the water. If a snap election were to be called Labour couldn't possibly win it, but the Tories might lose it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If the tory voters stop voting for them then labour's vote share would increase even if nobody extra voted for them.

haakman
May 5, 2011
lmao they had a loving DJ at one of the parties.

My dad died in June 2020 of a combo double punch of rona and being an alcoholic with all that entails and yet I find this party stuff deeply, deeply hilarious. I am that psychiatrist good things bad things tweet.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

haakman posted:

lmao they had a loving DJ at one of the parties.

It was PM's sister, Doris Johnson. Dojo.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/munyachawawa/status/1481698279112990731

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Polling companies should be legally forced to put not intending to vote/none of the above numbers as actual parties in their headlines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Hopefully with the dissolution of the monarchy, England as a territorial entity, the established church, the house of lords, and haribo goldbears.

e: polling companies too