Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Guy on LSU just got the ball on a turnover on the Florida side of the court and one arm yeeted it out of bounds under his own basket?

It was the basketball version of the Madden throw it out the back of your own endzone glitch.

e:

https://twitter.com/ContextFreeCBB/status/1481442762667053061

Chief McHeath fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jan 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
mizzou currently down 35-9 with 6:30 left in the first. cuonzo martin is back to being for sure fired after a one week reprieve!

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Mike_V posted:

mizzou currently down 35-9 with 6:30 left in the first. cuonzo martin is back to being for sure fired after a one week reprieve!

Checking in on the score has gotten some :stare: reactions from me

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Checking in on the score has gotten some :stare: reactions from me

:same:

No idea how this Mizzou team beat Alabama or this Arkansas team lost to Miss State, Vandy, and A&M.

Basketball is wild

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
once in a while, like the first half tonight at Louisville, NC State provides this glimpse of what they could be like as a functional basketball team and it's actually more frustrating than if they didn't

meanwhile the VT-UVA game is as awful as you'd expect but it's not entirely Virginia's fault this time

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

chaoslord posted:

:same:

No idea how this Mizzou team beat Alabama or this Arkansas team lost to Miss State, Vandy, and A&M.

Basketball is wild

the mizzou of tonight is much closer to the real tigers. alabama was stochastic terrorism and most likely won't happen again all season.

50-15 at half :cripes:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

fire chris collins

Internet Savant
Feb 14, 2008
20% Off Coupon for 15 dollars per month - sign me up!

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Come on, Tennessee has a bit more history and success than just settling for trips to the tourney. The Vols was #1 for most of the season a few years ago. This team has more talent than a lot of teams and they are woefully underperforming so far.

Oops sorry, the pandemic has really messed up my sense of time.

Essentially, what I was attempting to say is that Rick Barnes was fired from Texas because he routinely underperformed compared to expectations, especially after Durant left. He would have good to great regular seasons and then "struggle" in the NCAA tournament ( wiki says fired because he didn't make the sweet sixteen for seven straight seasons).

So then he goes to a struggling Tennessee program after martin and tyndall in comparison to the Bruce pearl years. He has immediate impact turning the program around quickly and getting UTK back into the tourney. Except now, his team is underperforming compared to expectations.

Rick Barnes has demonstrated many many times to be an excellent head coach and will absolutely build a team to reach tournament. Fans get used to the routinenwws of getting there and then inevitably want more.

Thus, same story different orange.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
In case you wonder about Coach's Son favoritism, Michigan is shorthanded because Dickinson had COVID and isn't ready.

Kofi Cockburn (7' 285) is being guarded by Jace Howard (6'7" 225). It looks as silly as it sounds.

But this did happen: https://twitter.com/BucketProblem/status/1482176315495170055

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Tennessee allows 60 points per game. Kentucky has put up 52 at halftime on 78% shooting.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Texas had a 10 second backcourt violation followed by ISU with a shot clock violation. Good stuff.

Kunc got robbed of a 60 footer at the end of the half.

Bird in a Blender fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jan 15, 2022

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Tennessee allows 60 points per game. Kentucky has put up 52 at halftime on 78% shooting.

107-79 final. Most points Kentucky has scored against Tennessee. Nice way to honor Coach Hall.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Kalscher saving the Clones with his threes today.

Bird in a Blender fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jan 15, 2022

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

This arkansas lsu game is really good so far

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Good win for the Clones. So much better at home.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Woo pig

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

When we went 1 for 8 during the middle of LSU scoring drought, I was worried, and when they scored to tie it back up after we briefly took the lead I thought “heck I knew we needed more” but then LSU stopped scoring so it all worked out?

Still no idea what to think of this Arkansas team

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

chaoslord posted:

Still no idea what to think of this Arkansas team

Same, but I like what I’ve seen the last few games

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

mizzou snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. at least they lost by less than 10 today

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
This Ballo dude in Arizona is my favorite.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Read that curbelo is playing today. Absolutely need him to play well because just going to kofi all game isn't gonna work

Edit kofi already frustrated as hell, doesn't bode well 3 minutes in

An opposing center with terrible facial hair and good footwork eating kofis lunch? Say it ain't so

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jan 17, 2022

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
I'm pretty sure Trent Frazier has never missed a shot playing against Purdue - so glad he's gone after this year

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Boiler up?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I cannot believe Illinois came back like that

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
Man, Curbelo clearly was playing badly concussed early in the season. This is more like last season's AC.

Purdue is the better team, I think, but still, lots of positives from this.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Is there a more choke prone team than Purdue? How can they constantly gently caress up the end of close games?

Also, gently caress the 1 and 1. How is that archaic rule still in place?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/ContextFreeCBB/status/1483156881803730947

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
This Belgian kid has no confidence on being able to dunk but boy he kept OT exciting

Holy crap I'm jealous of my cousin being at the game

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jan 17, 2022

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Nothing is as sure in this world as Purdue missing a clinching free throw.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Holy poo poo is this bouncy camera at the WVU game horrible

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Oh man if Baylor loses three in a row. They’ll probably win, but it shouldn’t be this close.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Agbaji loving up his left hand possibly going to cost the Jayhawks this.

e: Lol, I say that and then he goes scoring 10.

Probably Magic fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jan 19, 2022

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

ISU is bricking threes which doesn’t bode well for this game.

Still bricking threes but they keep shooting em!

Bird in a Blender fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jan 19, 2022

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Refs are calling a lopsided game against clones. Lots of tricky tack fouls.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Obligatory gently caress Duke

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
god bless Leonard Hamilton

the ACC is already pretty weird this year, if Duke gets pulled back into the pack it'll be sheer chaos (even if none of them will make it to the second weekend of the NCAAs)

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky follows up their best shooting nights with one of their worst, still finds a way to win. First single digit win of the season. Needed this with games at Auburn and at Kansas coming up.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Who replaced IU with a competent team?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
loving hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Good, now Indiana will have a letdown game on Sunday.

Right?

.... right? :ohdear: