Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Mozaki Mage is the cancer waiting to be unleashed because it destroys any deck that tries to make a game beyond turn 7. Which wouldn't be a problem if it also wasn't exceptional at stalling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Beasteh posted:

You'll notice that the classes who can't turbo through their entire deck by 5 aren't played right now which are warrior, priest and hunter (you see them, but they are merely disguises)

https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/drr/classarchetype-distribution-data-reaper-report/

People are still playing a lot of Warrior, just not at high ranks. VS has Warrior at like 10% of the meta at all ranks (hsreplay has it closer to 15%, but I don't know how/if they account for disguised Rogues). Hunter is still 8%, and Warlock and DH both have lower play rates than Priest.

Rogue is really strong so more people are playing it, especially at top legend. But there is a ton of diversity in the game right now across all of ladder and drawing cards is part of what supports that.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Lister posted:

Update on mercenaries: It seems like they've totally shut off bots in PvP. Team comp and rating level seem to have no effect on it. It could still be connected to hidden MMR but I doubt it. Even at 3-5 minutes in queue it wont put me into a bot game.

I also opened a merc pack that I had in reserve for fun and got an epic portrait. I don't have every epic merc so I shouldn't have gotten it, right? Well, I do have enough coins to craft all the epics I don't have. So it seems like that's being taken into account for whether or not you have them, which is pretty annoying.

The portrait drops are independent of merc dupe protection

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Nerf scabbs, nuke wildpaw into the ground should be enough, right?

Lol at Wildfire Mage being the top played sub diamond deck.

1st_Panzer_Div. fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jan 14, 2022

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
The problem cards in the current Rogue decks are Garotte and Mr Smite. The decks would probably be ok if they didn't have an inevitable built in kill switch.

Wildpaw Gnoll is clearly an OP card but it's not the ultimately determining factor of the deck and could exist in the role as the card that allows various Rogue archetypes to get off the ground. Steamrolling into an inevitable kill combo is what makes it sucky.

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?
I think wildpaw gnoll would probably be fine if it didn’t interact degenerately with garona.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

If they make it a 3/5 that's probably still very good without deleting the card. 4/4 would probably be too good still. Or just slap another mana into it but I don't think that's the way to go.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Nerf scabbs, nuke wildpaw into the ground should be enough, right?

Lol at Wildfire Mage being the top played sub diamond deck.

Nerf Scabbs, Gnoll & Cloak, maybe Swinetusk, nerf Mozaki mage to unplayability until it rotates

They could also just early rotate Mozaki and Secret Passage to Wild and it would fix like 90% of the problems with standard right now

e: I wouldn't mind pre-emptive changes to Face Hunter and Librim Paladin, though there is the potential that both fall off with poision/thief rogue nerfs. Also Snowfall Guardian should just be reworked, trash zero-counterplay card to play against, even after the nerf.

Firebert fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jan 14, 2022

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/1482081011584290816

This is way too slow of a response, the top of the ladder is going to be over 50% rogue by then or people will just quit in droves

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Oh drat someone beat me by several hours lol

Wild players will finally be able to breath easy without the oppressive quest warriors and hunters holding the format down. Hopefully they do something about the cheater mage decks as well and things are looking up for the format.

As for standard.. I would be happy if Rogue has a couple of months in the sewer with Priest to think about what it's done lately :)

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jan 15, 2022

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
11 days? And I thought some of the unchecked paladin this summer was bad. I guess theif/poison have finally definitely dethroned Hearthstone 1.1 death rattle hunter as the longest running crazy op deck.

at least back then there was loathab. please bring back loathab.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

So, i just played against a Thief Rogue who didn't mulligan, added a maximum of three additional cards to his hand, and was able to play Gnolls for free.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Beasteh posted:

You'll notice that the classes who can't turbo through their entire deck by 5 aren't played right now which are warrior, priest and hunter (you see them, but they are merely disguises)

DH, lock and druid have better card draw but they aren't poison rogue or Mozaki mage

I've checked out until balance changes because poison rogue mirrors which boil down to 'who managed to draw and play both cloaks' are insanely boring and bad

e: also whatever they do to rogue they also need to carefully look at mage since any rogue nerfs just make Mozaki mage the strongest most uninteractive deck in the format

I wonder if anyone at Team 5 sat back and thought to themselves "Hmm... is giving both Mage and Rogue, the two classes with traditionally the best face damage via spells, also all the card draw they could ever use a good idea?"

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/IksarHS/status/1482142429176160256

This is gonna get the ‘not less than 1’ treatment

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Chernabog posted:

If they make it a 3/5 that's probably still very good without deleting the card. 4/4 would probably be too good still. Or just slap another mana into it but I don't think that's the way to go.

I feel like the stat line is fine, it's the mana cheat that's the problem. Just make the mana reduction work off either; other class cards currently in hand or cards added to your hand that didn't start in your deck.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Jedit posted:

So, i just played against a Thief Rogue who didn't mulligan, added a maximum of three additional cards to his hand, and was able to play Gnolls for free.

if you coin + swindle, the cards drawn are a different class until it the "reveal"

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Today marks the first 15th of the month since they put the quest in that I completed the 'Play three games with Nozdormu' quest without playing anyone else who had him in their deck. Weird.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

NorgLyle posted:

Today marks the first 15th of the month since they put the quest in that I completed the 'Play three games with Nozdormu' quest without playing anyone else who had him in their deck. Weird.

Only one person in my three games had him in his deck. Normally it’s no one.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I've had great luck with that quest in Casual Wild.

Edit: 2/3 people also had him today

Desert Bus fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jan 15, 2022

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Firebert posted:

This is gonna get the ‘not less than 1’ treatment

still feel like this should be a blanket rule: cards that cost at least 1 can't cost less than 1, full stop. I mean, how many cards have they nerfed in this way? it's always mana cheat that's the root of the problem

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

World War Mammories posted:

still feel like this should be a blanket rule: cards that cost at least 1 can't cost less than 1, full stop. I mean, how many cards have they nerfed in this way? it's always mana cheat that's the root of the problem

That would be the end of Libram Paladin but maybe that's a good thing??

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Librams are rotating out anyway soonish

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Beasteh posted:

Librams are rotating out anyway soonish

They are rotating out of Standard. For the rest of us playing Wild? We still have to deal with this bullshit.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Librams are designed to be discounted though. Libram Pally has been pretty strong throughout but hasn't been nerfed despite being in standard nearly 2 years.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
Librams of Wisdom could still be "buffed" by explicitly stating their costs could go down to 0. It could be made an exception if the general rule was implemented, as could a few others if needed. I don't know if Libram of Wisdom being a minimum of 1 would necessarily hurt it a lot in Wild.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

I'm starting to see mages mainboarding Mask of C'thun purely to get around cloak of shadows :stare:

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

There are some instances where cards should be allowed to cost 0 due to cost reduction. Mainly things like Preparation and Hot streak, off the top of my head.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Amoeba102 posted:

There are some instances where cards should be allowed to cost 0 due to cost reduction. Mainly things like Preparation and Hot streak, off the top of my head.

Those and the librams already mentioned are all fine to be at zero. It's very clearly a design issue to be able to cast nearly anything for free depending on the deck you're playing though. Like I played a ton of Wild Cthun Druid in the past and the victories I could snatch from the jaws of defeat was frankly ridiculous since after Celestial and Anacondra I could 9/10 times draw through my whole deck and play everything in a single turn. Maybe they want some decks to be able to do that, I dunno. It does seem like Team 5 has awful internal balance which is probably to be expected given there are hundreds of thousands of people that can run through decks permeations a lot quicker than a dev team of a few dozen can.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

How are people so dumb? How do I keep getting away with Tonking people? Stealth? lol fuuuuck you I can hit face without targeting you. This chews up Casual Wild and spits it out.

### TOOOONK
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Flare
# 2x (1) Play Dead
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) Bear Trap
# 2x (2) Explosive Trap
# 1x (2) Feign Death
# 2x (2) Mad Scientist
# 2x (2) Pack Tactics
# 2x (2) Phase Stalker
# 2x (2) Pressure Plate
# 2x (3) Nine Lives
# 2x (3) Ursatron
# 2x (4) Monstrous Parrot
# 1x (5) Barak Kodobane
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 1x (6) Oblivitron
# 2x (7) Darkmoon Tonk
#
AAEBAa/XAwTHD6CAA/GWA+XvAw2AB/cN0RSczQLylgO2nAOfpQP7rwOkuQOD4gPCgASpnwTjnwQA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

There is no God but Tonk. Tonk is life. Tonk is love. Go forth and Tonk.

Desert Bus fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jan 17, 2022

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

And yes, I have tried whatever you are about to suggest, it's bad.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Desert Bus posted:

How are people so dumb? How do I keep getting away with Tonking people? Stealth? lol fuuuuck you I can hit face without targeting you. This chews up Casual Wild and spits it out.

### TOOOONK
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Flare
# 2x (1) Play Dead
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) Bear Trap
# 2x (2) Explosive Trap
# 1x (2) Feign Death
# 2x (2) Mad Scientist
# 2x (2) Pack Tactics
# 2x (2) Phase Stalker
# 2x (2) Pressure Plate
# 2x (3) Nine Lives
# 2x (3) Ursatron
# 2x (4) Monstrous Parrot
# 1x (5) Barak Kodobane
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 1x (6) Oblivitron
# 2x (7) Darkmoon Tonk
#
AAEBAa/XAwTHD6CAA/GWA+XvAw2AB/cN0RSczQLylgO2nAOfpQP7rwOkuQOD4gPCgASpnwTjnwQA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

ALL GLORY TO TONK

I'm just upset it's too slow a deck now to deal with pirates

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Buff Explosive Trap to 3 damage

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I was trying a version with Dun Baldar Bunker so I could time the traps better against pirates but it just ended up filling my hand and messing up Kodobane turns. :(

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Olpainless posted:

ALL GLORY TO TONK

I'm just upset it's too slow a deck now to deal with pirates

Also I am sad we seem to play on diff servers so I never get fun Tonk Vs. Tonk matches. The last Tonk player I saw I beat so hard over and over that they quit trying to play it. It was fun watching them try to replicate the deck based on what I was playing though.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
It is so dumb that Blizzard enforces separated regional servers for Hearthstone. It's nothing more than a legacy of RTS games and old lovely internet when latency did really matter.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Flayer posted:

It is so dumb that Blizzard enforces separated regional servers for Hearthstone. It's nothing more than a legacy of RTS games and old lovely internet when latency did really matter.

We obviously need server meshing like Star Citizen, the greatest game ever made.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Flayer posted:

I wonder if it's to give more people a shot at being in Masters/Grand masters? If everyone was in the same region then there'd only be one tourney instead of three. Also I have read about somewhat different metas in the different areas but I don't know how true that really is.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Ping does matter, hearthstone has a lot of server side processing and 200 to 500 ms lag would be very noticeable. It wouldn't make the game literally unplayable but it would be unpleasant, separate servers makes a ton of sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Cards should never cost 0. Libram has been strong or OP for a couple years. Rogue is back with it's near annual deck cycling of free cards.

Is hero power rogue favored vs hybrid poison rogue?