Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

We have 8-12 inches of snow expected in North Carolina on Sunday and logistically my only option to make a badly-needed Costco trip is Saturday during peak hours. I wonder how much of a shitshow it's going to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

The Midniter posted:

I wonder how much of a shitshow it's going to be.

guaranteed epic shitshow. take some pics.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The Midniter posted:

We have 8-12 inches of snow expected in North Carolina on Sunday and logistically my only option to make a badly-needed Costco trip is Saturday during peak hours. I wonder how much of a shitshow it's going to be.

Even though gig economy is stupid, I would seriously consider using Instacart for it, especially since they can go today or tomorrow instead of Saturday peak.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Gonna ask again because it's very important

when does Costco normal get the brownie brittle in stock!! I want to buy like five bags of it this time

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

I haven't used any of Costco's "we'll find you a contractor" type services, but last year I bought a house and got the mortage through Costco. I ended up working with NBKC, who were fantastic, and as promised the sum total of all fees (as in from the bank, not as in closing costs, which is between you and the seller) on the mortage was $250.

I also only use costcotravel.com to book rental cars.The very first time I did was when I took my mom to the Grand Canyon (picking up car at PHX), then to Vegas, then to Santa Barbara (dropping car off at LAX). I saved $950 compared to the next-cheapest option I could find on that one rental alone.

Even if I never buy another thing at Costco, I've saved enough money on car rentals and my mortage to be in the black on membership costs until I die. So yes, use the tools the church gives you.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

The Midniter posted:

what are you doing. go Now

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hot dog and a slice for under $4.

God bless Costco for lunch.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

Hot dog and a slice for under $4.

God bless Costco for lunch.

it's like 3.50$ AND you get a drink (pepsi products unfortunately but hey). you cant afford not to

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I feel like Costco online took my order, made a label, and just threw it away. When is my order going on the drat truck!

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

StormDrain posted:

I feel like Costco online took my order, made a label, and just threw it away. When is my order going on the drat truck!

I ordered garage shelving from Costco online and it arrived over a period of a month in three different boxes from three different warehouses. Problem is there was no explanation that this was going to happen, o documentation to say it was multiple boxes so when the first one arrived and it was kissing most of it I returned it to the store only for another box to arrive unannounced two weeks later.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

BigPaddy posted:

I ordered garage shelving from Costco online and it arrived over a period of a month in three different boxes from three different warehouses. Problem is there was no explanation that this was going to happen, o documentation to say it was multiple boxes so when the first one arrived and it was kissing most of it I returned it to the store only for another box to arrive unannounced two weeks later.

In 2020 I ordered a bucket of emergency food and they sent me two. I ordered a few things in between and it was all normal. It's like one in five orders will get screwed up.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

StormDrain posted:

In 2020 I ordered a bucket of emergency food and they sent me two. I ordered a few things in between and it was all normal. It's like one in five orders will get screwed up.

It's the same with many wholesale companies. In-store, they're great. Online is a poo poo show.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

If I could, I would protect costco from the internet

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Went to church today in advance of the upcoming east coast snowstorm. Milk was starting to run low but I got my supply, bread was getting there too. They had tons of toilet paper and paper towels but there was a continuous crowd grabbing them. Picked up a street taco kit for tomorrow night. Grabbed three slices of pizza and a chicken bake for lunch for the family.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I always thought the rule was if you need more than 2 slices you just order a whole pizza. Isn't that posted on the menu somewhere?

jimmy mnemonic
Jan 9, 2007

Fun Shoe
I bought a chicken pot pie for the first time yesterday. I was a little apprehensive because I had read anecdotal reports that they were extremely salty. I baked it yesterday evening and to my relief found that the salt level was appropriate, on par with any other chicken pot pie I've had. I liked the nice big chunks of chicken and the whole baby carrots. All in all it was satisfying comfort food for a cold winter evening. A+++ would buy again

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I'm hit or miss on the pot pie, I think the chicken is just leftover rotisserie which is fine but the size of the chicken pieces is dependant on who made it. I get one every year but sometimes I regret it

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
My mom just found covid antigen tests on Costco website
Just a heads up if it helps anyone

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Spinz posted:

My mom just found covid antigen tests on Costco website
Just a heads up if it helps anyone

dang, I was too slow. says Out of Stock for me now

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

PokeJoe posted:

I'm hit or miss on the pot pie, I think the chicken is just leftover rotisserie which is fine but the size of the chicken pieces is dependant on who made it. I get one every year but sometimes I regret it

Yeah, I picked one up a few months ago and the filling was basically mechanically separated chicken paste. It was not very appetizing.

Picked up some new pillows yesterday. The EcoPillow runs $20 for two, and feels pretty nice after a decade plus with like a $3 ikea special.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Those ham and cheese breakfast pastries suuuuuucccccckkkkkk.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Ultimate Mango posted:

I have no idea what they were thinking with them. Hopefully they don't stick around after the testing period. I'm tired of my bakery smelling like cheese every morning.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Ultimate Mango posted:

I like them :colbert:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Ultimate Mango posted:

They even look bag

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

I'm in the market for a blender, anyone have any thoughts on the Costco offerings? Particularly the Ninja or the Nutribullet? The vitamix is overkill for my needs (not to mention expensive).

I was reading that Nutribullet expects you to fully replace the components (carafe, blades, etc) every 6 months?! That seems ridiculous.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Ultimate Mango posted:

I bought them this week to try and was not super impressed either.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Argyle posted:

I'm in the market for a blender, anyone have any thoughts on the Costco offerings? Particularly the Ninja or the Nutribullet? The vitamix is overkill for my needs (not to mention expensive).

I was reading that Nutribullet expects you to fully replace the components (carafe, blades, etc) every 6 months?! That seems ridiculous.

Refurb Blendtec?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I tried the chicken Alfredo a while back and it really wasn’t good. It needed something (salt I think) but I’m not 100% sure what it was.

I won’t be getting it again

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

The meatloaf has been a loving godsend in the pandemic. It’s a perfectly fine meatloaf dinner that’s warming and filling and I don’t have to do anything.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Trip report! I went in shorts because I'm not working today and regretted it, because all the old people kept coming up and saying "cold enough for ya hehe" etc

I picked up the RealGood chicken cheese enchiladas because the calories seemed reasonable. My advice? Don't. They taste like cat food, skimp on cheese and the "sauce" is essentially just salt water.

I also picked up a whole pork loin for 14 bucks and am currently sous viding it in Secret Aardvark jerk marinade. My church was straight out of all chicken except wings. It was bizarre!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lumbermouth posted:

The meatloaf has been a loving godsend in the pandemic. It’s a perfectly fine meatloaf dinner that’s warming and filling and I don’t have to do anything.

Like I get it but meatloaf is so so so easy to make.

It’s like 7 ingredients and pop in the oven.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Don't be the loving shorts guy

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
You're not gonna like hearing about my feelings on closed toed shoes when I'm not working either then. I spent too long and got burned too many times in a kitchen to have time for other people judging whether I show my calves or not

E: I get it

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Soul Dentist posted:

I picked up the RealGood chicken cheese enchiladas because the calories seemed reasonable. My advice? Don't. They taste like cat food, skimp on cheese and the "sauce" is essentially just salt water.
RealGood has been awful of what I tried. I got broccoli and cheddar stuffed chicken breasts and were so bad I threw them all away. Hard pass

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

I tried the chicken Alfredo a while back and it really wasn’t good. It needed something (salt I think) but I’m not 100% sure what it was.

I won’t be getting it again

yeah the chicken in the chicken alfredo just isnt very good either. the pot pie is better

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

sharkytm posted:

Refurb Blendtec?

This is the correct answer. I've had mine for 5 years, still going strong.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Argyle posted:

I got the Costco model Vitamix, and while it does do a ton of things, from smoothies to cook soups to peanut butter, I just use it to blend fruits/vegetables 2x a day and drink the resulting mix.

Works insanely well, and the main idea is the warrenty+Costco purchase means if it ever messes up I just return it to Costco and get a new one.

Still, for what I use it for, a $100 blender would probably be good enough to not notice a difference. I just really hate any grit in my smoothie/drinks and the Vitamix pulverizes everything into one texture.

Re: the Ninja, I got a Ninja brand cup blender set, the one you have the 3 cups and the blender lid, and that thing has lasted 5 years without issue using it 4-5 times a week. I did have to replace the blender lid once there was a microscopic hole that was clearly leaking smoothing mix. The only limit is the 4, 6, 16 oz or whatever cup sizes.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jan 17, 2022

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

MarcusSA posted:

Like I get it but meatloaf is so so so easy to make.

It’s like 7 ingredients and pop in the oven.

And when the pandemic isn’t sapping every drop of my energy not dedicated to getting through the workday, I’ll combine said ingredients. Until then, PBUC.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

DoubleT2172 posted:

RealGood has been awful of what I tried. I got broccoli and cheddar stuffed chicken breasts and were so bad I threw them all away. Hard pass

We like the ones that are stuffed with fontina and whatever else, but the other ones my store had (which I think are the ones you’re talking about) were not good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
sorry for non costco tangent but if youve got a good meatloaf recipe pls drop it