Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

i always just go straight to special stages and get the pallet + sprite swap for the rest of the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

tmfc posted:

i always just go straight to special stages and get the pallet + sprite swap for the rest of the game

that was the coolest in game reward ever when i was a kid and it still is now.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

are there any SMW hacks that are like, just a little harder than the original. it would be chill to play a bunch of cool new smw levels but not have to do kaizo poo poo or whatever all the time.

i think the first big hack by fusoya was supposed to be like that but it was really early so it's probably not great and i vaguely remember a giant horrible castle door maze with a key in it that i never want to touch.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
There's hundreds, depending on what you're looking for. Check out smwcentral.net

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

yeah thats why i'm asking for recommendations wise guy.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
i always forget about the top secret area in donut plains when i go for all 96 exits lol. smw ftw

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You didn't ask for a recommendation you just asked if there were any.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Patient: Doctor, are there any medications that can treat my condition?

Doctor: Oh probably a whole bunch yeah, there's a lot of pills and suchlike out there.

Patient: Can you recommend any?

Doctor: You didn't ask for a recommendation you just asked if there were any.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

FactsAreUseless posted:

Doctor: Oh probably a whole bunch yeah, there's a lot of pills and suchlike out there.

lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

b_d posted:

are there any SMW hacks that are like, just a little harder than the original. it would be chill to play a bunch of cool new smw levels but not have to do kaizo poo poo or whatever all the time.

i think the first big hack by fusoya was supposed to be like that but it was really early so it's probably not great and i vaguely remember a giant horrible castle door maze with a key in it that i never want to touch.

try super mario bros 2 the lost levels

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

b_d posted:

yeah thats why i'm asking for recommendations wise guy.

Return to Dinosaur Land is a really good classic style romhack. Also it's not technically a hack but Super Mario Bros X is a really well made fangame engine that mixes in elements of all the 2D games and comes preloaded with some great modules too

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

There’s a game that takes what we know and love about Super Mario World and turns it a little on it’s head, so to speak. In this one you actually play AS Mario’s pal Yoshi.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

FactsAreUseless posted:

lol

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

lol

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

No Dignity posted:

Return to Dinosaur Land is a really good classic style romhack. Also it's not technically a hack but Super Mario Bros X is a really well made fangame engine that mixes in elements of all the 2D games and comes preloaded with some great modules too

I''ll check these out thank you

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

lol

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

b_d posted:

I''ll check these out thank you

New Super Mario World 2: Around The World is very charming

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

NienNunb posted:

just don't play the prequel

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

lol

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

guy decked out in a clown outfit and makeup with a ‘pagliacci’ name tag, clearly on the verge of tears: “so what do I do?”

Doctor: “clowns are a thing. Just FYI”

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

FactsAreUseless posted:

Lol

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

smwcentral is styled exactly like the old acmlm forums.... lots of memories.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

NienNunb posted:

quote:

Aesthetically it has a choconilla style with most of the graphics being from the original SMW with some new custom graphics.

Updates:
-The coins in 14-5 now only hurt you and subtract a coin rather than instantly killing you
lol. sounds awesome

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Lol

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

NienNunb posted:

I replay SMW constantly but it’s been a long time since I’ve monkeyed with SMB3. Since the new year I played through all of the original on the NES and am nearly done with the All-Stars version. Kicking myself for getting rid of my Wii-U because they have the GBA version with 30+ ereader levels.

Someone dumped the Wii-U gba version of the game and it works just fine in emulators or even a real gba

https://gbatemp.net/download/super-mario-advance-4-wii-u-virtual-console-patch.33847/

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWrWuXE6RHw

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Oh hell yeah

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Playing both Mother 3 and Metroid Zero Mission for the first time ever this week. Nintendo.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

NienNunb posted:

Playing both Mother 3 and Metroid Zero Mission for the first time ever this week. Nintendo.

epic. i should play mother 3 sometime. though ive never beaten earthbound either

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

NienNunb posted:

zero mission is godlike. i got my completion time below an hour when i was a kid. so much is secretly optional

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

mycophobia posted:

epic. i should play mother 3 sometime. though ive never beaten earthbound either

You should beat earthbound

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

When's the next direct gonna be.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

a Loving Dog posted:

You should beat earthbound

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

I beat death mountain in zelda 2.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Earthbound is a top 5 game for me

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I need to replay Earthbound, as a kid I remember it being kinda slow and tedious at the start. I absolutely love Mother 3 though.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

American McGay posted:

I need to replay Earthbound, as a kid I remember it being kinda slow and tedious at the start. I absolutely love Mother 3 though.

it starts strong in onett imo, and then twoson is a bit slow/long and then it picks up again with the cult and then threed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

American McGay posted:

i remember the whole game being great but i never wouldnt have beaten it without emulating it and fast forward