Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tequila25
May 12, 2001
Ask me about tapioca.

Roblo posted:

Pretty sure everywhere is the same when it comes to pedo poo poo. Some are just better at covering it up.

Edit: not to say that organisations like the BBC weren't loving awful about covering it up mind. I meant on a country level.

I think abuse flourishes wherever there's an imbalance of power, and that can happen just about anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Agents are GO! posted:

2wars1cup.avi

we just call this Brexit

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
France is the America of Europe, imo.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

christmas boots posted:

France is the America of Europe, imo.

maybe, except france failed to conquer the rest of the continent

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

RFC2324 posted:

maybe, except france failed to conquer the rest of the continent

That's why they're the America of Europe and we're not the France of the Americas. :smuggo:

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Data Graham posted:

Like, one of the very first South Park episodes had Stan's grandpa calling him a bunch of gay slurs including "Frenchy-foo"

It's all part and parcel with the wimpy surrendering bit, if you don't want to invade Iraq you're gay

Their latest "Post-COVID Specials" are about 30% the writing team clearly throwing a tantrum about not being able to do that anymore.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Their latest "Post-COVID Specials" are about 30% the writing team clearly throwing a tantrum about not being able to do that anymore.

"News of Kenny’s death affects everyone who knew him, including Jimmy, who’s now a late-night talk show host — as comedians named Jimmy are wont to do. The newly crowned 'king of woke comedy' is so distraught by the news, he cancels on his scheduled guest, none other than 'First Lady Tom Kardashian.'"

blech

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
If I have to see one more Twitter or Reddit dude arguing "no, the South Park guys aren't conservatives, they make fun of everyone!" I'm gonna lose it

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Vib Rib posted:

If I have to see one more Twitter or Reddit dude arguing "no, the South Park guys aren't conservatives, they make fun of everyone!" I'm gonna lose it

No, guys! The "trans people that just want rights and respect" and the "transphobes that want them dead" are BOTH being stupid! :haw:

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I'm shocked there are still people that give a poo poo about South Park

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I’ve seen a ton of ads for their post COVID thing.

I didn’t watch it because it isn’t 2006 but still

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
If you see yourself as a victim, you're just holding yourself back.

Also wanting our TV show to get cancelled is a slippery slope to starting a senseless war

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Pththya-lyi posted:

Also wanting our TV show to get cancelled is a slippery slope to starting a senseless war

:siren: South Park script writer spotted. :siren:

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Pththya-lyi posted:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

CharlestheHammer posted:

I didn’t watch it because it isn’t 2006 but still

I have heard that Post-COVID is good, but I can't tell if that's 'actually good' or 'good for South Park'.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Cleretic posted:

I have heard that Post-COVID is good, but I can't tell if that's 'actually good' or 'good for South Park'.

Like...the idea of cartman growing up into a functional adult and good person with a wife and kids and becoming a Rahbbi and passing Kyle off does sound funny.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Cleretic posted:

I only watched the first and it's neither. The only good bit was the reveal that Cartman seems to have converted to Judaism and is a respected member of the community with a family and Kyle keeps trying to figure out how it's a long con prank on him

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
They also poo poo all over NFTs which is nice. Would have thought they'd be all in on them.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

CharlestheHammer posted:

the PlutoTV MST3k channel played it six times in a row one day.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

sexpig by night posted:

I only watched the first and it's neither. The only good bit was the reveal that Cartman seems to have converted to Judaism and is a respected member of the community with a family and Kyle keeps trying to figure out how it's a long con prank on him

there was also a joke where Stan is in a lovely relationship but it's his digital assistant but yeah not great

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Speaking NFTs, here's a NWSFT or whatever

https://www.cryptoballsnft.com/

:nws:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Crypto ball sniffed.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
so the bad art designed to cause disgust has to be on purpose right? Possibly to single us out when they start putting no-coiners in camps?

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Regarde Aduck posted:

so the bad art designed to cause disgust has to be on purpose right? Possibly to single us out when they start putting no-coiners in camps?

They hammered their brain in to a 1-dimensional shape so hard they no longer have a sense of what looks good, and then they either try to make the art themselves or hire whatever artist is like 'yeah sure I can just copy these ugly loving monkeys' for a low price.

That said Cryptoballs has apparently made one whole sale in the time since its domain was registered in August lmao

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Count Uvula posted:

They hammered their brain in to a 1-dimensional shape so hard they no longer have a sense of what looks good, and then they either try to make the art themselves or hire whatever artist is like 'yeah sure I can just copy these ugly loving monkeys' for a low price.

That said Cryptoballs has apparently made one whole sale in the time since its domain was registered in August lmao

That means it's the rarest NFT collection! Value of that one ball can only go up!

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Not really the place but this absolutely didn't belong in the good tweets thread.

https://twitter.com/mphproject/status/1481710850151002120?s=21

Obviously the tweeter isn't the idiot.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

The apes thing is especially funny because it’s the epitome of “we’re all unique, one-of-a-kind, just like everyone else!” But apparently that’s enough to convince people to shell out tens of thousands for their incredible apes so the only idiot is me for not getting in on the grift

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Captain Monkey posted:

Not really the place but this absolutely didn't belong in the good tweets thread.

The cursed images thread is a good home for it.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?
Now are these tens of thousands of *actual* dollars people are paying for ugly monkeys, or tens of thousands of buttcoins that may be worthless tomorrow if Elon sneezes?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Fighting Trousers posted:

Now are these tens of thousands of *actual* dollars people are paying for ugly monkeys, or tens of thousands of buttcoins that may be worthless tomorrow if Elon sneezes?

Mostly the butts, but they are luring in more and more bag holders each day

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

smellmycheese posted:

Who wants to tell him?

by breeding with people who already had vax and getting herd immunity.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

Zil posted:

Mostly the butts, but they are luring in more and more bag holders each day

Apparently there's a fair bit of 'If I buy my OWN ape and pretend someone else did, it'll drive up the value!' going on too

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Wolfechu posted:

Apparently there's a fair bit of 'If I buy my OWN ape and pretend someone else did, it'll drive up the value!' going on too

https://twitter.com/Carnage4Life/status/1465811132954800131

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Wolfechu posted:

Kind of what I thought.

Apperently the same thing is happening with retro video games?

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.

Captain Monkey posted:

https://twitter.com/mphproject/status/1481710850151002120?s=21

Obviously the tweeter isn't the idiot.

Upon my death, I want corporate productivity to slide.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

BigRed0427 posted:

Kind of what I thought.

absolutely is, especially from the "graded games" companies

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

BigRed0427 posted:

Kind of what I thought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKcnb0Jwe3M

These guys talk about it a lot

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Karl Jobst did a couple of pretty in-depth videos about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvLFEh7V18A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKbuNwS-gaI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Tiggum posted:

Karl Jobst did a couple of pretty in-depth videos about it:

Nice of him to take some time out from being mates with white supremacists to put in his two cents