Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Wasn't he the guy that went around yell at people that gave bad reviews to games he did VA work in, even if that game sucked through no fault of his own?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

christmas boots posted:

I like Troy Baker but he’s always seemed up his own rear end a little bit

I used to watch the let's play videos he makes with Nolan North and that's exactly how I'd describe him. Maybe I'd leave out the "a little bit".

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The only VA who's played both Batman and the Joker in the same work, rough but figures there's something dodgy.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Lol

https://twitter.com/isyourguy/status/1481890369189343234?t=yTPdt3BRgP0OczPya5yFqA&s=19

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
"Let's use our likeness to promote a project that'll make our jobs obsolete! This can't misfire at all, surely."

Re: Karl Jobst, it's fine to disagree but please use your indoor words.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Zetsubou-san posted:

i thought i imagined that movie

Me too what the gently caress.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Arivia posted:

This is demonstrably incorrect, Jobst talked about it at length in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_jcpig-C2s

e: and he leaves it up to you whether you want to keep watching his stuff or not, so whatever choice anyone makes is of course fine. I'm just pointing out that Karl Jobst has actually addressed the issue head on publicly.

Sounds like any semi-legitimate excuse not to watch videos about speedrunning would be a massive advantage for pretty much anybody.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

steinrokkan posted:

Sounds like any semi-legitimate excuse not to watch videos about speedrunning would be a massive advantage for pretty much anybody.

Speedrun videos can be pretty great watching, IMO. this is pretty much the cream of the crop if they haven’t grabbed you before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBR9ypSOTGQ

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I enjoy this one on the basis that it is funny to imagine this is how gordon behaves normally at work, just flying around the test chamber wiggling side to side like a weird eel.

And also the reason he is half an hour late to work is deliberate because clearly he does not need to be if he does not want to be.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Memento posted:

There's one named rwhitegoose who is all in on anti-Semitism and poo poo, plenty of screenshots of him talking about The Jewish Question, for example, and Jobst continues to support him, collaborate with him and not say a single word about it when asked.

Yeah just learned about that guy when I looked up Jobst. I was talking about Tomatoanus, who cut ties in September and said people have a responsibility to learn who they're really friends with/platform.

christmas boots posted:

I like Troy Baker but he’s always seemed up his own rear end a little bit

https://twitter.com/TroyBakerVA/status/1277353529791770624

Weird that this is the only criticism of Schrier's, who did a lot of reporting Naughty Dog's abusive work culture and crunch, that Baker took offense too.

He also quit twitter because he retweeted a transphobic joke, and warned us that adding female characters to games might tokenize them and actually make sexism worse!!!

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Quoting for new page:

Garrand posted:

He also hilariously tried to dabble in PUA poo poo back in like 2014.

The perfect way to appeal to shy/neurotic/OCD types: have the book title facing the wrong way on the spine. There's no correct way to put this book on a shelf! :argh:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Powered Descent posted:

Quoting for new page:

The perfect way to appeal to shy/neurotic/OCD types: have the book title facing the wrong way on the spine. There's no correct way to put this book on a shelf! :argh:

that's not the wrong way, it's the commonly used way outside of US/UK. lots of books are printed like that.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Arivia posted:

that's not the wrong way, it's the commonly used way outside of US/UK. lots of books are printed like that.

Ew

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

used to be a thing in the UK too https://www.librarything.com/topic/87531

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
there's rules/guidelines? didnt know that, i volunteer at the library a ton and the way titles on spine are seems random.

also the best books are large print because they all have the same height.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

PhazonLink posted:

there's rules/guidelines? didnt know that, i volunteer at the library a ton and the way titles on spine are seems random.

also the best books are large print because they all have the same height.

Arent't they all printed by the same house or something? It'd make sense. They can't be a huge profit center so there's probably just an easy template for them all.

Regarde Aduck posted:

so the bad art designed to cause disgust has to be on purpose right? Possibly to single us out when they start putting no-coiners in camps?

Anecdote: I've had a couple of NFT groups reach out to me asking if the sub I mod wants to "partner" with them on an NFT launch, and it's always this exact type of art, almost as if it were made in a Picrew or something. I've yet to ever seen anyone launch an NFT that wasn't along those lines. Like, I get that it's a scam, but the degree to which it's obvious and people refuse to believe just... Gets to me somehow.

Neito has a new favorite as of 18:19 on Jan 14, 2022

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Arivia posted:

Speedrun videos can be pretty great watching, IMO. this is pretty much the cream of the crop if they haven’t grabbed you before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBR9ypSOTGQ

Summoning salt is great. It's not quite 30for30 for speed running, but it's in the ball park.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
I have a couple old books like that, if you're lining them up cover to cover just flip it

when you pull it out take off the cover, put it on with the cover right side up, and be able to read upside down

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Why is a speed running video an hour long? You could beat the game slowly in less time than that.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Inceltown posted:

Why is a speed running video an hour long? You could beat the game slowly in less time than that.

there's recordings of actual speedruns and then analyses of speedruns, their development, etc. summoning salt's videos are mostly the latter so you've got lots of different individual speedruns compared and presented in a pleasing narrative.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

^^ Their video on Super Mario Bros speedruns hitting the human limit on what can be done is also quite enjoyable.

Ambitious Spider posted:

Summoning salt is great. It's not quite 30for30 for speed running, but it's in the ball park.
You're not wrong, but "30 for 30 for speedrunning" is a hilarious phrase.

Zero_Grade has a new favorite as of 18:42 on Jan 14, 2022

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Zero_Grade posted:

^^ Their video on Super Mario Bros speedruns hitting the human limit on what can be done is also quite enjoyable.

All of Summoning Salt's videos are great, IMO. The Matt Turk one was just what I linked because it's so immediately digestible and accessible: "how the gently caress do we as a community collectively beat Matt Turk." It's the purest distillation of how Summoning Salt sets up progressions, and it's exciting to see it develop. The other video that's really like that is that one with the two guys repeatedly hoarding and blasting each other out of the water with mario kart 64 records but that's kinda depressing so I didn't link it.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TP6kER1MAw

This is the best one

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/MForstater/status/1481613125505986563

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Today I learned I am a formless sphere who interacts purely through osmosis.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
I wish that person would fall into a hole and break their whole spine

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Women have genus 1 and men have genus 0. That's just math.

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

OwlFancier posted:

Today I learned I am a formless sphere who interacts purely through osmosis.

god, i wish that were me

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

nurmie posted:

god, i wish that were me

You're allowed to transition. You can take hormones and become isomorphic to a sphere.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Dr. Stab posted:

Women have genus 1 and men have genus 0. That's just math.

the woman hole is also a blind hole and not a true hole. also people have 7 holes. unless they get body mods or they get shot.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Neito posted:

Arent't they all printed by the same house or something? It'd make sense. They can't be a huge profit center so there's probably just an easy template for them all.

Yeah, Random House :dadjoke:

Anyway who would print a spine so when you lay the book down flat the spine reads upside down

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Data Graham posted:

Yeah, Random House :dadjoke:

Anyway who would print a spine so when you lay the book down flat the spine reads upside down

Maybe I'm a weirdo but I almost always put a book down based on where I am in the book. If I'm in the first third of the book, I'll put it down on its front cover. If I'm in the last third, I'll put it down on its back cover. Just to keep the cover from curling too much I guess? I'm very conscious about maintaining my paperbacks' covers, especially if they're ones whose art I like.

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

Dr. Stab posted:

You're allowed to transition. You can take hormones and become isomorphic to a sphere.

personally i was always partial to being vaguely capsule-shaped

being a torus would own too, though

e: i was just struck by a reasilsation that i'm already a torus. life just bacame a little bit brighter

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

nurmie posted:

personally i was always partial to being vaguely capsule-shaped

being a torus would own too, though

Capsule-shaped is isomorphic to a sphere. That's the great thing about gender. There's no one right way to be a man. You can be any kind of man you want (unless you have one or more holes)

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Already gone so I assume it was real stupid.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Zero_Grade posted:

Stupid AND cowardly. Best of both worlds, right on Twitter.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Zero_Grade posted:

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
something about how woman = hole and men = hole-filler?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

won't somebody think of the holes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I'm a man and I can't STOP thinking about them! It's in my nature