Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
HM: JD Drake vs. Orange Cassidy, AEW Dark, 01/11/22

HM: Eddie Kingston vs Joey Janela, AEW Dark, 01/11/22

HM: Dark Order's 5 & 10 and Hangman Page vs. Matt Hardy, Isiah Kassidy, and Serpentico, AEW Dark, 01/11/22

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

graph posted:

HM: JD Drake vs. Orange Cassidy, AEW Dark, 01/11/22

HM: Daniel Garcia vs. Fuego Del Sol, AEW Dark, 01/11/22

HM: Jurassic Express vs. QT Marshall & Nick Comorato, AEW Dark, 01/11/22

HM: Dark Order's 5 & 10 and Hangman Page vs. Matt Hardy, Isiah Kassidy, and Serpentico, AEW Dark, 01/11/22

Nth to all of these, everyone showed up for this Dark.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
5th January
Wrestle Kingdom 16 Night 2
IWGP US Heavyweight Title
KENTA vs Hiroshi Tanahashi

I kind of hated this. Like, it was good but it was uncomfortable & I say that as someone who is happy as Larry watching deathmatches with real loving sickos. But there, they seem to know what they are doing & here...there's a reason any time you see a ladder on a puro show one of the ring attendants (or more than one) will jump in to hold the ladder, because that poo poo is scary. And there's Tana just shaking a ladder that looks like it could replace the lights in the roof of the Tokyo Dome. I dunno, I just couldn't get into it because I was filled with the wrong sense of discomfort while watching it. It was still a good plunder match & while I think New Japan aren't great at doing those (they tend to end up falling into a formula that I don't love), I dunno. It's hard to put my thoughts on this into words other than "I am conflicted".

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
5th January
Wrestle Kingdom 16 Night 2
IWGP World Heavyweight Title
Kazuchika Okada vs Will Ospreay

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
HM: Sammy Guevara vs. Daniel Garcia, AEW Dynamite, interim TNT Championship match, 01/12/22

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

graph posted:

HM: Sammy Guevara vs. Daniel Garcia, AEW Dynamite, interim TNT Championship match, 01/12/22

2nd, I liked this one quite a bit on an otherwise dire show.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

graph posted:

Nth. Garcia delivered big time in a big spot.

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
HM: Powerhouse Hobbs vs Dante Martin, AEW Dynamite, 01/12 Ricky Starks - best corner man in the business

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragon Gate's Open the New Year Gate at Korakuen Hall, Night 1, 1/12

MOTYC: Open the Triangle Gate Championship - Masquerade (Shun Skywalker, Kota Minoura, Jason Lee) vs. R.E.D. (Eita, Kaito Ishida, HYO)

I don't know if I should be even nominating this match because it was in no way an amazing blow away workrate classic, but drat I know at the end of the year I'll still probably be thinking about it more than many others I'm going to see. A complete trainwreck (deliberately) of two units simultaneously imploding, with an amazing post-match to cement the chaos.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Dimebags Brain posted:

Dragon Gate's Open the New Year Gate at Korakuen Hall, Night 1, 1/12

MOTYC: Open the Triangle Gate Championship - Masquerade (Shun Skywalker, Kota Minoura, Jason Lee) vs. R.E.D. (Eita, Kaito Ishida, HYO)

I don't know if I should be even nominating this match because it was in no way an amazing blow away workrate classic, but drat I know at the end of the year I'll still probably be thinking about it more than many others I'm going to see. A complete trainwreck (deliberately) of two units simultaneously imploding, with an amazing post-match to cement the chaos.

Nth because it's probably the best storytelling I've seen within a match in a long time. I don't think I've ever seen a trios dynamic where both sides hate one of their teammates and refuse to tag him in, which basically turned it into a singles match unless they could force a tag. It's also the rare instance of outside interference and cheating with foreign objects making the finish better because of the context they've built up with the powder in the eyes, the box lid, and Dia Inferno.

The surprise match after that wasn't exactly a barn burner either, but still a great moment that dovetailed perfectly out of the previous match's angle.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Violento Jack (c) vs. Jun Kasai for the King of FREEDOM Championship - FREEDOMS Blood Xmas (2021/12/25, aired 1/6)
MOTYC: E.R.E. (Toshiyuki Sakuda & Takayuki Ueki) (c) vs. Toru Sugiura & Tomoya Hirata for the King of FREEDOM Tag Team Championship - FREEDOMS Blood Xmas (2021/12/25, aired 1/6)

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTY: Taichi vs. DOUKI - JTO TakaTaichiMania 3 (1/10)

Nth to these three, the DOUKI match was fantastic and the FREEDOMS lads are goddamn maniacs

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Yeah agreed. Douki winning the Never 6 man or Jr Tag titles at Korakuen is gonna be totally amazing and it's gonna happen this year

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Sammy Guevara vs. Daniel Garcia, AEW Dynamite, 12/01

Oof that was a bad show. In fact:

WMOTYC: CM Punk vs. Wardlow, AEW Dynamite, 12/01

I love Punk, I love Wardlow, they're capable of so much more than this. The layout for this match was dire and the Powerbomb Symphony is fine for crushing jobbers but absolutely sucks for building a proper match around.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

Oof that was a bad show.

Come back to the Taichi fan fold. We only need one more vote to get him and DOUKI on the MOTY list like they deserve

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Come back to the Taichi fan fold. We only need one more vote to get him and DOUKI on the MOTY list like they deserve

The bilibili link's been deleted :(

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

graph posted:

Kevino07 posted:

HM: Powerhouse Hobbs vs Dante Martin, AEW Dynamite, 01/12 Ricky Starks - best corner man in the business

Nth

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I will watch it tonight.

HM
13th January
Dragongate Open The New Year Gate Night 5
Open The Twin Gate Titles
RED (HYO & SB KENTo) vs Dragon Dia & Yuki Yoshioka

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

The bilibili link's been deleted :(

https://odysee.com/@RobotRebel:0/DOUKI-vs-Taichi-TAKATaichiMania-3-January-10-2022:1

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

Rarity posted:

After ruminating on it for a few hours, I'll nth this - awkward finish and all

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Taichi vs. DOUKI, JTO TakaTaichimania III, 10/01

Love a bunch of lads who beat the piss out of each other then knock back the drinks after

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

I love Punk, I love Wardlow, they're capable of so much more than this. The layout for this match was dire and the Powerbomb Symphony is fine for crushing jobbers but absolutely sucks for building a proper match around.

I'm going to do the doofy thing and argue against a nomination in the nomination thread (please forgive me). This wasn't a great match at all, but it was a great angle. Given how hot the crowd was for the teased Wardlow face turn afterwards, I don't think you can really call this a failure in terms of getting that over.

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

Rarity posted:

Love a bunch of lads who beat the piss out of each other then knock back the drinks after

Got round to watching this. nth

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

loving incredible nth

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Powerhouse Hobbs vs Dante Martin
HM: Sammy Guevara vs Daniel Garcia

All from AEW Dynamite 12.01

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

I will watch it tonight.

HM
13th January
Dragongate Open The New Year Gate Night 5
Open The Twin Gate Titles
RED (HYO & SB KENTo) vs Dragon Dia & Yuki Yoshioka

2nd this. Very very good and enjoyed some of Dia's new wacky moves.

From the same show

HM: Kzy, Riki Iihashi, and Ishin Iihashi vs. YAMATO, Shoya Sato, and Ryu Fuda

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

Nth this

Suplex de la Luna is extremely cool, so is seeing Milano getting mental at ringside for this.

My one complaint is not getting to hear Nobu sing.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jan 14, 2022

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Rarity posted:

Oof that was a bad show. In fact:

I agree with both of these.

The thing is I actually like the entirety of the wardlow / punk match other than the finish, and I like the stuff that happened after. It just makes no sense that punk would win with a roll up after 9 powerbombs. I absolutely hated the finish.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

IMPACT Wrestling On AXS TV, 01.13.22:
HM: Chris Bey vs Laredo Kid
- those two are always good, Trey popping on commentary added that extra something
HM: Deonna Purrazzo vs Rok-C (AAA Reina De Reinas / ROH Women's World Title Match)
- Rok-C should send Deonna a gift basket after this, because Purrazzo made her look really good. Limb crimes galore in this, just a pleasure to watch.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
HM: Indi Hartwell, Persia Pirotta, and Wendy Choo vs. Kacy Catanzaro, Amari Miller, and Kayden Carter - NXT 2.0, 1/11/22

you know what, i didnt hate it

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

J-Ro posted:

IMPACT Wrestling On AXS TV, 01.13.22:
HM: Chris Bey vs Laredo Kid
- those two are always good, Trey popping on commentary added that extra something
HM: Deonna Purrazzo vs Rok-C (AAA Reina De Reinas / ROH Women's World Title Match)
- Rok-C should send Deonna a gift basket after this, because Purrazzo made her look really good. Limb crimes galore in this, just a pleasure to watch.

2nd on both counts.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

Nth this

Suplex de la Luna is extremely cool, so is seeing Milano getting mental at ringside for this.

My one complaint is not getting to hear Nobu sing.

Despy has a great voice though, raspy and not entirely toneless

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

Nth

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Not sure which year this counts for but don't miss it:
HM: Savio Vega vs. Pagano - MLW Azetca #2 - Taped 12/3/21 Aired 1/13/22
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0pTD81xKj0&t=2393s Timestamp 39:53

Savio Vega is 57 years old and he kicks so much rear end

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

If it was taped in 21 but nobody saw it till it aired in 2022 then it counts as 2022 :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
e: .

Rarity fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jan 15, 2022

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
5th January
Pro Wrestling NOAH Reboot 2022
GHC National Title
Kenoh vs Daisuke Harada

HM
5th January
Pro Wrestling NOAH Reboot 2022
Daiki Inaba, Go Shiozaki, Kaito Kiyomiya, Masa Kitamiya & Yoshiki Inamura vs M's Alliance (Keiji Mutoh, Masato Tanaka & Naomichi Marufuji) & Sugiuragun (Kazuyuki Fujita & Takashi Sugiura)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Adam Cole vs. Trent? - AEW Rampage 1/14

These two went nuts it was crazy, what a great match!

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Adam Cole vs. Trent? - AEW Rampage 1/14

These two went nuts it was crazy, what a great match!

nth

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Wardlow seems like he was ready to go home
when spears called him to follow him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights