Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

italian quid posted:

The last time I was in the Apple ecosystem was 2008 and I went through two loving mag safe bricks because the connectors just loving destroyed themselves. The new magsafe cables now are $50 a pop in Canada, you can get decent USB-C cables for $10-15 from anywhere. Unless you're living with a 300lb Helen Keller I fail to see a scenario where somebody catches a power cable and keeps going with enough momentum to fling your laptop across the room.

I would rather pay for a new magsafe charger every now and then and not have to think about yanking that loving USB cable. I have the new M1 Macbook Air and I already almost yanked it on the floor...

The magsafe charger being removed from Macbooks was an insane decision and I have no idea why it wasn't wildly copied and adapted and became a standard for chargers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

shameful page snype.

McLaren Supremacy 2022...

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Theophany posted:

I did not know this, are they actual KFC or they those loving vile breaded sinew and bone SFC garbage?

off brand but god no not SFC, the boneless one is most likely made in the same place as KFC.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

lmao

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

refleks posted:

McLaren Supremacy 2022...

:hmmyes:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Theophany posted:

step 1. open door dash app
step 2. get kfc delivered
step 3. throw air fryer in the trash

lmao gently caress KFC poo poo sucks

if you must do fast food chicken get Popeyes.

KFC is the Ferrari of Fast food chicken, coasting on the fumes of former glory.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

You mean about to conquer the world in 2023 (after McLaren 2022 let's go boys)?

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

Poor Sainz. Toro Rosso, McLaren, and Ferrari after the cheater engine got banned. Maybe he'll get a win next year.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

refleks posted:

I would rather pay for a new magsafe charger every now and then and not have to think about yanking that loving USB cable. I have the new M1 Macbook Air and I already almost yanked it on the floor...

The magsafe charger being removed from Macbooks was an insane decision and I have no idea why it wasn't wildly copied and adapted and became a standard for chargers.

My dog catches my power cable once to twice a month trying to jump up onto the couch and never once has my laptop gone onto the floor.

Magsafe made like a tiny bit of sense if you have zero idea how to solder back when everyone just soldered a barrel connector to the PCB held into the case with a few screws and called it a day so you had this wire with a giant rear end power brick anchored at the end swinging around. Everything is far more tightly packed and glued in now and Apple has their power bricks plug directly into the wall now, there's zero need for some dumb proprietary power brick standard.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
KFC must be one of those fast food places that is better elsewhere in the world, because it is trash here in the US.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Sab0921 posted:

I'm gonna make a hundred million dollars by being the first to market with an actual wing restaurant in Europe

as the greatest musician ever sang: everybody wants to sell whats already been sold

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

as the greatest musician ever sang: everybody wants to sell whats already been sold

Lou Reed sang that?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

italian quid posted:

Lou Reed sang that?

Prince, you goddamn motherfucker

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Lol hulkenberg isn't even 1st placed in a lovely reddit graphic attempting to quantify how bad f1 drivers are.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Lou Reed has the best live album of all time where he's clearly off his loving head on some kind of smack and walk on the wild side is just him loving rambling for 14 minutes about god drat nonsense while the backing band just keep looping the opening 4 bars hoping he'll start the actual song at some point.

The one of the stooges' last live performance where the band is so loving poo poo Iggy Pop literally has to count everyone back in including the drummer midway through a song is a pretty close second though.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

italian quid posted:

Lou Reed has the best live album of all time where he's clearly off his loving head on some kind of smack and walk on the wild side is just him loving rambling for 14 minutes about god drat nonsense while the backing band just keep looping the opening 4 bars hoping he'll start the actual song at some point.

This is basically Mark Knopfler's gimmick as a lead singer? Some loving smackhead on the night tube talking to you about some poo poo that didn't happen.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Jarvis Cocker does basically this only it's hilarious, goes on for hours, and he only ends the show when the police or the promoters turn off the lights.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Theophany posted:

If yall are getting your wings from KFC, there is significant room for improvement.

Much like most of European society, your chicken can benefit from American ingenuity.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
KFC in Cayman was genuinely awful. The island has a lot of feral chickens that look malnourished and I just assumed that was their source of chickens. The Popeyes was actually very good. Apparently they told McDonalds to gently caress off and never come back in the 80s which is a big lol.

Wendys was loving poo poo, some assmeat patty smeared in ketchup and mayo, but I'm not sure if this is representative of the wider Wendys chain?

Anyway, I booked a holiday on Miami's south beach this afternoon for next month with my former ex for valentines day and I intend to further expand my knowledge of America's fast food empires. Please do suggest places to visit.

e: I am not concerned about diarrhea

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

White Castle/krystal

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Max drove into a virtual wall in virtual le mans

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Max drove into a virtual wall in virtual le mans

Max doing Le Mans for real would be a glorious lesson for all, especially max.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

KFC in Cayman was genuinely awful. The island has a lot of feral chickens that look malnourished and I just assumed that was their source of chickens. The Popeyes was actually very good. Apparently they told McDonalds to gently caress off and never come back in the 80s which is a big lol.

Wendys was loving poo poo, some assmeat patty smeared in ketchup and mayo, but I'm not sure if this is representative of the wider Wendys chain?

Anyway, I booked a holiday on Miami's south beach this afternoon for next month with my former ex for valentines day and I intend to further expand my knowledge of America's fast food empires. Please do suggest places to visit.

e: I am not concerned about diarrhea

I don't eat beef anymore so basically 90% of fast food poo poo outside of KFC and McDonald's Junior Chicken is irrelevant to me.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Theophany posted:

Checkers

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

italian quid posted:

I don't eat beef anymore so basically 90% of fast food poo poo outside of KFC and McDonald's Junior Chicken is irrelevant to me.

this is unsettling

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

sweet, not too far, hopefully don't poo poo my kecks

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

marshalljim posted:

KFC must be one of those fast food places that is better elsewhere in the world, because it is trash here in the US.

KFC has varying levels of quality depending on where you get it from. If I get it from the North Harbour store in Portsmouth, I know it will be under-seasoned but if I go to the Havant store it will be exceptionally well seasoned

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
I'm not sure if my buddy and me are creating a memory, but does anyone remember a race where Mark Webber's car died on the last lap on the main straight? If it happened it probably would have been between 2005 and 2009.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Theophany posted:

It's not fast food, but Lucali makes pretty legit NY-style pizza in case you're up for that. Overpriced, but not that bad for South Beach.

Edit: Get a Cuban sandwich somewhere while you're there, too, if you haven't had one before.

marshalljim fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jan 16, 2022

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Sashimi posted:

I'm not sure if my buddy and me are creating a memory, but does anyone remember a race where Mark Webber's car died on the last lap on the main straight? If it happened it probably would have been between 2005 and 2009.

Maybe thinking of Button in Australia :shrug:

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

Anti-stall!

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

marshalljim posted:

It's not fast food, but Lucali makes pretty legit NY-style pizza in case you're up for that. Overpriced, but not that bad for South Beach.

Edit: Get a Cuban sandwich somewhere while you're there, too, if you haven't had one before.

Cheers bud, a proper Cuban sandwich is on my list and as our choices for break were NYC or MIA I'll take a grossly overpriced New York slice as ticking both boxes.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

marshalljim posted:

KFC in Japan is amazing.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

KFC in Germany also had the BOSS Sandwich or w/e when I was there and it was basically a Euro Double Down.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

marshalljim posted:

In Australia the chips have chicken salt, the best.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

ethanol posted:

Anybody got a good air fryer wings recipe

Buy some wingettes and drumsticks
Pat dry with paper towels
Coat with whatever dry rub floats your boat that day, I like Buffalo or Cajun. Whole Foods has a good one called Mojo that’s tasty.
Air fry at 400 for 16 minutes, flipping halfway.
Enjoy.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

acidx posted:

Poor Sainz. Toro Rosso, McLaren, and Ferrari after the cheater engine got banned. Maybe he'll get a win next year.

you forgot Renault

sorry but this just validates my hatred of him without relying on the fascist family connections. he impressed me this year in that ferrari so I'm always willing to adjust my anti-spaniard bias but lmao at this fact.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

italian quid posted:

The last time I was in the Apple ecosystem was 2008 and I went through two loving mag safe bricks because the connectors just loving destroyed themselves. The new magsafe cables now are $50 a pop in Canada, you can get decent USB-C cables for $10-15 from anywhere. Unless you're living with a 300lb Helen Keller I fail to see a scenario where somebody catches a power cable and keeps going with enough momentum to fling your laptop across the room.

Those were the ones apple replaced for free because the first gen had a design flaw. Also all usbc cables are not created equal even if they look the same. Also you need the power supply part not just cable. But ya the first gen were not good you are right!

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Dexo posted:

lmao gently caress KFC poo poo sucks

if you must do fast food chicken get Popeyes.

KFC is the Ferrari of Fast food chicken, coasting on the fumes of former glory.

having eaten both, KFC in england/europe is actually worlds different from KFC in the US. they have totally different menus and the coating has a different flavor. i refuse to eat KFC in the US because im disappointed every time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

TheBacon posted:

Those were the ones apple replaced for free because the first gen had a design flaw. Also all usbc cables are not created equal even if they look the same. Also you need the power supply part not just cable. But ya the first gen were not good you are right!

The design flaw was using a t connection which the new ones use lmao.