Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Apple TV has a f1tv app now so you don’t need AirPlay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

italian quid posted:

You should be using AirPlay from your M1 MacBook Pro to watch F1 on your Apple TV.

just lol if you're not balls deep into the apple silicon walled garden at this point, like fuckin lmao at your lovely life decisions

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

just lol if you're not balls deep into the apple silicon walled garden at this point, like fuckin lmao at your lovely life decisions

I'm loving furious at Tim Apple for ruining the aesthetics of the new MacBooks by adding a useless SD card slot on the new ones.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

MustardFacial posted:

Lol is that a Lamborghini tractor? Bwoah.

Looks like a Fendt, op

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

I saw a man with a Renault F1 hat on in the midwest US today which hasn’t happened ever. Would have chatted with him about what a shame it is Carlos left but my self checkout machine was being weird.

Lot of F1 gear around here.

I've even seen parents dress their children in Max gear - which should be considered felony child abuse

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

italian quid posted:

I'm loving furious at Tim Apple for ruining the aesthetics of the new MacBooks by adding a useless SD card slot on the new ones.

It is gross, like what kind of luddite still uses that poo poo? Like are you still using floppy disks? Also that whole USB type A poo poo is an affront to progress.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I just went and had one of those shits that leaves you quivering on the tiled floor, shivering at what you have just done. Luckily I had my Lewis Hamilton husbando body pillow in the bathroom with me to say some inspirational things that empowered me to fist my colon back up into my rear end in a top hat and not have to call emergency services. #blessed

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
yes, i washed my hands before handling Sir Lewis, i am covid safe

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

It is gross, like what kind of luddite still uses that poo poo? Like are you still using floppy disks? Also that whole USB type A poo poo is an affront to progress.

Everything should be USB-C at this point, if you're some sort of loving cave man living in 1995 then use a loving dongle.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

This season I will be watching on my Nvidia SHIELD TV Pro Streaming Media Player instead of Chromecast. Big changes around here.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

italian quid posted:

Everything should be USB-C at this point, if you're some sort of loving cave man living in 1995 then use a loving dongle.

I mean Apple sticking to their guns on Lightning connectors is pretty loving lovely at this point, but lol that most other phone manufacturers sell you a USB C charging phone and then bundle a USB A wall wart.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

net work error posted:

This season I will be watching on my Nvidia SHIELD TV Pro Streaming Media Player instead of Chromecast. Big changes around here.

nvidia shield is also loving rad, thread is on form with it's tech opinions today, hopefully none of the cast iron cave morons come wading in with their BC tech opinions on :airquote:seasoning:airquote: their loving :airquote:hard drive:airquote:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I don't even think you get the charger in the box now, just the USB lead

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

I mean Apple sticking to their guns on Lightning connectors is pretty loving lovely at this point, but lol that most other phone manufacturers sell you a USB C charging phone and then bundle a USB A wall wart.

My galaxy brain take is that I actually like Lightning as a standard more than USB-C but even I can see that's a loving losing battle to try and fight so I'll accept USB-C as a compromise.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Thanks Ants posted:

I don't even think you get the charger in the box now, just the USB lead

Good riddance.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

italian quid posted:

My galaxy brain take is that I actually like Lightning as a standard more than USB-C but even I can see that's a loving losing battle to try and fight so I'll accept USB-C as a compromise.

Problem is they sell the new phones on these very high camera standards, but Lightning is limited to USB 2.0 transfer speeds. Like lmfao shooting ProRes video on your phone and then having to wait three days to transfer a 2 minute clip to your computer.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

Problem is they sell the new phones on these very high camera standards, but Lightning is limited to USB 2.0 transfer speeds. Like lmfao shooting ProRes video on your phone and then having to wait three days to transfer a 2 minute clip to your computer.

ya, its a losing battle, the standard needs a significant update but why would Apple bother when they're going to need to transition to USB-C at some point anyways. If they were more proactive at updating it I think there'd be a better argument there but that time has passed.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I have a bike light that uses mini USB and I almost want to throw it away in anger but that’s wasteful

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I still get sent routers that have a mini USB port on them for the console and nobody has those cables to hand any more because they don't need to charge a 2004 BlackBerry. I have more luck trying to hunt down serial cables.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

I have a bike light that uses mini USB and I almost want to throw it away in anger but that’s wasteful

The OP-1 uses mini USB and I loving hate that I literally have to have a mini USB cable sitting around just for one loving thing.

My mouse is Micro-USB and I just pray each day that it can loving die. internal batteries on small poo poo like that should be banned and we should all just go back to AAs, I don't know why the gently caress engineers thought building in an internal battery was a good idea.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Thanks Ants posted:

I still get sent routers that have a mini USB port on them for the console and nobody has those cables to hand any more because they don't need to charge a 2004 BlackBerry. I have more luck trying to hunt down serial cables.

Lol my toothbrush charges on mini USB and I literally use the cable from my Blackberry 8700g when I'm travelling

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Thanks Ants posted:

Mini-USB, rollover cables, and RS-232 to USB adapters (FTDI chips only) will be around as long as people continue using 20 year old hardware in their networks. And new gear will be built with the same because the old gear had it.

italian quid posted:

My mouse is Micro-USB and I just pray each day that it can loving die. internal batteries on small poo poo like that should be banned and we should all just go back to AAs, I don't know why the gently caress engineers thought building in an internal battery was a good idea.

Planned obsolescence OP

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

My head torch has a USB-C port on it for charging and I feel like it's from the future. The Petzl one it replaced took 3x AAA batteries but they ran out too quickly if you used it on the higher brightness setting.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

italian quid posted:

The OP-1 uses mini USB and I loving hate that I literally have to have a mini USB cable sitting around just for one loving thing.

I recently bought some rechargeable AAA/AA batteries and realized I’ve turned into an old man (my dad)

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

I recently bought some rechargeable AAA/AA batteries and realized I’ve turned into an old man (my dad)

Literally Anthony Hamilton

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Please don't gently caress over my cousin again.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
You should gently caress Theo's cousin op

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

With the appointment of Aston Martin's new team principal, Zak Brown has come out and asked everyone to please refer to him by his preferred name "Hugh Jass"

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

MustardFacial posted:

He already did on some bullshit lawsuit. Another example of racism against Italians.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

All of my bike poo poo uses mini USB and it sucks - Garmin computer, radar, and lights - it's the worst.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

MustardFacial posted:

loving Theo's cousin's ex-wife's boyfriend for thread clout.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

italian quid posted:

Except lightning things you mean. Also except new magsafe because magsafe rocks

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Theophany posted:

It actually owns, it’s smaller and thinner and therefore takes less space in the phone and the future is just all magsafe poo poo anyway and 100% cordless so why make people buy new cables just to have no cables at all in another year or two? Like do you KNOW how many lightning cables I have???

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Sab0921 posted:

All of my bike poo poo uses mini USB and it sucks - Garmin computer, radar, and lights - it's the worst.

You mean micro? Or you got an ancient rear end radar that uses mini??

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I don't like magsafe, everything should be usb-c

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

TheBacon posted:

It actually owns, it’s smaller and thinner and therefore takes less space in the phone and the future is just all magsafe poo poo anyway and 100% cordless so why make people buy new cables just to have no cables at all in another year or two? Like do you KNOW how many lightning cables I have???

I usually have about two working lightning cables for 5 apple devices

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
My favorite thing is trying to figure out what combination of USB A/C chargers go with my combination of USB A/C lighting cables.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
wireless charging is supposedly bad for battery life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

USB-C is the perfect compromise.

Also to cool down the incoming cast Iron posts have this pic of Max and Lewis after the last race: