Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

Futanari Damacy has issued a correction as of 13:57 on Oct 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Isizzlehorn posted:

It could work easily, you just need to approach the transit and trade system like China does.

Worried about trucking traffic? Build gigantic parking lots at the border and exchange drivers and/or truck cabs with sanitization in place. Instant demand for 1000s of jobs, once in place the turnaround would be minimal. Brief slowdown until the process is in place.

Traveling outside the country? Go nuts, just expect to be put into a 2 week quarantine. This will apply to all immigration and tourism too. And this will require probably the most expenditure as you would need a lot of short term living space at border crossings and especially airports. But hey, lots of jobs, big infrastructure spending.

Travel to the US daily for work from Canada? Mandate remote work, no exceptions. If it's a contract or something requiring an extended stay, the previous rules apply. Just know you have to accommodate a 2 week quarantine into whatever work schedule there is.

It wouldn't actually disrupt the economy much at all. Temporarily, sure, but this kind of shift could get done in a few months at most. But it's the feds that are the only ones that could do it, provinces and private business would sit on their hands deliberately.

exactly. the solution to this is an expansion of the civil service. but doing that signals a government capable of actually doing -things-, which is verboten in neoliberalism

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Futanari Damacy posted:

https://twitter.com/kadish_josh/status/1480817540792307712

If this is real then it could probably be linked to a card or something to swipe that would show your most recent status and the time it was taken, you wouldn't even need to say whether you were vaccinated or not because it would show your positive/negative stat, say you would need to take it <3h before showing up to an event or what have you.

how does it know who spat on it. that could be anyone's fluid

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Overcoming COVID is not some insurmountable problem. It can be done but not as long as commerce/capital/corporations are the de facto government. COVID is really laying bare that the fed and provincial governments really aren’t in charge and have no power. COVID can only be solved if there’s a political will to do so which there is none because the de facto government (business) in its short term wisdom, will have none of it.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Canada never really progressed past Hudson’s Bay and is still only a corporate state lol

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

skewetoo posted:

Overcoming COVID is not some insurmountable problem. It can be done but not as long as commerce/capital/corporations are the de facto government. COVID is really laying bare that the fed and provincial governments really aren’t in charge and have no power. COVID can only be solved if there’s a political will to do so which there is none because the de facto government (business) in its short term wisdom, will have none of it.

yes. this crisis has laid bare the sham that is western ‘democracy’ and it’s utter contempt for actual people.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
asking foreign travelers to quarantine is the bare minimum if you want to contain this but even that's a bridge too far

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

skewetoo posted:

Canada never really progressed past Hudson’s Bay and is still only a corporate state lol

Between c. 1757 - 1830 it was a garrison state, so things like canals, roads and ports were built, so there’s that.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

Futanari Damacy has issued a correction as of 13:57 on Oct 29, 2022

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Futanari Damacy posted:

https://twitter.com/kadish_josh/status/1480817540792307712

If this is real then it could probably be linked to a card or something to swipe that would show your most recent status and the time it was taken, you wouldn't even need to say whether you were vaccinated or not because it would show your positive/negative stat, say you would need to take it <3h before showing up to an event or what have you.

They suck OP, its basically a fancy housing as an excuse to mark up the tests kits that only work for it.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

I'm reminded instantly of foone's revelation that an electronic pregnancy test is just an ordinary one, and all the fancy computer does is read it to you

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Futanari Damacy posted:

What do you guys think is the funniest place name in Canada? For me, you can't beat loving Prince Albert, SK. Dildo, NL comes close but it's a little on the nose- would be less expected and therefore more funny in any other province I think, Newfies are just odd enough that they can get away with it.

Saint-Louis-du-Ha! Ha!, QC

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

:siren::siren::siren:

remain where you are, citizen. a representative of the memorial to the victims of communism will be there shortly to explain the dangers of this idea

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

skewetoo posted:

i hope my smallpox blanket has that expensive stripey pattern on it

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Futanari Damacy posted:

Manitoba PCs have very specific orders from KPMG and they don't include funding healthcare at all ever so they're literally just riding it out rather than even pretend they want to keep it public

These people do have addresses, lol

Kinda funny how many parallels there are to COVID responce and climate change response including the fact that 'do terrorism about it' is becoming the only likely way we'll come out of this in one piece because the wealthy refuse to let our society address it properly.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Futanari Damacy posted:

What do you guys think is the funniest place name in Canada? For me, you can't beat loving Prince Albert, SK. Dildo, NL comes close but it's a little on the nose- would be less expected and therefore more funny in any other province I think, Newfies are just odd enough that they can get away with it.

I've always liked Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump and think more place names should be so literal.

flakeloaf posted:

I'm reminded instantly of foone's revelation that an electronic pregnancy test is just an ordinary one, and all the fancy computer does is read it to you

You can't even buy the ordinary ones in Canada! At least not in any of the drug stores I looked in. When we were conceiving my wife had a bunch of them shipped from Korea for about 1/10th the per-unit cost. Heck, a red line on paper is even more accurate than an lcd screen that just says yes or no.

fisting by many has issued a correction as of 03:23 on Jan 14, 2022

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

fisting by many posted:

I've always liked Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump and think more place names should be so literal.

You can't even buy the ordinary ones in Canada! At least not in any of the drug stores I looked in. When we were conceiving my wife had a bunch of them shipped from Korea for about 1/10th the per-unit cost. Heck, a red line on paper is even more accurate than an lcd screen that just says yes or no.

Pretty sure the ones at Dollarama aren't digital.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

infernal machines posted:

the ndp is all in on the 3rd way, i don't think they're opposed to liberalism

the loving NDP lmfao

thomas sankara would applaud us for cramming a third party into our one-party state

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

did anyone catch the alberta update today? I tried looking at r/alberta but all the threads talking about it were really long and I don't know if I want to spend that much time learning that nothing has changed and we're all going to die

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Mameluke posted:

the loving NDP lmfao

thomas sankara would applaud us for cramming a third party into our one-party state

We've got at least 6 different flavours of neoliberalism for the proles to swallow.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

blatman posted:

did anyone catch the alberta update today? I tried looking at r/alberta but all the threads talking about it were really long and I don't know if I want to spend that much time learning that nothing has changed and we're all going to die

Same but I got banned from reddit for telling a moderator that he has worms in his brain

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

blatman posted:

Gotta learn how to apply doom scrolling to relevant info, didn't take long.

6010 cases 40.9% 786 hospital 79 ICU 8 new deaths.

Oh, and as far as actions, nothing new. They're still sitting on $1.8 billion undistributed fed covid money without any idea how to spend it, and moaning about regret of taking school remote.

Isizzlehorn has issued a correction as of 10:30 on Jan 14, 2022

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

man the updates from school boards sure do read like the preamble to a suicide cults final message. Guess everyone understands we are about to walk into a literal catastrophe but we are all out of ideas on how to avoid doing that

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Canada is a maskless boomer holding the door open for you lmao

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
greetings, may i interest you in some plaguecakes at smitys

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Keep it up, boys! I promise it only gets harder from here.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Thread I am sorry for once again I looked directly at the hashtag, and found...

https://twitter.com/zxc098xxx/status/1481882661157322752

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

Escape Goat posted:

Thread I am sorry for once again I looked directly at the hashtag, and found...

https://twitter.com/zxc098xxx/status/1481882661157322752

people are loving stupid

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I wish I could kick this whole country in it's stupid loving teeth

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

https://twitter.com/Tim_Ell/status/1481815614113021955?t=cyQAWLH9xa1H8vV-y6kI4A&s=19

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
So all we need to maybe get better health orders is to infect the elected. What food court is most frequented by legislature staff?

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Too bad no elected official has probably stepped foot in the legislature since covid began.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

loooooooooooooooooooool

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

hmmm looks like its time for trudeau to call another snap election!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

my opinion of him is in his name!

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

lmao gfy

tg&m posted:

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

https://twitter.com/DaveSmithPtbo/status/1482012730521440258
Where was Ontario again?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

That feels very much like they're just cherrypicking the worst death totals in NA to make Ontario look decent. Those are very random US choices to compare a Canadian province to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

finally admitting we are just another state I guess