Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Snowy posted:

Speaking of live shows I went to one before Christmas and I think I got covid that night. It was Primitive Man, Blood Incantation, Sissy Spacek, Withered, and Jarhead Fertilizer

Saint Vitus went back to requiring masks but I don’t think it was good enough. Almost everyone was good about it though

Sissy Spacek throwing around garbage cans and broken cymbals

Blood Incantation

Primitive Man played Immersion in full

I went to the Boston date of this, it was rad, Sissy Spacek was amazing and I love that Jarhead Fertilizer LP, fans of Mortician should def check it out if they haven't.

I also thought I might've caught covid at that show but thankfully tested negative. Probably my last show for the forseeable future though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

New Dødskvad dropped early, Norwegian dm supergroup with members of Desolation Realm, Sovereign, and Obliteration. It loving rules and I'm begging them to do a vinyl release of both demos on one record.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I really enjoy Dark Fortress and their take on Black Metal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4piWegcP8iA

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Abbath back to his old tricks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq6CTdDVARk

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Vargatron posted:

I really enjoy Dark Fortress and their take on Black Metal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4piWegcP8iA

Dark Fortress rule, Tales from Eternal Dusk is like a top 5 meloblack album

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

This is pretty good. I kinda thought that he was done, given how much of a mess he was on tour pre-covid. I've always had a soft spot for his solo stuff.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Came here to post this. I should have known someone would beat me to it.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

I just got some spam notifying me that Megadeth is touring this year and thought about going for about five seconds until I remembered that they kept releasing stuff after the early 90s. But the thought lasted long enough for me to read this

quote:

• $Megadeth Coin holder Presale
Wednesday, January 12 @ 11am local time
Unique codes will be available on the Megadeth Coin Rewards page starting Wednesday January 12 at 8am local time here: getbonfire.xyz/megadeth

Must have at least 1$Mega in order to participate. 4 ticket limit per show – 4 show limit.
Cyber Army members – claim your free Megadeth Coin now: megadeth.com/mega-coin

thanks, 2022

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Irony.or.Death posted:

I just got some spam notifying me that Megadeth is touring this year and thought about going for about five seconds until I remembered that they kept releasing stuff after the early 90s. But the thought lasted long enough for me to read this

thanks, 2022

Lol it’s both completely on brand and unbelievable.

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Is that not just a way to keep out scalpers?

EvilMoJoJoJo
Dec 9, 2004

ask me about leaving the cult of black metal and bringing jesus into your life

Job 19:17

Nazzadan posted:

Dark Fortress rule, Tales from Eternal Dusk is like a top 5 meloblack album

Eidolon is an amazing album and the Tom G Warrior guest bit on "Baphomet" is excellent. I kind of tuned out after Ylem, though.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Friday release day:

Effluence / Blowtorch split, brutal death
Mikau, deathcore
Nameless Mist, atmoblack
Party Cannon, brutal death :toot:
Mizmor, funeral doom
Ilium, pm
Shadow of Intent, melodeathcore
Fit for an Autopsy, deathcore
Enterprise Earth, melodeathcore
Wiegedood on non-BC, bm
Ereb Altor, bm
Worm Shepherd, deathcore
Eliminator, trad
Aethereus, tech death
Maule, trad
Wolfbastard, blackened d-beat
Nogothula, dm
Torn from the Womb, brutal death
Infirmum, doom

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Do people actually listen to Party Cannon or do they exist to stand out on festival posters?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

Do people actually listen to Party Cannon or do they exist to stand out on festival posters?

Yeah the shtick was funny for about 30 seconds when they first came out now its lame and the music sucks.

Tbh wasnt even that funny to begin with

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
It was funny.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Worm Shepherd was surprisingly good, kinda like Monolith Deathcult without the poo poo sense of humor and occasionally they dipped down to some really deep brutal stuff.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

the riffs are fun

in a world where most metal bands are way too far up their own rear end, i appreciate party cannon for what they do

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Bushmeister posted:

Worm Shepherd was surprisingly good, kinda like Monolith Deathcult without the poo poo sense of humor and occasionally they dipped down to some really deep brutal stuff.

Now I'm thinking about Triumvirate and how good it is.

My favorite thing about Monolith Deathcult is a comment under a single off their newest album. Someone said "Really love the new sound you guys are going in," and the band responded "We aren't, this is the same as the last two albums?"

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i unironically like party cannon a lot

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
here is something cool i found today

https://goredembrace.bandcamp.com/album/promo-2022

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Idk man I just hate bands that revolve around dumb shticks

*proceeds to listen to a 2 minute horror movie sample followed by 45 seconds of Mortician*

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Nazzadan posted:

Now I'm thinking about Triumvirate and how good it is.

My favorite thing about Monolith Deathcult is a comment under a single off their newest album. Someone said "Really love the new sound you guys are going in," and the band responded "We aren't, this is the same as the last two albums?"

Haven't listened to V1 or V2 but V3 was solid, apart from the faux-Alex Jones intro/outro skits. If the two earlier ones were more of the same, sounds like a solid pickup to me.

And yeah Trivmvirate owns hard. "I Spew Thee Out Of My Mouth" has been on a ton of personal playlists since the release of that album.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I don’t have much interest in listening to Party Cannon but I love them for their logo and how it made for some classic flyers

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
their only shtick is that they have a funny logo. other than that its quality slam.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Snowy posted:

I don’t have much interest in listening to Party Cannon but I love them for their logo and how it made for some classic flyers

It's slam. If you like slam then you'll like party cannon. If it wasn't for the logo no one would know them

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I'm considering a move this year toward checking out whatever the coolest named band is in Nazzadan's weekly dumps, so I'm giving this Worm Shepherd album a fair shake even though deathcore isn't my bag. Interesting to fuse that sound with bombastic symphonic trappings.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Nazzadan posted:

Friday release day:

Wolfbastard, blackened d-beat

I gotta wonder if the drummer for Wolfbastard used to be a professional cyclist or long distance runner because there's almost never a moment without double bass on this record

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I'm considering a move this year toward checking out whatever the coolest named band is in Nazzadan's weekly dumps, so I'm giving this Worm Shepherd album a fair shake even though deathcore isn't my bag. Interesting to fuse that sound with bombastic symphonic trappings.

I'm finishing it up right now and it is very good. Blackened deathcore is a really cool direction for the genre to move (stuff like Lorna Shore, Bog Wraith, Make Them Suffer, etc.) and this album does it well. It's got some well placed slams, heavy breakdowns, and real gross vocals that remind me of Will of now Lorna Shore fame.

Spanish Manlove posted:

I gotta wonder if the drummer for Wolfbastard used to be a professional cyclist or long distance runner because there's almost never a moment without double bass on this record

And now this comment is making me skip down to do this next

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

Worm Sheperd starts promising, but I couldn't get into their deathcore elements at all. I really dislike that subgenre in general, but I think it's really good that there exist some bands trying new things.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The vocals are cool but it's pretty monotonous

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

In the middle of Wolfbastard me and my buddy go "this is really good but this just seems more like black thrash than blackened d-beat" and like 10 seconds later the chorus of the song is just repeatedly saying 'Black thrashing metal' and we went "oh well, there ya go."

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Yeah I got super excited for blackened D-beat then was very confused at no d-beats and literally no drum beat other than double bass

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I've never been a Party Cannon guy despite liking bd/slam but this one sounds better so far? I'ma give it a chance.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Nazzadan posted:

Friday release day:
Aethereus, tech death

Really digging Aethereus, picked that one up.

BurningBeard posted:

Some time ago, before the world was wreathed in plague, and around maybe when I first stumbled on this thread, someone mentioned this album. It’s so loving good and has become a dark horse favorite of mine over the years.

https://youtu.be/tO4YiudlK0w

I went back and listened to this album again after never really giving it a shot despite liking Reanimation. Inadequacy slays.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSfFI3xW3zw

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Aborted is one of my favorite bands I haven't listened to since Goremageddon, and apparently they still have new music?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqolrLALUOY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxES2ziBy2E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCGOyvfzd-U

loving rules!

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jan 15, 2022

Cynicus
May 1, 2008

owling furies.

Nazzadan posted:

In the middle of Wolfbastard me and my buddy go "this is really good but this just seems more like black thrash than blackened d-beat" and like 10 seconds later the chorus of the song is just repeatedly saying 'Black thrashing metal' and we went "oh well, there ya go."

it's great.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

This is real goddamn solid. Quality trad with just a nice little smidge of this thrashy edge to it.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/metaltxt/status/1482573983710994435?t=rHx5tzESykGILc5pgl-F8A&s=19

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Should have been Fear Emptiness Despair. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
undeath's new record pre-orders are up, vinyl available for those into that thing

https://undeath.bandcamp.com/album/its-time-to-rise-from-the-grave