Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Barudak posted:

Its definitely Sex in the City 2 for me because its a sequel that is just so loving grossly oblivious to its own awful premise.

lawrence of my labia lmao

e: what an unfortunate snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Grown Ups 2 was pure misery, but it's not like the first one is good (it might be, I haven't seen it).
Speed 2 is reeeal bad though, and Speed 1 was pretty good

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Improbable Lobster posted:

I have seen a distressing number of those movies and all of them are loving terrible

I've been very fortunate in only having seen three of the movies on that list: Highlander 2, Curse of Michael Myers, and Jason Takes Manhattan

Of the three, Highlander 2 was the only one I saw in a theater, I was in the UK when it came out and me and a friend went to see it and it was definitely worth it in "so bad it's good" terms.

Jason Takes Manhattan was terrible but I remember my late dad (who was NOT a horror/slasher/Jason Vorhees movie fan in ANY way; his thing was more action movies, like Commando, Delta Force, etc.) saying that was the only Friday the 13th movie he'd want to watch because he figured it would have Jason running around killing stereotypical sleazy 1980s Noo Yawk street characters (remember, this was in the days before Giuliani turned NYC into a theme park; every 1980s crime drama movie or TV show that was set in NYC inevitably portrayed it as being just a hair away from a post-apocalyptic no man's land). I saw it years later and there was literally none of that, it was Jason murdering some rich kids on a cruise ship, before eventually getting into the sewers of NYC and getting dissolved and flushed away by toxic waste (or something like that). It did have a 21-year-old Kelly Hu in what was apparently her first movie appearance, though, so there's at least one good thing I can say about it.

I literally don't remember anything about Curse of Michael Myers.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Do they still make comedies? Which one was the last big one? I haven't been keeping track

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Collapsing Farts posted:

Do they still make comedies? Which one was the last big one? I haven't been keeping track

probably 22 jump street? 8 years ago.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Collapsing Farts posted:

Jackass Forever comes out this year

Other than that uh, fuuuuuuck

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Collapsing Farts posted:

Ghostbusters 2016?!

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Men In Black 2 is my vote for worst sequel. 90% of it was references to and rehashed jokes from the first one, and the other 10% was painfully unfunny poo poo like "ballchinian".

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Collapsing Farts posted:

Will Ferrell did that eurovision movie a couple years ago

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Aardvark! posted:

gently caress me that was one of the worst things ive ever seen

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Quantum of Phallus posted:

gently caress me that was one of the worst things ive ever seen

It's alright as an American, I can only imagine how bad it was for a euro goon lol

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Aardvark! posted:

netflix original lol

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I'm struggling to think of anything labeled a comedy that has come out since that. And before that there was Tag (2018) which was decent

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
I hope David arquette makes a new bozo show and rigs the bozoputer to let mike get to play

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Aardvark! posted:

I'm struggling to think of anything labeled a comedy that has come out since that. And before that there was Tag (2018) which was decent

Do "romantic comedy" films count cause two truckloads have poured out all over the Netflix lawns in the last few years

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Aardvark! posted:

How quickly the thread attempts to bury A Spy Movie 2021.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Collapsing Farts posted:

In 2021, there was bad trip, free guy, hitmans bodyguards wife, jungle cruise, thunder force, coming 2 america, tom and jerry, cruella.

They are putting comedy in my adventure movies!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I watched 40 minutes of Kingo & Druid and you can't make me watch the rest

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

My Face When posted:

In 2021, there was bad trip, free guy, hitmans bodyguards wife, jungle cruise, thunder force, coming 2 america, tom and jerry, cruella.

They are putting comedy in my adventure movies!

I love our new efficient movie future where we get to see the most boring actors possible make quips in PG action movies. Now they don't have to bother making so called "comedy" movies

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

why would you make a comedy movie when you can just have your A-listers say exasperated or wacky things in your action movies. you also don't have to write jokes.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

rydiafan posted:

Men In Black 2 is my vote for worst sequel. 90% of it was references to and rehashed jokes from the first one, and the other 10% was painfully unfunny poo poo like "ballchinian".

I wasn't too hot on the first one, it was fine, but goddamn you are not wrong.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
SARAH CONNOR: we changed the timeline again. now Bozoputer is Skynet, and it goes online in 3 hours!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Men in Black 2 was rouuuuuuuuuugh.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I feel like one of the sequels to MiB i didnt hate. I do know that the first one was miles above the later ones though

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ZeusCannon posted:

I feel like one of the sequels to MiB i didnt hate. I do know that the first one was miles above the later ones though

MIB 3 most likely as that was interestingly ok, while MIB4 was forgetable ok and MIB2 is what is this dogshit?

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

I agree with this whole heartedly. Superbabies: Baby Geniuses 2 did little to expand on the Superbabies cinematic universe.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Awful sequels that miss the point of the original are one thing (and I don't know that it's worth counting those ones where they've just slapped a known name on an unrelated film), but bad sequels from the original creative team are a rarer thing.

As bad as the mob scenes are (and they're awful), I didn't dislike HALLOWEEN KILLS, but I can see why it would make people's list. BLUES BOTHERS 2000 is a special case of awful. A desperate, creatively bankrupt retread of the first one.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Finished chapter 3 of Borba Fett. The editing in this one was just as janky as the first one and im noticing a correlation. Chapter 1 and 3 were directed by Robert Rodriguez.

Another thing that springs to mind, when will Disney do a parade of mouse droids?

Edit: i just started eternals and the text crawl makes me groan.

My Face When fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jan 15, 2022

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
obviously it can't compare to the original but I like blues brothers 2000, having seen it as a child in theater. i would much rather watch it than most of the poo poo sequels getting posted anyway. Like you're really gonna say you'd rather watch American Psycho 2 than bb2000? Bitch please

Barudak
May 7, 2007

DrVenkman posted:

Awful sequels that miss the point of the original are one thing (and I don't know that it's worth counting those ones where they've just slapped a known name on an unrelated film), but bad sequels from the original creative team are a rarer thing.

As bad as the mob scenes are (and they're awful), I didn't dislike HALLOWEEN KILLS, but I can see why it would make people's list. BLUES BOTHERS 2000 is a special case of awful. A desperate, creatively bankrupt retread of the first one.

Oh man yeah, Blues Brothers 2000 is fuckin dire

Barudak
May 7, 2007

My Face When posted:

Finished chapter 3 of Borba Fett. The editing in this one was just as janky as the first one and im noticing a correlation. Chapter 1 and 3 were directed by Robert Rodriguez.

Another thing that springs to mind, when will Disney do a parade of mouse droids?

Edit: i just started eternals and the text crawl makes me groan.

Just abort now, learn the lesson of the film and just pull the plug

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Crank 2 is better than Crank and Crank is very good I will fight and dethrone god over this opinion

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
There was a period a while ago where there was an influx of comedy shows about raunchy teachers:
Those Who Cant, Sit Down Shut Up, Vice Principals, AP Bio,

And now sit down shut up reminded me of Unsupervised and now Im sad because it only got one season and got cancelled.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

sure okay posted:

Crank 2 is better than Crank and Crank is very good I will fight and dethrone god over this opinion

Crank 2 is the Gremlins 2 of Crank

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Barudak posted:

Just abort now, learn the lesson of the film and just pull the plug

IS THAT PINK FLOYD? What is happening?!

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Barudak posted:

Just abort now, learn the lesson of the film and just pull the druig

Hangover 2 was dire. Missed all of the fun and charm of the original and dialed up the "it's funny when Andy from the office gets his life destroyed" to a degree that made everyone in the theater just uncomfortably sit in silence (as he's crying about being raped) this was supposed to be a comedy?

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

sure okay posted:

Nah, Crank 2 just got a little too cartoonish I think. Crank 1 balanced the line between outrageous goofyness and action while the sequel was just living severed heads and cartoon logic all the time. I felt the same way about Shoot 'Em Up which was just goofy without being particularly clever, cool or fun

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

poisonpill posted:

Hangover 2 was dire. Missed all of the fun and charm of the original and dialed up the "it's funny when Andy from the office gets his life destroyed" to a degree that made everyone in the theater just uncomfortably sit in silence (as he's crying about being raped) this was supposed to be a comedy?

Ok I've previously said Ghostbusters 2 was the laziest sequel but it's actually this, I couldn't fuckin believe it.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Happy Death Day 2U is one of the best sequels I’ve ever seen. Not necessarily one of the best movies but it really shattered my expectations of what a sequel to Happy Death Day could ever be (in a good way)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Collapsing Farts posted:

Nah, Crank 2 just got a little too cartoonish I think. Crank 1 balanced the line between outrageous goofyness and action while the sequel was just living severed heads and cartoon logic all the time. I felt the same way about Shoot 'Em Up which was just goofy without being particularly clever, cool or fun

whats wrong with cartoon logic