Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hardspace: Shipbreaker is closing in on 1.0, which will finally mean no more progress resets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Looking forward to the years when Hardspace Shipbreaker and World of Horror hit 1.0 and I can add them to GOTY lists for that year

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

StarkRavingMad posted:

I bought this a couple days ago and I don't even mind that I payed 2 extra bucks for it. It's pretty chill. Except for when I got a little deeper in the ring and some scary music started playing and I saw some poor little ship getting microwave beamed by what I assume were pirates and I ran like hell and smashed into a big rock in a panic.

Aside from that it's been all having my ship eat rocks with it's weird beak.

Microwaves are bad news. They pretty much fry most of your electronics so you've to manually fly and stuff until your computer reboots. Thankfully this goes both ways. Keeping a microwave trained on a pirate will keep them mostly out of control

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Sab669 posted:

We strayed from talking about the glory of Vampire Survivors

On this subject, just got a run with four evolved weapons and holy poo poo. I got somewhat worse modifier unlocks than normal to make it happen - eg I don’t like the max health upgrade or area upgrade much normally. But totally worth it. The axe evo is so much more useful than the base weapon feels, and the whip is really nice to give a bit of extra safety. It’s super hard to die once you have it up. I also really like the knife evo since it synergiques well with the Bible and let’s you sort of carve your way through crowds.

All that said, the Bible evo blows them all out of the water, what an insane weapon. I basically just walked back and forth collecting pickups without having to slow down.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Sab669 posted:

We strayed from talking about the glory of Vampire Survivors

I came from the new release thread to talk about vampire survivors. Game is good. 10/10 and its version 0.27 lol.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

RC Cola posted:

I came from the new release thread to talk about vampire survivors. Game is good. 10/10 and its version 0.27 lol.

introducing new character, Stinky Old Man

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

tildes posted:

On this subject, just got a run with four evolved weapons and holy poo poo. I got somewhat worse modifier unlocks than normal to make it happen - eg I don’t like the max health upgrade or area upgrade much normally. But totally worth it. The axe evo is so much more useful than the base weapon feels, and the whip is really nice to give a bit of extra safety. It’s super hard to die once you have it up. I also really like the knife evo since it synergiques well with the Bible and let’s you sort of carve your way through crowds.

All that said, the Bible evo blows them all out of the water, what an insane weapon. I basically just walked back and forth collecting pickups without having to slow down.

I managed to get Infinite Knife + Infinite Magic Wand together, it was pretty silly. Not the most effective run I've had, but just the sheer amount of projectile vomit was great.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

I actually died on this run because I couldn't see and ran straight into a boss. My hubris :negative:

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jan 14, 2022

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Sab669 posted:

I managed to get Infinite Knife + Infinite Magic Wand together, it was pretty silly. Not the most effective run I've had, but just the sheer amount of projectile vomit was great.

This was my first win! With the extra projectiles guy. That felt super safe as well.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Died on my latest Vampire Survivor run because I had 4 upgradeable weapons on level 7 and the game refused to give me the last level for any of them!! I was like I have all the pre-requisites, just give me one pleaaaaase

anyway guess i'm pumping luck next run

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
that's great man

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
This month's humble choice is the worst one I think I've ever seen. Ye gods. Usually, there's one game I'd like to play. This month, absolutely nothing looks good.

Mafia is probably fine, I'm just not interested in it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Vasler posted:

This month's humble choice is the worst one I think I've ever seen. Ye gods. Usually, there's one game I'd like to play. This month, absolutely nothing looks good.

Mafia is probably fine, I'm just not interested in it.

I paused mine, and I don't know if it's a chicken or egg situation with all this, but the recent changes to punish people for pausing and and the stuff with downloads has me thinking "do i really get a benefit out of this and should I just cancel"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hitman 3 finally, goodbye to the next 300-400 hours of doing literally all the achievements and challenges from 1 and 2 all over again :hellyeah:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hwurmp posted:

Hardspace: Shipbreaker is closing in on 1.0, which will finally mean no more progress resets.

I bought this game ages ago and I’m ready to finally dig into it.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

The only talking mouse in all of Britannia.

Leal posted:

Didn't you know? Geralt is also an artist during his downtime!

Ehhhh...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

He has only practiced drawing women, not birds

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

monster hunter world has like 5 cool weapon designs and then everything else is a caveman bone club with monster fur/scales taped onto to it. im glad rise went back to the old ways.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I paused mine, and I don't know if it's a chicken or egg situation with all this, but the recent changes to punish people for pausing and and the stuff with downloads has me thinking "do i really get a benefit out of this and should I just cancel"

Its me. Im the guy who has been supporting Humble Choice all this time.

In my defense, I usually just shrug at the offerings and forget that I could skip the month. Then the subscription rolls over and it repeats.

I am sorry.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I haven't paid too close attention since it was no longer the Monthly Bundle, where you got 10-12 games a month with usually one really great one.

I can't remember the last time I even bought a bundle, maybe from Fanatical, but I can recall like 5-6 years ago having 4 or more bundle sites that were worth checking up on every few weeks for good deals.

edit: lol I checked Indiegala for the first time in years and they have 2 hentai game bundles and one trashware bundle.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Jan 14, 2022

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

StrixNebulosa posted:

Genuinely happy this is happening. Might push me to actually finish up Elex instead of being intimidated by it again

I never would have made it beyond an hour (repeatedly owned) if I hadn't learned ITT about the initial several-hours-of-getting-killed by mobs breathing hard on you. I'm glad I stuck it out... really had a good time once I could kill anything reliably.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I feel like Fanaticals bundles are getting better.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Trickyblackjack posted:

I'm just happy Chris Evans is finally free to make other movies.

I enjoyed the one with his math-prodigy niece ("Gifted"), mainly because I both love math and am bad at math. Evans would be a cool bro to hang out with IRL, which seems to be a shared trait from many (not all) MCU actors/actresses. From Jackson to ScarJo, most of them seem to be halfway decent people.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Disposable Scud posted:

I feel like Fanaticals bundles are getting better.

fanatical is enjoyably janky and has some legit good deals

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Put boobs on it, get Geralt to sleep with it, and turn it into a collectible card.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Jerusalem posted:

Hitman 3 finally, goodbye to the next 300-400 hours of doing literally all the achievements and challenges from 1 and 2 all over again :hellyeah:

I was wondering about that, and https://profile.hitman.com/ does say nothing about carrying over achievements and challenges. But at least we'll have our shiny suits and killer toys.

Except the electrocution phone. I hear they removed that one because it was too OP (and it really was).

Edit: I was going to make a comment about terrible challenges that rely on physics like Slam Dunk and Tuppence A Wish, but apparently they also removed those for Hitman III. Good call, dev.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Jan 14, 2022

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Hitman 3 did a good job on removing all the bad poo poo from previous games.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Monster Hunter Rise people: Can you unlock all the village facilities through pure multiplayer? I've asked four people and so far two say yes and two say no. It's bizarre and I hate it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So you can paint over your ships in image editing if you want.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Synthbuttrange posted:

So you can paint over your ships in image editing if you want.

USS Cock-Pit bitmap almost finished…

This is Delta V, right? Gotta remember to get that on sale, quick!

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Yeah, Delta V is very good fun. I appreciate how it lets you install big old side bumpers so you can smash into minor asteroids with (relative) impunity. Also it's apparently a good idea to switch from gauss/railguns to a microwave emitter relatively soon, that way the mineral nuggets have way less relative velocity after you break open the asteroid and you can gather them much more easily.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
Annnd microwave pirates into crashing, if I read that right earlier.

Steam Thread is for learning!

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)
Re: vampire survivors -

I’ve pretty much beaten it for now, with 30min runs in both maps, and unlocked all weapons and characters. Getting evolved weapons owns big time, and is key to any winning run.

- there’s some pretty significant imbalance in the upgrades. Hollow heart is only ever worth getting if you have the whip. You die so quickly, the health never seems to make a difference. Same comment on armor. Whereas duplicator is a must for any run. (Also, Inhave no idea what gauntlet actually does) I hope there’s some rebalancing in later versions

- same with the weapons. Peachone/ebony wings are too unpredictable, and are just outperformed by every other weapon. Garlic is almost rendered obsolete by bible; though Garlic can still have a place in defusing bat swarms. And the whip, though awesome in early game because of its controllability, peters out endgame.

- that said, I tried for a non-directional run to see if it would work; holy water/runecaster/lightning/peach/ebony/fire wand. I could not, even with duplicators. It’s just too hard to survive minute 12. I think you still have to have either one directional (whip, knife) or proximity defense (wand/garlic/book) to let you frantically make a run for it, until you can snowball into death blob

Thanks for the recon on this one thread; best $3 I’ve spent in a long time!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Dalaram posted:

(Also, Inhave no idea what gauntlet actually does)

Increases projectile speed. Required for evolved Dagger, also good with Cross or Runetracer, otherwise seems useless.

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012
I don't get people that say bible is OP, when it's very viable, even on hyper, to make a build where enemies never get in bible range to begin with if you're standing still. Runetracer and cross are the actual ridiculous weapons.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Perestroika posted:

Yeah, Delta V is very good fun. I appreciate how it lets you install big old side bumpers so you can smash into minor asteroids with (relative) impunity. Also it's apparently a good idea to switch from gauss/railguns to a microwave emitter relatively soon, that way the mineral nuggets have way less relative velocity after you break open the asteroid and you can gather them much more easily.

I also had this same idea! Put a bumper on one side, rocket up to ridiculoous speeds and face the bumper in your direction of travel. This worked well until I basically splattered my ship across a giant asteroid while travelling at 150 m/s.

After that I learned to use the autopilot assist way better.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Re: Vampire Survivors, someone mentioned earlier that refresh rate impacts things like how high the axe flies. For me it always went really low and I struggled to even get it ascended once because it was so bad. Same thing with the cross, it barely flies forward and mostly hits things behind me. How do I change this magical refresh rate? There's nothing in the options.

Other than that I'm also almost done with the current content after 7 hours and eagerly awaiting patches with more areas, weapons and characters. Maybe some rebalancing of the old content too.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Neither Rise nor World have the best monster, Nerscylla. Therefore they tie with the lowest possible score you can give a triple A game- 4/5.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Oenis posted:

Re: Vampire Survivors, someone mentioned earlier that refresh rate impacts things like how high the axe flies. For me it always went really low and I struggled to even get it ascended once because it was so bad. Same thing with the cross, it barely flies forward and mostly hits things behind me. How do I change this magical refresh rate? There's nothing in the options.

Other than that I'm also almost done with the current content after 7 hours and eagerly awaiting patches with more areas, weapons and characters. Maybe some rebalancing of the old content too.

There isn’t a setting in the game. I had to do it by going into my display settings and dropping my refresh rate from 165hz to 60hz before I launch the game and it fixed the axes. There might be a better way to do it though.

Also once you’re done you gotta remember to put it back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Det_no posted:

Monster Hunter Rise people: Can you unlock all the village facilities through pure multiplayer? I've asked four people and so far two say yes and two say no. It's bizarre and I hate it.

My wife and I started last night and since we played through 100% on the Switch we've exclusively done multiplayer hub quests on the PC version and we have unlocked like rampages, switch skills, Rondine, meowcenaries, opening up the weapon trees in the shop, etc.

So yes you definitively get unlocks, but with the caveat that we only played like two hours so I can't say/remember if you unlock everything through multiplayer (ex: we unlocked the first trader spot, but maybe it's different for the remaining two?).

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jan 14, 2022