Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

AlbieQuirky posted:

I am a cis lady who is old as hell, and I don’t think I have ever felt so disrespected by a misogynist in my life, and I am not kidding here!

she's just doing the feminist thing where she reduces 'womanhood' down to 'a hole', you know, the thing feminists love doing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Agents are GO! posted:

Why are you so full of rage?

That's my secret

I'm always goony

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Arivia posted:

e: and he leaves it up to you whether you want to keep watching his stuff or not, so whatever choice anyone makes is of course fine.

lol

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The terf concept of feminism basically seems to be incredibly gender-essentialist but saying that it is a good thing. That women are uniquely, immutably physically and spiritually different from men and that many things that I think most of us would conceive of as fuckups of society are in fact hard coded into a rigid binary conception of gender and you can neatly categorize everyone on the earth into one or the other, based theoretically on a bunch of crap about chromosomes or anatomy but ultimately on intuition and their compulsive need for the world to be so explicable.

Which, I mean I'm sure there have historically been feminists who thought like that but they're far less compelling than the ones who believe in things like society and performance and poo poo, and who took a look at biology and decided it was tyranny that humans should be liberated from.

The terf conception also dovetails (not, I think, coincidentally) very well with the far right fundie sales pitch about how god has a plan for women and wouldn't you know it it's being a tradwife. Except you just lean into how magical that is and how spiritually fulfilling it is and how you know society really needs balance between the genders which means women have to be womanly and men have to be manly and jesus christ just shoot me.

I guess it's not surprising that it has appeal given that it's really just dressing up old and lovely ideas in language that makes them sound cooler in a modern progressive context, but it still makes me nauseous.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

What is a woman, but a lump of meat with a bunch of holes in it?

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I remain fascinated by what I've read of second wave feminism. It's full of "women are defined by more than anatomy" but it's really is incredible how often those exact same people quickly resort to "oh but actually it does define us" in the interest of keeping the transes out of their woman club.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
All of that while calling themselves "gender critical", as if they weren't being essentialist as all hell.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

cult_hero posted:

Fair enough, but then I hear the word "astroturf" and assume they have a space program.

I want all the terves to go to space

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Midnight Voyager posted:

Fill my hole, Superman!

The center of the upper chest is where most superheros have their emblem, like Superman's <S> or Batman's bat logo. Powergirl's artist, of course, chooses to have her breast window there.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Agents are GO! posted:

Why are you so full of rage?

lot of calm hitlering itt if you ask me

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

HiroProtagonist posted:

lot of calm hitlering itt if you ask me

I guess we all just have a lot of growing up to do.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Idiots on Social Media: Remember your words and repent

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019
who the gently caress is scraeming "REPENT" at my house. show yourself, coward. i will never repent

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
As the pendulum has owned me, so too shall ye be owned.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

lol he's so pissy about it

https://twitter.com/h3h3productions/status/1482250122008293381

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
It's just incredible that anyone thinks he is insightful or a good communicator. I knew a guy a few years back who, despite normally being fine, had gone down the Jorp rabbit hole. Wonder if he's made it out. I had a few arguments with him about it. "have you actually read his books?" No I loving haven't. Christ.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Roblo posted:

It's just incredible that anyone thinks he is insightful or a good communicator. I knew a guy a few years back who, despite normally being fine, had gone down the Jorp rabbit hole. Wonder if he's made it out. I had a few arguments with him about it. "have you actually read his books?" No I loving haven't. Christ.

Half his own fans haven't either and will not believe you when you quote the books verbatim with poo poo like the feminine chaos dragon

The jorp thread in gbs was fun. Had one guy come in who tried to communicate by quoting random blocks of philosophers, which is apparently normal somewhere. Literally just summoning Zizek like a Pokemon and telling him to use Critique.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001
What's agood reference for weirdo benzo uncle?

Like should I call him Jordie P? Jordie Bop Maybe?

I mean I can't really express my true want to see him live amongst the noble lobsters of Nova Scotia ( I mean calling him John doe seem premature....)

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I once found an online text dump of 12 Rules, Jorp's seminal work. I'm pretty sure no one has actually read anything he's written, including his fans, because, well, if you think his tweets are bad...

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

I hate to say it but jorp’s right that bill was moral grandstanding from the liberals and nothing but

e: Ethan does provide plenty more good reasons to take those interviews down though

Arivia has a new favorite as of 12:42 on Jan 15, 2022

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yep I’m sure that’s exactly what Jorp meant

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
You can say correct words without actually being right, if, for example, your contention is that conversion therapy is cool and dand rather than that the bill is not actually going to do anything.

you don't actually have to hand it to 'em

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

You can say correct words without actually being right, if, for example, your contention is that conversion therapy is cool and dand rather than that the bill is not actually going to do anything.

you don't actually have to hand it to 'em

Yeah stopped clock is right twice a day and all that but honestly the bill is enough of a mess that I am gonna hand it to jorp on this one

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I’m pretty sure Joerps point is the bill is to effective and will result in poor Canadians will be jailed to protect those moral degenerates

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

The idiots are fighting

Arivia posted:

Yeah stopped clock is right twice a day and all that but honestly the bill is enough of a mess that I am gonna hand it to jorp on this one

You do not, in fact, have to hand it to him

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Philippe posted:

I want all the terves to go to space

I object to this form of plural, it's already been reserved by and for these dogs

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
was euronymous actually going to kill varg or did he make that up so he'd look better

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

Procrastine posted:

The idiots are fighting

You do not, in fact, have to hand it to him

varg on red scare when

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

moonmazed posted:

was euronymous actually going to kill varg or did he make that up so he'd look better

What do you think?

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

moonmazed posted:

Varg stabbed him 23 times, 16 of which were in the back, so I think it's pretty clearly murder. Necrobutcher, the bassist from Mayhem, believes Varg but also said that he had been planning to kill Euronymous.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Arivia posted:

I hate to say it but jorp’s right that bill was moral grandstanding from the liberals and nothing but

e: Ethan does provide plenty more good reasons to take those interviews down though

it's so loving weird you keep running in to explain how actually we do have to hand it to overt fascists, do you genuinely think Peterson's stance was 'actually this doesn't go far enough to fight conversion therapy'?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

it's so loving weird you keep running in to explain how actually we do have to hand it to overt fascists, do you genuinely think Peterson's stance was 'actually this doesn't go far enough to fight conversion therapy'?

no. but calling it moral grandstanding is absolutely correct because it was made very repeatedly clear over the two years of that bill's tortured development that the Liberals were not actually interested in protecting queer Canadians and just wanted good press. even the final press conference was just "we're doing this and everyone else is WRONG for not liking it." it was campaign plank fluff and sadly nothing more.

e: and saying "hey you're wrong this person responded about their discord server membership" is a far cry from handing it to them. jorp's the stopped clock. chill.

Arivia has a new favorite as of 15:18 on Jan 15, 2022

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Arivia posted:

no. but calling it moral grandstanding is absolutely correct because it was made very repeatedly clear over the two years of that bill's tortured development that the Liberals were not actually interested in protecting queer Canadians and just wanted good press. even the final press conference was just "we're doing this and everyone else is WRONG for not liking it." it was campaign plank fluff and sadly nothing more.

great, Jorp doesn't give a single iota of a poo poo about queer Canadians either so I don't see why it means anything that in his constant rejection and opposition to any effort to protect LGBTQ+ people he happened to hit one bill that was useless.

Like, him calling it 'grandstanding' wasn't because he read the bill and came to the same conclusion, it was because he saw 'ban conversion therapy' and went 'oh no, but that means less queer people being abused!!!!!' and then took a handful of benzos or whatever he does now

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

great, Jorp doesn't give a single iota of a poo poo about queer Canadians either so I don't see why it means anything that in his constant rejection and opposition to any effort to protect LBTQ+ people he happened to hit one bill that was useless.

Like, him calling it 'grandstanding' wasn't because he read the bill and came to the same conclusion, it was because he saw 'ban conversion therapy' and went 'oh no, but that means less queer people being abused!!!!!' and then took a handful of benzos or whatever he does now

you seem to be confused and think that jorp being correct means anything more than jorp being correct, like it's now some Actual Issue that Jorp agrees. he's correct, that's it. That's all I said, not that his statement actually means anything.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
There's no way that Jorp is correct on purpose. He considers the idea that LBGTQ+ people need any sort of legal protections or recognition at all to be 'moral grandstanding', aka 'virtue signaling'.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There's no way that Jorp is correct on purpose. He considers the idea that LBGTQ+ people need any sort of legal protections or recognition at all to be 'moral grandstanding', aka 'virtue signaling'.

Pretty much yeah. He's combining his existing hate of queer people (especially trans folks) with hating on the Liberal government. Don't forget that Jorp's university (UofToronto) was THE global headquarters for conversion therapy on trans folks for decades.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I knew a Peterson fan at an old job who kept telling me poo poo like that EVENTUALLY THIS MOB WILL TURN ON YOU, I'LL BE THERE TO LIFT YOU UP WHEN THE WOKE MOB TRAMPLES YOU

That was 2015... Still waiting. I seem to keep ending up fine? I mean seven years of woke cancel mob, it should be cancel-worthy to drink water without consent from the tap by now, right? Where's my reprisal!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Nebrilos posted:

The center of the upper chest is where most superheros have their emblem, like Superman's <S> or Batman's bat logo. Powergirl's artist, of course, chooses to have her breast window there.

It would be quite difficult to have it anywhere else, I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Is there a quick refresher course on jorp’s all meat diet and it’s results? Boss think he’s got the right idea and is thinking about it but (fortunately I guess) he’s likely too lazy to do it