Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i love how everyone hates the p3 arena. the boss made it. of course he's going to make it awful for you :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Thundarr posted:

I forgot FoF was an entire 25%.

How is it paladin has such a lovely DPS potential again

There's not really anything wrong with it, they just need to embiggen the numbers

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Arrrthritis posted:

I don't know if I would say that it's already there. You can mix and match the egis, sure, but I was hoping for something more in line with swapping Titan for Bismarck or other weird poo poo like that.

I just double checked, and I was wrong and they actually haven't added the jeweled summons yet, just the egis and carbuncles. Maybe the way they made the jeweled summons work makes that not possible for them, because I imagine they'd have added them too if they could (like swapping Garuda with Ifrit, or adding Titan to everyth...then again maybe it's not for mechanical reasons :v:).

Thundarr posted:

I forgot FoF was an entire 25%.

How is it paladin has such a lovely DPS potential again

When the base is low, there's not a lot that can happen. :( Our non-DoT ST potency caps out at 420 for actually a good chunk of the actions we hit in a rotation, except for the 4 boosted Holy Spirits which are 540. DRK has a lower potency on their combo, but their non-combo abilities either hit harder, they have them more often or both.

Onean fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jan 13, 2022

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Frida Call Me posted:

my experience with primal p2s clear parties so far have been a combination of D and one of A,B,C

a) wipe to overflow 1
b) tank runs into poop square with tether
c) wipe to avarice 1
d) not even close to enough damage even without mistakes

[spoiler]if anything, at least it's funny as gently caress when you wipe because you get pingponged around the arena due to someone loving up the debuffs[spoiler]

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Chillgamesh posted:

They're gonna add another job that uses the Scouting armorset in 7.0 and it's gonna be a ranged DPS that uses Blitzballs.

don't threaten me with a good time

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Arrrthritis posted:

I don't know if I would say that it's already there. You can mix and match the egis, sure, but I was hoping for something more in line with swapping Titan for Bismarck or other weird poo poo like that.

There are... forbidden ways of obtaining this power.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Chillgamesh posted:

They're gonna add another job that uses the Scouting armorset in 7.0 and it's gonna be a ranged DPS that uses Blitzballs.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Job quests will be all about getting Not-Wakka to be less racist.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I hope blitzballer never happens that will make the people begging for blitzball even louder, and blitzball is a lovely, lovely game

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

I hope blitzballer never happens that will make the people begging for blitzball even louder, and blitzball is a lovely, lovely game

I mean, I doubt they'd add a Bliztballer job without adding Blitzball. And who doesn't want to kill gods by throwing a beach ball at them?

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm actually going to bet on beastmaster as a new scouting job. Now that they've finally figured out how to unfuck the single pet job, it's time to add another one (and gently caress it up).

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
What's the most convenient lvl 90 Collectable to grind out purple scrips?

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

CobiWann posted:

What's the most convenient lvl 90 Collectable to grind out purple scrips?

rarefied bavarois, CUL

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

FuturePastNow posted:

I made my egis small because they're funnier that way. If I could turn their final forms back into multi-colored carbuncles, I would. But since I've been raiding weekly much more than I used to I've finally turned off all other player effects.
Add in the Eden primals and replace upheaval with Titan doing doughnuts on the mobs with his quad bike.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I made 1,229,566 gil selling gear from all the EW quest reward coffers... decently profitable expansion

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I made that much selling all my materia

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

EDIT: thought better of this

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Just realized how much I would like "Geoguessr but for FF14"

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

That's just doing maps without looking at a map guide website.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Ibblebibble posted:

That's just doing maps without looking at a map guide website.

Maps are starting with the map pin and finding the vista. We need the opposite. We need Chocographs and Chocobo Hot & Cold.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

Xerophyte posted:

Chocobo Hot & Cold.

this actually exists in eureka pagos, pyros and hydatos. but only the ones in pyros and hydatos are worth doing.

Frida Call Me fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jan 14, 2022

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

ayy

now I just gotta get the larbird

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

https://wiffxiv.herokuapp.com/

It exists!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

How are they explaining this lore wise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbjnQ-D_fEQ

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

lol nice

Also I don't remember anything about gyr abania lol

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I really wish you could choose which attack animation goes off for upgraded spells. I like some of Sage's earlier animations more than their later ones.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I really wish you could choose which attack animation goes off for upgraded spells. I like some of Sage's earlier animations more than their later ones.

The animation for Physis I is so much better than Physis II. The way the nouliths cast out their beams like little searchlights is great.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Harrow posted:

The animation for Physis I is so much better than Physis II. The way the nouliths cast out their beams like little searchlights is great.

I also like Toxicon's FIN FUNNEL beamspam more than the laser

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I think I'm retracting my complaints that drg no longer has any rough edges. Its new rough edge is that, if anything drifts you might as well just set your parse to 0. It's surprisingly fun to keep everything lined up

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

there's a mod that lets you do this with xivlauncher, you pick which animations you want to replace in game and then it spits out a mod you can install with textools

I did it to replace souleater with power slash, might replace riot blade with whatever the other attack from the PLD 123 used to be

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

I played 2 seasons of that god forsaken minigame to get Wakka's ultimate weapon. I never want to even approach it ever again.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Better than Lulu's lightning strike streak

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Badger of Basra posted:

I did it to replace souleater with power slash, might replace riot blade with whatever the other attack from the PLD 123 used to be

Savage Blade

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

cheetah7071 posted:

I think I'm retracting my complaints that drg no longer has any rough edges. Its new rough edge is that, if anything drifts you might as well just set your parse to 0. It's surprisingly fun to keep everything lined up

its rough edge is that the theme of this raid tier is "mechanics where the tank has to stand in front to take a tether and/or other people have to park at max melee" which, as the newly minted Only Melee Where Gap Closers Are Part Of The Rotation, sucks bad

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Mister Olympus posted:

its rough edge is that the theme of this raid tier is "mechanics where the tank has to stand in front to take a tether and/or other people have to park at max melee" which, as the newly minted Only Melee Where Gap Closers Are Part Of The Rotation, sucks bad

the tanks just stand inside the boss' hitbox and it's fine. complain to your tanks

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

cheetah7071 posted:

the tanks just stand inside the boss' hitbox and it's fine. complain to your tanks

"my" tanks as if i have a static. PF tanks have forgotten within the space of a patch that Dragoon exists as a class, and nobody in PF is literate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mister Olympus posted:

"my" tanks as if i have a static. PF tanks have forgotten within the space of a patch that Dragoon exists as a class, and nobody in PF is literate

What do you mean? Everyone is playing Dragoon But With A Bent Lance And Extra Angst.