Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

precision posted:

am i the only one who kept thinking the end of this trailer was gonna say the teXas chainsaw massacre
Yeah having just seen it like 2 days ago for the first time i was getting major vibes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Surely there's been a movie with that name before.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Yeah having just seen it like 2 days ago for the first time i was getting major vibes

that movie is SO much better than even most of its fans give it credit for

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

precision posted:

am i the only one who kept thinking the end of this trailer was gonna say the teXas chainsaw massacre

Yeah I totally thought that's where they were going with that.

I mean, they still might.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Came here to post it to get the fellation station cranking but you're all on the ball. Wow, that looks cool.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

precision posted:

that movie is SO much better than even most of its fans give it credit for
I didn't expect the level of slapstick comedy it had but it was much appreciated. Honestly the last 20 minutes warrant Three Stooges whoop whoop whoop noises

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-sWlgFhUGo

well that's definitely a Jeunet film, yup

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Honestly just looks stupid af but whatever, I'll watch it. I'll always love The City of Lost Children. The title reminds me of MICMACS, which was...not great.
As bad as Jeunet can get, he's still better than most of the people influenced by his work. The Brand New Testament was quirky dogshit, for example.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

FoneBone posted:

oh man i have missed his brand of weirdness. looks dope.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmlwFOQfn18

I’m in

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
That looks truly awful. Amazing that Mel Gibson still has a career. And this movie seems to be about him being accused of domestic violence? How can anyone justify working with with him?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Jewmanji posted:

That looks truly awful. Amazing that Mel Gibson still has a career. And this movie seems to be about him being accused of domestic violence? How can anyone justify working with with him?

Check out the video of RDJ accepting an award and making it into a speech about how we should forgive Gibson (or don’t, I just meant if you want to know their reasoning), he references Gibson having spent enough time “hugging the cactus”. The idea, amongst the Hollywood elite, is that if you do enough bad things (get caught), and then spend enough time in the proverbial “dog house”, you can be forgiven. Hollywood, using RDJ as their spokesperson, has decided Gibson has gone through enough time for his transgressions. He can now be “forgiven”.

That doesn’t mean any of us have to feel that way. But if you’re wondering how people justify working with him, they feel he’s been punished (spent some time not being the biggest star in the world) and has now been forgiven. So it’s all cool now.

Which, I mean, I’m in AA, I know what RDJ is talking about when he talks about second chances and amends and forgiveness. And RDJ has obviously cleaned up and his language comes from a place of treatment, and good for him. But I’m also not pretending that Mel Gibson has done any actual soul searching or asking for forgiveness or amends. I think he finally started listening to his publicist and shut up in public. So he deserves gently caress all.

But I’m not in Hollywood.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jan 15, 2022

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

on the Related tab:

heck yeah Soderbergh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhbLUGkox3c

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

If he did a raging alcho Austalian accent it would be a million times better.

FoneBone posted:

Looks amazing.
lolling at the thought of the US remake they will do in 5 years though

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
What if a phone was french

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jan 15, 2022

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

But I’m not in Hollywood.

I am though and you're right. I say that as I start the campaign for Tokyo Vice starring somehow not-canceled Ansel Elgort

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

FoneBone posted:

The director of Alien Resurrection presents

Looks dope though

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

This feels like it was written for Johnny Depp.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Jewmanji posted:

Gary Oldman gave some interview a while back where he talks about how unfair Gibson has it and everyone thinks bad things about Jews and Black people sometimes, so why did he get so much hate for it? Lots of people are either guilty of the same things and have no issues with what he did or they're willing to look the other way because they personally like him. It's the same as everywhere else, people will go to great lengths to ignore bad behavior from their friends and family.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Apparently a lot of people that worked with Gibson liked him on a personal level. gently caress his comeback. He said some really monstrous poo poo and should just go away forever.

That WW2 movie he made was also incredibly corny.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
mel gibson is the australian bruce willis, with all the horror that implies

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
Mel Gibson is a good actor/director and I’m glad he’s back.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I rewatched Apocalypto recently and while there's a lot that I could criticise it for in the abstract (and Gibson for, because he's a huge prick)...there's simply nothing else like that film.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KWQo-XSVkk

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I rewatched Apocalypto recently and while there's a lot that I could criticise it for in the abstract (and Gibson for, because he's a huge prick)...there's simply nothing else like that film.

yeah theres nothing else quite that bad

except my posting :grin:

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

My enjoyment of Apocalypto pains me. It's a wild film and absolutely gorgeous on bluray.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Disposable Scud posted:

My enjoyment of Apocalypto pains me.

:same: I kinda hate that I like it. Only decent thing he ever directed, tho I didn't see it until long after it was in theaters.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
A friend of mine watched apocalypto on acid and with the subtitles off because he didn't know there were English subs and I can't imagine

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Hacksaw Ridge was B movie level violent and one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Mel Gibson is a hateful piece of poo poo who deserves to be irrelevant forever

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

:same: I kinda hate that I like it. Only decent thing he ever directed, tho I didn't see it until long after it was in theaters.

I'm curious about your thoughts on Braveheart

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

MLSM posted:

Mel Gibson is a good actor/director and I’m glad he’s back.

Incredibly bold of you to stand up for an utter nightmare of a human being.

Edit: lol you were the guy who was upset at licorice pizza.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Jewmanji posted:

Incredibly bold of you to stand up for an utter nightmare of a human being.

Edit: lol you were the guy who was upset at licorice pizza.

He is a good actor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-37Mhsak-XI

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Tim Whatley posted:

Hacksaw Ridge was B movie level violent and one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Mel Gibson is a hateful piece of poo poo who deserves to be irrelevant forever

God that movie blew so hard.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

kiimo posted:

I loathe it.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
What did Mel Gbison do?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Dillbag posted:

A friend of mine watched apocalypto on acid and with the subtitles off because he didn't know there were English subs and I can't imagine

:stonk:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Zzulu posted:

What did Mel Gbison do?

he knows what he did

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

kiimo posted:

Never watched it, but it's effect on many of my countrymen, and my almost entirely Scots family (especiallythe ones who, like me, have lived in England for most of their lives, married English and have English children) was amusing and saddening in equal amounts. Like dragging your family to the cinema to watch Highlander 3 out of residual patriotism.

Did they use Irish extras because Scots didn't look Scottish enough? Classic Gibson.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Zzulu posted:

What did Mel Gbison do?

racist diatribe while pulled over for dui, iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Peanut President posted:

racist diatribe while pulled over for dui, iirc

He also told a gf he hoped she was gonna get raped by a pack of uh, black folks (I ain't saying it).