Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

so why are they calling him prince still

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

congrats on your mod star also i am honour bound to accuse you of being christoph meltzelder

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

euphronius posted:

That's his name. Prince Andrew Windsor. First middle last.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Mr Andrew stripped of royal titles

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
I think they're realising that nobody really cares about this party like they also didn't care about the last 4 that got buried
https://twitter.com/Tony_Diver/status/1481741337951195136

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
god forbid someone enjoy Phillips death

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

frankenfreak posted:

Isn't Andrew her favorite son, so it definitely would be an indication she's no longer fully in charge.

He's her favourite, but I could see him being cut loose for the good of the crown or whatever, they have to know they're in trouble once Charles is king and need to prop up their popularity.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
still finding it really hard to believe that charles will actually get to be king, for more than about 10 mins anyway

e: by this I don't mean anything fantastical, but that he'll mumble something about needing new blood and abdicate or just not accept it in the first place. liz became queen at 25, charles is loving 73

gonadic io has issued a correction as of 00:26 on Jan 14, 2022

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

it was obvious the queen was no longer calling the shots when blair got that knighthood, she hates him

euphronius posted:

He's just been stripped of some of the extra titles his mum gave him, he is still a prince and the duke of york

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

marktheando posted:

He's just been stripped of some of the extra titles his mum gave him, he is still a prince and the duke of york

obviously some horrible tragedy must happen to the queen, charles, and william's family while andrew is on trial in the US

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

gonadic io posted:

still finding it really hard to believe that charles will actually get to be king, for more than about 10 mins anyway

e: by this I don't mean anything fantastical, but that he'll mumble something about needing new blood and abdicate or just not accept it in the first place. liz became queen at 25, charles is loving 73

He absolutely wants it, he's been planning his entire life around becoming king and has big plans for what he's gonna do when he gets on the throne

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

i say swears online posted:

obviously some horrible tragedy must happen to the queen, charles, and william's family while andrew is on trial in the US
There's an easier way to prevent Andrew from spilling the beans in court, though.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

that means he'd be king and a bunch of redcoats would storm the courthouse and bring him home

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

- Me, to Prince Andrew's accuser.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

MikeCrotch posted:

He absolutely wants it, he's been planning his entire life around becoming king and has big plans for what he's gonna do when he gets on the throne

what big plans does he have and would he even be able to do them? yeah the uk govt is in shambles but I always got the impression that if the royalty tried to wield actual power it would get shut down fairly quick

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

MikeCrotch posted:

what's he gonna do, have a stroke

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I bet commoner andrew genuinely thinks he's the world's biggest victim even though he is unquestionably guilty and has the benefit of insane privilege

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Feldegast42 posted:

what big plans does he have and would he even be able to do them? yeah the uk govt is in shambles but I always got the impression that if the royalty tried to wield actual power it would get shut down fairly quick

The royalty does wield actual power, they're massive landowners and use royal perogative to hide their wealth all the time

Charles big thing is professionalising the royal family, he wants the hangers on to go get jobs instead of relying on state handouts (in part because he knows once Liz dies public sentiment and willingness to pay is gonna tank)

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

kecske posted:

The Andrew formerly known as Prince

omg

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

andrew must have been so sickened when william and harry were born, and when they had children. he went from second in line at birth to like tenth or something now, behind william and harry and a bunch of small children.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

marktheando posted:

andrew must have been so sickened when william and harry were born, and when they had children. he went from second in line at birth to like tenth or something now, behind william and harry and a bunch of small children.

I dunno. he seems to like to be behind children

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

neutral milf hotel posted:

I dunno. he seems to like to be behind children

it's the power dynamic tho

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

her what

instantrunoffvote
Jul 23, 2007

short a

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
it's posh oval office for "lovely year". this has also been the uhhhhh sixth? year in a row that a paper has asked to call it so

Tiaer
Oct 6, 2020

CoolCab posted:

it's posh oval office for "lovely year". this has also been the uhhhhh sixth? year in a row that a paper has asked to call it so

lovely annus

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

yeah join the club bitch

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

CoolCab posted:

Yeah she used it in some speech after Windsor Castle partially burned down. In the same speech she also said "I, like Queen Victoria, have always been a believer in that old maxim "moderation in all things"." which is loving hilarious coming from the monarch.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

fun fact: according to some historians, the largest meal in history was the feast for Queen Victoria's 50 year anniversary, held in India during the middle of a famine that killed upwards of 10 million people

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
it was a joke!!!! trust the UK thread to be a bunch of pedants who engage in pedantry

crepeface has issued a correction as of 03:18 on Jan 14, 2022

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

marktheando posted:

Nah as the second child he would have always been aware his existence was an insurance policy in case the heir designate dropped dead before ascending the throne. As soon as Charles had an heir Andrew knew he was safe from ever having to do anything even approximating work ever again.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Party Boat posted:

That's clearly Jackie Daytona

What? He's got no toothpick

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
what the gently caress was wrong with 1992???

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
one of her castles burned down a little

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
I do not believe, although I do not care enough to check, that she said the same of 1997, the year the mother of her grandchildren was brutally killed in a car accident.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well yeah, di dying made that year a lot less terrible for the windsors.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

me and my fellow morons are bouncing up and down in our chairs unable to contain our excitement about the member of the british royal family thats about to be held accountable by the american jsutice system for real its gonna happen this time guys. we're making little fist pumping motions and saying stuff like "charlies is gonna kick andrew out of the royal family" to each other and drinking waaay too much soda

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Quotey posted:

what the gently caress was wrong with 1992???

Alex Ferguson must pay for his crimes

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
1992 had a divorce in the family too, didn’t it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/CHIMPSINSOCKS/status/1481701572535107587?t=FXRMToqjoZZxyXVCWHCFXw&s=19