Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Barreft posted:

diablo 2 is really good if you're just high in bed, or anywhere really and just kill things. the atmosphere and music makes it that much better. diablo 3 is poo poo and always has been

e: I also haven't played it in like two months but I just loaded it up and there was a big patch and it runs really well. before all my skellies slowed things down

Any ladder yet? Feel ripped off that its missing and blocked off on the menu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

Any ladder yet? Feel ripped off that its missing and blocked off on the menu

Nah, still hasn't begun.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Mario Golf Super Rush is pretty good.

What makes it perfect is doing motion controls with goons.

Bush, I'll play again, I swear.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Barreft posted:

Nah, still hasn't begun.

These half assed ports are so loving dumb

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Clip Picross 4-1 from S4 is the hardest Picross puzzle I've done in a while, took me nearly 40 minutes to finish it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Real hurthling! posted:

These half assed ports are so loving dumb
What?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wc3 was botched. D2 was buggy as hell and still has no ladder.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Mario Golf Super Rush is pretty good.

What makes it perfect is doing motion controls with goons.

Bush, I'll play again, I swear.

I'll hold you to that lol but i had an accident at work, so I'm rehabbing my shoulder 🤷🏽‍♀️

Meowsdower
May 25, 2005
https://twitter.com/Meowsdower/status/1482237568322195456?s=20

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The very last filled square has to have an X to the right of it. It's either the ending of the 5 or the 1.

Meowsdower
May 25, 2005

American McGay posted:

The very last filled square has to have an X to the right of it. It's either the ending of the 5 or the 1.

nice ty

Shadski
Jun 1, 2011
Anyone pulled the trigger on astroneer?

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Dragon Quest Builders is good, the consensus seems to be DQB 2 is definitely better so I'm looking forward to that next, hell yeah

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Shadski posted:

Anyone pulled the trigger on astroneer?

PC version is lousy with bugs I have no idea why anyone would bother with a port of it

Real hurthling! posted:

D2 was buggy as hell

Seems like it was a faithful remaster then

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

How embarrassing

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

PC version is lousy with bugs I have no idea why anyone would bother with a port of it

"There's money to be made!" :wotwot:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

chaleski posted:

Dragon Quest Builders is good, the consensus seems to be DQB 2 is definitely better so I'm looking forward to that next, hell yeah
If you're going to be playing that next and don't already have it, it's on sale for $35 on the eShop currently, and the digital version's been price matched by most retailers if you want full gold points.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Commander Keene posted:

If you're going to be playing that next and don't already have it, it's on sale for $35 on the eShop currently, and the digital version's been price matched by most retailers if you want full gold points.

It was $25 briefly on Amazon for digital, and I scooped it up before the stock ran out.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

American McGay posted:

Zeal Paladin. I didn't wanna do hammer, whenever I play a game with builds I always try to do something a little unique, even if it's less efficient.

That's a pretty fun build depending on what you combine it with. I think one of the later patches removed the iron maiden issue that used to be annoying in Act 4, so that helps :)

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Morter posted:

A game I considered on the Switch, esp while on sale is CrossCode. I played a little on the PC but it seems great for the switch. I remember liking the combat for what little I played, but I looked up thoughts on it in the past thread and there seems to be a mild consensus that the puzzles themselves are unfun. Are they that annoying to pull off/get past, enough to hinder the experience? Or is the general world/combat enough to carry it?

I liked playing it up until some pyramid dungeon where the puzzles take a fairly long time and I just can't find a required key to get past some door so now I have to go back and see if I missed something in the previous section and it has completely killed my momentum in the game :(

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CrossCode is the best example of more not necessarily being the same as better.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

CrossCode is the best example of more not necessarily being the same as better.

I have felt like the only person who didnt rave about cc.
Thank you for having the same opinion

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Crosscode is basically "on" all the time. It never has any chill and whatever it is you're doing at any given time (platforming, puzzle solving, quests, etc), it is doing at maximum intensity right up to the line, even as it never quite crosses it. It is absolutely exhausting to play, even at its best, and while it does have some unbelievably cool ideas (especially in the DLC) it is absolutely fair to think it is too much because it frequently is.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

zeal with holy shock was cool as hell i hope that's better in the update. maybe it was good enough already i dont think i ever got that build to hell

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I think lightning damage was the least likely of the fire/cold/lightning trio to have monsters be immune to it, since they could only roll immunity against up to two out of three elements and lightning was the last that got rolled against.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Funny how everyone was calling Pikmin 3 short. I'm on Day 20, taking my time for the most part, some 7 or 8 hours in and while I feel I can't before, having just gotten the Blue Pikmin, there's still quite a bit to do. And this is without touching the extra stuff.

It's short only because one can only want more Pikmin, but it feels like a full game to me.

Loving it too. All this talk about metroidvania, but nothing does it quite as organically as a Pikmin game.

Question: Do I continue with the story, having just gotten the Blues, or do mop up the other areas first prior to doing that?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Funny how everyone was calling Pikmin 3 short. I'm on Day 20, taking my time for the most part, some 7 or 8 hours in and while I feel I can't before, having just gotten the Blue Pikmin, there's still quite a bit to do. And this is without touching the extra stuff.

It's short only because one can only want more Pikmin, but it feels like a full game to me.

Loving it too. All this talk about metroidvania, but nothing does it quite as organically as a Pikmin game.

Question: Do I continue with the story, having just gotten the Blues, or do mop up the other areas first prior to doing that?

Do you still have all your juice? I'm in the same spot, after playing it on hard, I'm replaying it on Ultra Spicy, and my quest now is to go to the Oak tree map. I'm holding off and using all of my pikmin to get everything available to me. This time, I'm getting the badge for all fruit.

The past levels REALLY open up with the blue pikmin.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Do you still have all your juice? I'm in the same spot, after playing it on hard, I'm replaying it on Ultra Spicy, and my quest now is to go to the Oak tree map. I'm holding off and using all of my pikmin to get everything available to me. This time, I'm getting the badge for all fruit.

The past levels REALLY open up with the blue pikmin.

I don't, but I'm just on Hard difficulty and already have a 4 day buffer. I'm sure I can get up to a week if not more with a bit of planning. Pikmin numbers are good too, everyone's hovering around the 200 mark. I've only lost 20 so far from dumb things. I'm not letting it get to me.

This game is the perfect blend of exploration, puzzles, and combat. All wrapped up in a semi-RTS wrapper, it's insane how well it comes together.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

pikmin is good

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i thought the elemental immunities in hell were just preset per monster type. but it's been 1,000 years so i may be wrong. farewell

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I don't, but I'm just on Hard difficulty and already have a 4 day buffer. I'm sure I can get up to a week if not more with a bit of planning. Pikmin numbers are good too, everyone's hovering around the 200 mark. I've only lost 20 so far from dumb things. I'm not letting it get to me.

This game is the perfect blend of exploration, puzzles, and combat. All wrapped up in a semi-RTS wrapper, it's insane how well it comes together.

While you're sort of near the main campaign's end, getting your juice back isn't the last quest, just fyi. Feel free to go "find that hocotation".

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

While you're sort of near the main campaign's end, getting your juice back isn't the last quest, just fyi. Feel free to go "find that hocotation".

Good to know.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Just started Picross S6, I love it, this is my first Picross

But this loving puzzle makes me feel stupid. I'm not even going to post which one it is. I can't figure out how to even place my first fill.

:bang:

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

mdemone posted:

Just started Picross S6, I love it, this is my first Picross

But this loving puzzle makes me feel stupid. I'm not even going to post which one it is. I can't figure out how to even place my first fill.

:bang:

You'll get better - if you're super stuck on a puzzle, just quit out and it will save your progress (not that that matters if you can't even fill in one square) and try another one. You'll start to notice patterns you didn't notice before.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah Picross is the ultimate "fresh eyes" game. Sometimes if I'm stuck on a puzzle I'll take a screenshot and then post it on Twitter and look at it on my phone. You'll start seeing stuff in 20 seconds that you were stuck on for 20 minutes.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I did not realize you could quit halfway thru a puzzle and it'd save your progress...then again I'm still working through the first one lmao

Can you have multiple puzzles in progress?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yep as long as you select "stop" then it'll save your progress in any puzzle.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

It's just all these loving ones

I hate doing trial and error and starting over if I reach a contradiction. There has to be a way to make the right move from scratch, like sudoku.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

mdemone posted:

It's just all these loving ones

I hate doing trial and error and starting over if I reach a contradiction. There has to be a way to make the right move from scratch, like sudoku.

You might want to play through with the option that highlights solvable rows/columns on at minimum for a little while until you get the hang of it. There’s a lot of weird tricks you eventually pick up, but a little handholding to draw your attention to the rows you should be able to solve will probably help a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Vegastar posted:

You might want to play through with the option that highlights solvable rows/columns on at minimum for a little while until you get the hang of it. There’s a lot of weird tricks you eventually pick up, but a little handholding to draw your attention to the rows you should be able to solve will probably help a lot.

I refuse to not get No Assist