Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
imo theres likely to be balkanization but that could also happen in a world with no impending doom. i think there's always going to be some pretty big governments somewhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I do not understand what is going on, but I see some fresh sneakers and delicious kool aid. While I'm sipping on this could you tell me the story of this green lizard that's making Leper Colony watchers mad?

vyelkin posted:

I honestly had trouble following who did and didn't want one (because I am very stupid), so for the sake of my sanity just quote this post if you want a sixer with a bdelloid rotifer as the image

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

vyelkin posted:

I honestly had trouble following who did and didn't want one (because I am very stupid), so for the sake of my sanity just quote this post if you want a sixer with a bdelloid rotifer as the image

Who wouldn't want that little cutie adorning their rap sheet?

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Sorry funny-come-latelies, vyelkin posted in QCS that he won't be granting the funny image probe anymore.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
gonna call it here since it turns out people care about the Leper's Colony and also because skull.gif has a point that this has gone on long enough, thanks everyone for playing, glad we all had a good time

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
https://twitter.com/Ben_Domensino/status/1481580312077672448?t=jD8gEXDBQHdnmKq4k0yV9Q&s=19

E: and also
https://twitter.com/vanessa_vash/status/1481993409527177221?t=MO0Q4g7zNA50BHpF764rPg&s=19

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

vyelkin posted:

gonna call it here since it turns out people care about the Leper's Colony and also because skull.gif has a point that this has gone on long enough, thanks everyone for playing, glad we all had a good time

coward

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

You were looking for a new superman sign. Pop the lil green guy on there.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

KirbyKhan posted:

You were looking for a new superman sign. Pop the lil green guy on there.

:hmmyes: thanks, I'll do it today

Cosmic Web
Jan 11, 2005

"Stand and deliver, that my hamster might have a better look at you!"
Fun Shoe

Relevant Tangent posted:

Who wouldn't want that little cutie adorning their rap sheet?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

mediaphage posted:

imo theres likely to be balkanization but that could also happen in a world with no impending doom. i think there's always going to be some pretty big governments somewhere

china will most likely remain stable, but like at the same time china could go "you know what, we're tired of supporting the rest of the planet when we're facing our own crises". that itself could cause irreparable cracks in the globalization system

developed nations are incredibly interlinked with basically zero redundancies

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

yo mods, can I get a sixer with this on my rap sheet

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

AceClown posted:

yo mods, can I get a sixer with this on my rap sheet

You're not allowed to have fun anymore 2 people got angry

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

You're not allowed to have fun anymore 2 people got angry

realtalk, skull.gif pointing out that the sixers were taking over the thread and crowding out other discussion was the most influential factor in my thinking here. I think two days was enough for this particular joke.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

vyelkin posted:

realtalk, skull.gif pointing out that the sixers were taking over the thread and crowding out other discussion was the most influential factor in my thinking here. I think two days was enough for this particular joke.

The world will still be ending in a couple days there's no harm in letting people enjoy the little green ghoulies

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

vyelkin posted:

such a productive thread you wouldn't want to ruin it with fun when instead we could be fixing the planet

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
probe me with the reason being a screenshot of that bitchmade QCS thread OP

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

vyelkin posted:

Thank you, it was delightful and generated a QCS thread that was actually worth reading. Would never have thought the arse end of a microscopic creature who can dry herself out to live to 10s of thousands of years and doesn't need males to reproduce could gain so much traction. I think there might be some life lessons there.

We now return to our normal programming, watching the world burn up/down/sideways, with massive periodic mud slides to relieve the boredom.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Alright let's get this thread back on track, two days is long enough:

lol, lmao

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I had a gut feeling that someone was going to complain to qqCS.

lmao loving karens.

Lackmaster
Mar 1, 2011
I thought the pic was funny but it was getting stale and I’m glad it’s over thanks for coming to my ted talk

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Alright let's get this thread back on track, two days is long enough:

lol, lmao

as you wish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbDnLiu6DCE

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Here's a reason to probe me. qnqnx is a lil fun hating bitch. Importing drama. This pic plz

500 good dogs posted:

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Lackmaster posted:

I thought the pic was funny but it was getting stale and I’m glad it’s over thanks for coming to my ted talk

It was but I was hoping we would do the tribbles version for a bit just to tie it up as a joke

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

500 good dogs posted:

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

vyelkin posted:

I agreed with skull.gif until that qcs thread. Disappointed that whiny little bithc OP didn't eat a green guy probe for it.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Who knows maybe this little episode in forums history brought a bunch of new people to thread to get crack pinged. Quick, everyone post the horrifying charts and maps

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

if you want to continue to talk about the rotifer thing, take into consideration that 1. there's other stuff to be unleashed from the permafrost 2. the global covid response of the past two years is as good as we'll get for "general pandemic response" and future pandemics will be handled in a far worse manner

let it melt

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I JUST CANT THWAITES FOR THE MELT WATER PULSE

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
There's a leper's colony??

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

KirbyKhan posted:

Here's a reason to probe me. qnqnx is a lil fun hating bitch. Importing drama. This pic plz

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

if you want to continue to talk about the rotifer thing, take into consideration that 1. there's other stuff to be unleashed from the permafrost 2. the global covid response of the past two years is as good as we'll get for "general pandemic response" and future pandemics will be handled in a far worse manner

let it melt

yeah covid for sure is just the tutorial round for the real fun stuff that's going to get going in the future. between permafrost melting and increased zoonotics due to climate stressors (on both animal and human populations) biosecurity is by far the more pressing climate impact over slow rear end poo poo like sea level rise.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

silicone thrills posted:

I JUST CANT THWAITES FOR THE MELT WATER PULSE

Trying to fit this into that song from the lion king

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
i did not bandwagon the probe thing, but this, this i must at least emptyquote. if this counts as me continuing a derail, i have some ideas about what probe image you could use.

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.
Fuckin' hilarious

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

tiberion02 posted:

Fuckin' hilarious

lmao also oh man

quote:

It's cool how it's illegal to spam post as a user but if you're a mod doing it on a public tracker, well, that's different.

jesus christ

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

Just make a gang tag sheesh

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

like periodically i wonder how hosed up i am compared to the population like i'm pretty nerdy and introverted and then i read this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

Basic Poster posted:

Just make a gang tag sheesh

very nice i like posted:

hot off the presses: