Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Orange Devil posted:

Isn't this just a way to avoid gift and inheritance taxes or whatever so you can shuffle wealth towards the next generation tax free?

Nah. US citizens get an $11M lifetime exception (per gifting individual) and if you’re leaving more than that then you get people to construct easier schemes to manage than laundering money through a Shopify store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Subjunctive posted:

Nah. US citizens get an $11M lifetime exception (per gifting individual) and if you’re leaving more than that then you get people to construct easier schemes to manage than laundering money through a Shopify store.

They're Australians, but yeah this seems a lot less like structuring wealth transfers and a lot more like a psychopath of a mom using her kids as marketing and branding material. Like the fact that she seems to consider her PR firm to be her "primary" business, and how the article lists several times they "made headlines" by doing something ~outrageous~ etc. really points to something beyond "setting up legal machinery to avoid paying taxes".

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Shame Boy posted:

They're Australians

Quite right, in which case there are no gift taxes to worry about at all.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Shame Boy posted:

They're Australians, but yeah this seems a lot less like structuring wealth transfers and a lot more like a psychopath of a mom using her kids as marketing and branding material. Like the fact that she seems to consider her PR firm to be her "primary" business, and how the article lists several times they "made headlines" by doing something ~outrageous~ etc. really points to something beyond "setting up legal machinery to avoid paying taxes".

I question the PR skills of somebody who thinks sweaty Betty is an appealing name but I guess it’s working out for her

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I question the PR skills of somebody who thinks sweaty Betty is an appealing name but I guess it’s working out for her

I just assumed it sounded more appealing to the Australian ear or something

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Shame Boy posted:

I just assumed it sounded more appealing to the Australian ear or something

Yeah if you have done anything active or it's an especially hot day you might describe yourself as a "Sweaty Betty", it's pretty normal (for certain values of normal)

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Failed Imagineer posted:

Yeah if you have done anything active or it's an especially hot day you might describe yourself as a "Sweaty Betty", it's pretty normal (for certain values of normal)

That must be regional because I've never heard it in my life

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

GotLag posted:

Sorry I skipped a few steps there - it's common in the UK, where Sweaty Betty the clothes company started, and which according to wiki the Sweaty Betty PR company is named after. Although there doesn't seem to be any connection between the 2 companies so it's mystifying in a different way

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

GotLag posted:

It's an Albany expression

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
I have no idea what this woman looks like but I expect her to resemble Michelle Bachmann.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

We're bringing back everything else about the great depression, what's a few railroad dicks?

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

jeebus bob posted:

Quick question...

What gently caress is this?

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

what do you mean you people?

what do you mean you people?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Orange Devil posted:

I have no idea what this woman looks like but I expect her to resemble Michelle Bachmann.

Not that far off:

This wedding photo was in the news article for some goddamn reason.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Also the husband looks like some kinda cross between Eric Trump and Max Headroom

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

That is the whitest thing I've ever looked at

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Zurtilik posted:

Quick question...

looks like a screen grab from a video where a person with fake rear end cheek implants is flipping them over.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Shame Boy posted:

Not that far off:

He actually looks pretty sweaty in that pale way. Pallid? Clammy? Sweaty Betty and Clammy Clancy?

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID5rCHA4m3g

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Zurtilik posted:

Quick question...

a foot?

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

GotLag posted:

i got hyperhidrosis but only for anime titty avatars

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Zurtilik posted:

Quick question...

The butt implant theory someone suggested is probably pretty close.
It was the first Google image search result for my title which is a partial quote from a thread where some goon (not me) tried to devil's advocate a clear cut case of sexual assault with an explanation that was equal parts misogyny and racism.

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

mkvltra posted:

You people are loving losers

I won't argue with that :smith:

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Shame Boy posted:

Not that far off:

Big stock photo energy.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Zurtilik posted:

Quick question...

It's an rear end implant gone wrong but whatever you do don't google that phrase.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

jeebus bob posted:

we call them steamed bettys

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Shame Boy posted:

They’re doing a scammo every arvo so they don’t have pay a taxo. loving legends.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Epic High Five posted:

It's funny how the only reason this was a surprise to anybody was which side of the digital divide it was on. Like literally every single thing he did that didn't pass muster with Nickelodeon censors was insanely depraved and horny, but nobody saw it because there was no YouTube or Patreon and the like

Ren and Stimpy was pissing off the Nick censors so much that other shows got away with poo poo because it wasn't as bad in comparison

Rocko's Modern Life has aged well

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Shame Boy posted:

Also the husband looks like some kinda cross between Eric Trump and Max Headroom

I'm getting Kier Starmer vibes

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm getting Kier Starmer vibes

You're right, he does look like a bit of a oval office

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Rocko's Modern Life has aged well

rockos modern life had 'chokey chicken' the restaurant and a board game called 'spank the monkey' and an episode where their neighbors had a backyard nudist colony.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Meanwhile in Denmark, we got John Willy-Wang (my loose translation), a public service show for kids about a guy with huge weiner:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

BonHair posted:

Meanwhile in Denmark, we got John Willy-Wang (my loose translation), a public service show for kids about a guy with huge weiner:

drat carl from athf has a hog

simmyb
Sep 29, 2005

BonHair posted:

Where's Willy?

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

simmyb posted:

Where's Willy?

lol

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Jazerus posted:

Alas, it don't matta. don't none of that matta

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Jazerus posted:

is that really a hog

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

whaley posted:

is that really a hog

30-50 feet of hog.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

SplitSoul posted:

30-50 feet of hog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Somewhat monthly Vancouver real estate update

https://twitter.com/mortimer_1/status/1482832163506573312?t=HFlU25ugxXjhqvhAQsgyfQ&s=19