Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat
there was that "child with bad vibes, just unpleasant to be around" tweet some time back. dunno what the verdict was back then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Mr. Grapes! posted:

He has big Englishman Energy and hates 'foreign' food with a passion (we don't live in England). I warn him away but he is one of those guys that absolutely must be included in everything even if it is something he does not like.

Even the restaurant workers are now accustomed to him and the front-parlor grannies laugh openly when he walks in because they're gonna get a show of the giant bald white guy with a head like a boiled ham pacing around fanning himself and trying to earn an Oscar.

I swear we know the same guy.

I feel bad because I outright hate most anise-salmiakki* type flavors and that’s present way more where I live, but it’s something that even a hint of it makes me retchy, so I get it. And spice must be harder to avoid, especially if you haven’t been exposed to it at a younger age. But it’s one thing to not like something (or not tolerate it well), it’s another to sabotage another’s enjoyment of it. Like I’m not going to TNT a candy section at ICA because I don’t like black licorice in a salmiakki hate crime.

*there is a beer here that’s half salt liquorice/half raspberry flavored and gently caress me it’s drat good (Dugges Fifty Fifty, anything from them is worth a shot). I think THAT might be the only thing I like.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Is roid rage something you get on roids then wears off once it's done? I always assumed it just accumulated after taking it regularly.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

jazzyhattrick posted:

What do you even do if your kid is just an irredeemable piece of poo poo? Stick them them a cheap boarding school until you can cut contact when they turn 18?

And that little kid grew up to be President Donald J Trump

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Can we please stop talking about sichuan food because I want fuqifeipian so badly right now Im gonna cry.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Is roid rage something you get on roids then wears off once it's done? I always assumed it just accumulated after taking it regularly.

I think it's more likely to be some psychoactive pre-workout. Supplements are almost completely unregulated, and there's some mad poo poo in some of them. I swear I read something where there was a "pre workout" that was just meth.

https://www.discovermagazine.com/health/we-dont-really-know-whats-in-pre-workout-supplements

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alchenar posted:

And that little kid grew up to be President Donald J Trump

Nah, Trump is what happens when an irredeemable piece of poo poo is nurtured by their parents.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

jazzyhattrick posted:

Nah, Trump is what happens when an irredeemable piece of poo poo is nurtured by their parents.

They actively made him into one. His father was legendarily lovely.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Thanks to this thread my dan dan noodles craving has been satisfied

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Generally if someone is a flaming rear end in a top hat on roids they were a flaming rear end in a top hat before they started.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Cake smashing strikes me as a particular extension of prank culture where it rapidly evolved into a thin excuse for culturally acceptable abuse and assault with no boundaries or sense.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Fatkraken posted:

kid didn't get that way on her own. Mum and Dad did that. Mum fought HARD for custody, didn't want OP involved in raising the stepdaughter, and presumably pushed stepdaughter in that direction. Kid was like 9 when OP and Dad got together, and presumably younger when her folks got divorced, and this after being brought up by a mother who by all accounts is a complete piece of poo poo. THEN, after several years of being mums Special Little Girl who Dad is barely even allowed to see, Mum marries an arsehole, gets pregnant again and rejects the stepdaughter. She's sent away, to live with people she has been conditioned to reject and distrust.

I'm not saying she's safe to be around, she clearly isn't, but she was made this way, and the adults in the situation need to take responsibility for that.

This is my read on it. Stepdaughter is a teenager, or just barely past it, who's been weaponized as a football between her parents since she hit puberty. No goddamn wonder she's a mess.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Fatkraken posted:

I think it's more likely to be some psychoactive pre-workout. Supplements are almost completely unregulated, and there's some mad poo poo in some of them. I swear I read something where there was a "pre workout" that was just meth.

https://www.discovermagazine.com/health/we-dont-really-know-whats-in-pre-workout-supplements

Yeah it's probably speed or some unregulated "natrual" (lol) alternative marketed as a diet pill or energy booster.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

teen witch posted:

I swear we know the same guy.

I feel bad because I outright hate most anise-salmiakki* type flavors and that’s present way more where I live, but it’s something that even a hint of it makes me retchy, so I get it. And spice must be harder to avoid, especially if you haven’t been exposed to it at a younger age. But it’s one thing to not like something (or not tolerate it well), it’s another to sabotage another’s enjoyment of it. Like I’m not going to TNT a candy section at ICA because I don’t like black licorice in a salmiakki hate crime.

*there is a beer here that’s half salt liquorice/half raspberry flavored and gently caress me it’s drat good (Dugges Fifty Fifty, anything from them is worth a shot). I think THAT might be the only thing I like.

quote:

Sour - Fruited Berliner Weisse | 6% ABV Commercial Description: Give me a salty. SALTY! Give me a sour. SOUR! Give me a licorice. LICORICE! Give me a raspberry. RASPBERRY! Give me a candy. CANDY! You get the idea. Straight forward in all its complexity. Yummy!.

Features: Sour

Flavor: Raspberry, Salty

Size: 13 fl oz

I might just give it a try, just 'cause.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for telling my brothers pregnant wife she can give birth in an ally for all I care

quote:

So I (30m) have a (19m) half brother

He has been living with since he got married in December because my mother and he had falling out due to the fact he got married so young

I’m not gonna sugar coat it if I knew than what I know now I wouldn’t have let them move in Both him and his wife (19) are the worst house guest I’ve ever had

I say guest because they’re meant to be looking for work and a place of their own. I’ve made it clear from the get go it was temporary because I’ve 4 children myself (7f,5m,3f,1m) and my wife works from home

Since they have moved in they have complained about how loud mornings are and my cooking (I do all the cooking) because I rarely do anything spicy which my brothers wife craves. They’re messy and never pick up after themselves even moaned to my wife about never doing THEIR laundry nor making my brothers wife snacks during the day

They think me and my wife are their personal help/drivers than try and guilt us when we tell them “no” to 4am McDonald’s runs or my brothers wife’s rude comments but “hehe we are too young to know better”

It all came to a head this week when all our children were at home due to a bug going around nothing bad just schools/daycare in our area are extra careful. I couldn’t get the day off so unfortunately my wife had to deal with 6 children while trying to work

My bother and his wife demanded they all stay in one room and we get them take out so there’s no germs near their food. When my wife told them they should cook for once because she is extremely busy they filled out calling her a heartless Bitch for making a 5 month pregnant woman cook for 8 people and my brother clean while he was trying to sort out “business”

It got to the point of them screaming at my wife and my kids crying my wife had a anxiety attack

I rushed home when I got an sos text but my brother was waiting at the door crying about “not being our slave” and how he his pregnant wife is starving

When I got to my wife’s office and she explained everything I saw red, I told them they had 30 days to get out of my house and it was time they faced the real world

They both tried to argue with me explaining none of them can drive and my brother still hasn’t got a job i said I didn’t care. My brothers wife said that they’d end up homeless and if anything happened to my niece it was all my fault I told basically what the title says and she started crying calling me a heartless rear end in a top hat

I explained my situation to my sister and she called me a bad bastard for being so heartless to two teenagers but I asked her when she was letting them Move in she hung up

I’ve had multiple social media posts made about me and anger phone calls from since than from my sisters husband and my brothers friends

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
r/relationships: I asked her when she was letting them Move in she hung up

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for telling my brothers pregnant wife she can give birth in an ally for all I care

quote:

I explained my situation to my sister and she called me a bad bastard for being so heartless to two teenagers but I asked her when she was letting them Move in she hung up
Right into my veins :discourse:

E:

Fatkraken posted:

r/relationships: I asked her when she was letting them Move in she hung up

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Soylent Pudding posted:

Literally lived this a year or two ago. The brother and wife need to be left at a carnival to fend for themselves.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
My (22F) boyfriend (29M) is addicted to doritos and its straining our relationship

quote:

im sorry if that title sounds trolly, this is a real issue im facing and im coming to reddit because im at a loss for what i can do. basically, hes always loved doritos. they were his one little treat he'd give himself. but in the past 4 months or so his doritos consumption has been ramping up exponentially. I'll have to tell you about our last fight for you to understand why its a problem. I do the grocery shopping mainly because i enjoy cooking and trying new ingredients. Last thursday i got back from the shops only to realise i'd forgotten his doritos. i knew too late to go back and buy them because he goes through the shopping the moment i get home to get them. As he was riffling through the bags i realised how nervous i was for how he'd react, and rightfully so. he immediately balled up his fists and just said " you forgot my ritos" "how could you" "its my one thing". he started crying and i felt horrible but i couldnt even offer to go back and buy them because he ran off to our bedroom and has been there ever since. he wont do anything and i hear him crying. im at a loss completely about what to do, please help me. ive bought doritos but he wont come out to get them

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

*types up Facebook post berating someone into letting someone else move in with them*

I'm doing my part!

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

mediaphage posted:

My (22F) boyfriend (29M) is addicted to doritos and its straining our relationship

They didn't start making ritos with cocaine dusting or anything like that, right? :stare:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

mediaphage posted:

This reminds me of some lovely Jim Belushi movie where he's whining that his wife forgot to buy his favourite cereal except this dick comes off worse.

That's a hell of a thing.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

sephiRoth IRA posted:

They didn't start making ritos with cocaine dusting or anything like that, right? :stare:

It's called Cool Ranch for a reason.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

in other markets they're called Cool Columbian

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Cake smashing strikes me as a particular extension of prank culture where it rapidly evolved into a thin excuse for culturally acceptable abuse and assault with no boundaries or sense.

It's definitely gotten insane, much like every tradition around weddings and childbirth. The original idea as I understand it was feeding each other cake and "oh lol that got messy let's kiss now"

That got a laugh from a desperate, trapped wedding audience so the next couple had to up the ante. Now I'm guessing there's probably cake cannons and poo poo.

The thing I'd be scared of is like, you can't just slam someone's face into a cake without preparing for that. You don't know what's supporting that cake. People have ended up with dowels and poo poo speared through their eye because they think a giant decorated cake is just cake throughout.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

oh honey wouldn't it be cool if our cake was shaped like the London eye?

*cake is literally just dowels and fondant*

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Brawnfire posted:

It's definitely gotten insane, much like every tradition around weddings and childbirth. The original idea as I understand it was feeding each other cake and "oh lol that got messy let's kiss now"

That got a laugh from a desperate, trapped wedding audience so the next couple had to up the ante. Now I'm guessing there's probably cake cannons and poo poo.

The thing I'd be scared of is like, you can't just slam someone's face into a cake without preparing for that. You don't know what's supporting that cake. People have ended up with dowels and poo poo speared through their eye because they think a giant decorated cake is just cake throughout.

Cake cannons and forcible cake farting should definitely liven up weddings in the future.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Brawnfire posted:

Ugh those stories make me squirm out of my skin

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for uninviting my stepdad from my wedding so my brothers could come?

quote:

I f25 along with my two brothers Dean & Kevin (both 30s) went through rough time during our parents divorce, mom got married to my stepdad and we lived with him for years. Dean and Kevin never had a good relationship because they never wanted my mom and dad to separate in the first place, they resented my stepdad and limitied contact once they moved out. I, on the other hand got to live with my stepdad more since I'm the youngest and we established a somewhat stable relationship. Ngl he did what he could to help me out with school and everything, he even offered to fund my wedding which is going to be in 5 weeks time and I'm very grateful for that though this was his decision.

I sent Dean and Kevin invitations but once they found out that our stepdad was going to be there, they said they might not come. They took time to think then gave me an ultinatum stating that if our stepdad is coming then they won't be. I literally freaked out because I definately want my brothers to be at my wedding so badly and I tried talking to them but they were being stubborn, after talking to my fiance I had no choice but to politely uninvite my stepdad and sending him an email stating why. He said that he didn't reply but later I got a call from my mom yelling at me calling me hurtful stuff saying I was acting like an ungrateful b by excluding her husband from the wedding after everything he's done for me, I told her that my brothers threatened not to come which pushed me to make this difficult dicision because if it was for me I'd have everyone there. She cussed me out for prioritizing my hateful and cold hearted brothers over my stepdad and showing him that I'm not worthy of his grace which was really really hurtful for me to hear. After she hung up I asked my fiance if I made the wrong decision and je said it's my wedding and I get to decide eventually but I knew he said that because he's biased.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

limp_cheese posted:

I can see some pre-workouts doing this to her or if she's taking some kind of supplement.

Doesn't in ANY way excuse her behaviour and she should absolutely apologize to the staff and never go back there again.

I can't think of a bigger 🚩 than a personal trainer making the concoction themselves out of sight and handing it to her- and her mood changes because of it. Does she also just let strangers in bars give her drinks?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Brawnfire posted:

i would have literally immediately filed for divorce if i were surprised with that even with a big standard cake (i hate dumb cakes that are less rather than more edible)

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Doctor Butts posted:

I can't think of a bigger 🚩 than a personal trainer making the concoction themselves out of sight and handing it to her- and her mood changes because of it. Does she also just let strangers in bars give her drinks?

Yeah that's pretty weird. I wonder if he has stock of 30 year old ICOPRO or something

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

DACK FAYDEN posted:

We're doing gelato, I don't want to freeze my wife's nose off so I don't think I can do it either.

We did a Sichuan cake.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
Also, even if it's some weird anger potion causing her rage, how does she wake up the next day aware enough to apologize to her SO but somehow not feel guilty at all about her treatment of people at the gym? If I had a freak rage incident and made a gym staff member cry, I'd be so ashamed I'd never go back and just continue paying the fee out of guilt. I'd be sending a handwritten apology card and like Starbucks gift cards for the whole staff or something before I'd dream of showing my face there again. The fact that she can just waltz right back in and do it again raises an eyebrow for me about how this "sweet" person operates.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

Tenkaris posted:

I’ve been swiping through the dating apps recently (do not recommend,) and the number of women who put “Just a Pam looking for her Jim” is staggering.

Am I the only one that thought this was a reference to Jim Morrison and Pam Courson?

Tell me you are old without telling me you are old.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for uninviting my stepdad from my wedding so my brothers could come?

You probably made the wrong decision, but lol at your fiancé.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Ethiser posted:

but lol at your fiancé.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for calling my gf psychotic for believing her dolls were alive?

quote:

My gf and I are both in our mid 20s. She brought me to her childhood home. She has tons of stuffed dolls and animals. Like a ton.

She got really excited in seeing her childhood toys and quickly started explaining to me how she named each one and remembered almost all of them still. She and her mom hand-sewn clothes for each of her stuffed animals and she'd put old bracelets as jewelry on them. She was super happy to see them again and explained to me how she would make up back stories for them as a kid and they all had unique personalities and families. She jokingly said she believed they were real because of toy story.

This was all so much and I jokingly said "You were psychotic as a child." But I guess my tone sounded rather serious. She got offended immediately. She said that she was a normal child and she just liked to play. I tried to just say itbwas just a joke but she got really upset at me and stormed off. Now I feel like an rear end in a top hat.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

sugar free jazz posted:

this one time i was making dinner for a girl and was like hey you're gonna love this flavor, and i took a whole cup of salt (Mediterranean - Greek evaporated, Berdina estate, fine grain 2019) and put it in the chicken noodle soup i was making and she didn't see. Well, when she tried it she was like omg that's so salty!!!! and i was like lol that's weakness and i chugged the rest of that soup and drank so much water it was crazy

This is a very funny gimmick.

AITA for refusing to pay for mechanic to tighten my wheel?

quote:

I got my rear brakes changed by a Kia service center for my 2013 Kia Optima 4 days ago but yesterday my front left tire started making a horrible creaking noise.

So this morning I called the service center and they said I could bring my car in at noon. I brought it in and the drive there was stressful to say the least. I had to take the highway for part of my drive and when I hit 70 mph the car started shaking horribly and it felt extremely unsafe. I tried my best to go slow and make it to the service center in one piece. Once I got there it took 2 hours for me to find out the lug nuts on my front left tire were very loose. I’m no mechanic but I’m pretty sure this is like a very basic part of the job because the lug nuts are the 5 big nuts used to change a tire (correct me if I’m wrong).

So the service guy tells me what’s wrong and I get very confused and I asked if they were able to fix it. He then said they were but their service records indicate that they only worked on the rear tires and they have no idea how the front left tire came loose and that I “technically” owed them 150 dollars. Then I got really confused so I began to argue with the service guy refusing to pay because I believed it was their fault. I was really scared that I had to pay because the brakes already cost 650 dollars to change so I kept saying “I just came in a few days ago to get my brakes replaced I’ve never had this issue before now”. My tone wasn’t rude I think I was just really confused and scared that I had to pay 150 dollars. The guy then got really angry with me and aggressively said “it’s fine we won’t charge you today.” He tried to get me out of there as fast as possible by immediately sending me to the cashier in a different part of the building to sign some paperwork. After I signed it he brought my car around and just said “the keys on the dashboard” with the same angry tone and just walked away.

I could clearly tell he was upset with me and honestly I don’t think I said or did anything wrong. The tire was loose and I have no way of loosening my tires. So did I say something wrong? Am I the rear end in a top hat for refusing to pay 150 dollars for a technician to tighten my lug nuts that I’m pretty sure they left loose on accident?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Brawnfire posted:

I'm just waiting for gender reveal parties to replace COVID as the leading cause of death among Republicans

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jan 14, 2022