Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Lol the whistle blew when there wasn't anyone within 4 yards of Tyler as it was touching his hands. Calm down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Raiders deserve no respect. No tie, no respect.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

-- the guy who had the biggest meltdown on the history of the internet over a football game

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Codependent Poster posted:

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

Asproigerosis posted:

I'll never get over the tuck rule being so ridiculous that it was the exact opposite of what it should have been. How does a quarterback bringing the ball down and trying to tuck it in turn it into an incomplete pass and not a fumble? If it's an incomplete pass then how is it not intentional grounding? 20 years I have pondered this orb.

If it's an incomplete pass you won't get hit with intentional grounding if a defender got a hand on it. Totally a fumble though. One of the stupidest rules in sports history.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Or the world wide web as they say

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Eifert Posting posted:

Lol the whistle blew when there wasn't anyone within 4 yards of Tyler as it was touching his hands. Calm down.

Yeah and I’ve seen my team get screwed by an inadvertent whistle and they blew the play dead, even if it resulted in a score. Some consistency would be nice.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Mystic Stylez posted:

-- the guy who had the biggest meltdown on the history of the internet over a football game

whoa gently caress is Eifert Posting a new account for Lloyd Christmas

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Party Boat posted:

so is this is us just american prestige eastenders

Good way of putting it

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:haibrower:

The team that decided it wanted the fat corpse of known rapist Ben Roethlisberger in the playoffs over Justin Herbert should be mocked and shamed for a long, long time.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Mystic Stylez posted:

The strange thing is when it was live I thought I heard the whistle like almost before the ball left Burrow's hands, but then they showed it was as the reception was almost happening

yeah same I thought the whistle was a lot earlier. But I think that must be some kind of mental illusion

Cirrhosis Johnson
Jan 9, 2014
I think both teams should work together rather than against each other imo

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

fartknocker posted:

:haibrower:

The team that decided it wanted the fat corpse of known rapist Ben Roethlisberger in the playoffs over Justin Herbert should be mocked and shamed for a long, long time.

Even though I think the ref who blew the early whistle should commit sudoku on the 50-yard line, I agree with this.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

They’re really gonna make a mountain of this whistle molehill, huh

Mystic Stylez posted:

:lol:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Cirrhosis Johnson posted:

I think both teams should work together rather than against each other imo

yeah there's a lot of negative energy around right now. p shameful imo

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Jac Collinsworth

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Actually insane that this happened in a playoff game

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Apropos of nothing I also want to point out that Derek Carr’s hair is loving terrible

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

At least Chris collinsworth played pro football, the gently caress has his boy done

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Hughmoris posted:

commit sudoku

:mmmhmm:

Auto correct.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Freaquency posted:

Apropos of nothing I also want to point out that Derek Carr’s hair is loving terrible

Hughmoris posted:

Carr looks like the regional manager of a Jiffy Lube

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

I assume all those "Chicago" shows on NBC are trash

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Jac Collinsworth

Name me a bigger example of nepotism.

Cris isn't good enough to get his stupid kid a job, but still here we are.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Freaquency posted:

He looks like an aged, rugged car salesman, but without the hair implants.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Samadhi posted:

I assume all those "Chicago" shows on NBC are trash

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Hughmoris posted:

Carr looks like the regional manager of a Jiffy Lube

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
Are all these boomer police fire shows the same?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

lmao

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Eifert Posting posted:

He was just answering a question I asked, I wondered what the correct call would be for an immense ref fuckup. And it's a pretty damned bad ref fuckup either way.

e: I mean, there's no reason we should be talking about this at all, they screwed up badly.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

I'm glad everyone saw a literal ref scam happen live

The scam was the refs trying to cancel a bengals touchdown with a last second whistle and it’s good that it failed.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I'm still putting half the blame for that on the Staley timeout. Bisaccia and Carr said they were gonna let time run out

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

Hughmoris posted:

commit sudoku

Lol

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Hughmoris posted:

Even though I think the ref who blew the early whistle should commit sudoku on the 50-yard line, I agree with this.

i wanna commit wordle

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Name me a bigger example of nepotism.

Dave Shula.
Chris Polian.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Play posted:

I'm still putting half the blame for that on the Staley timeout. Bisaccia and Carr said they were gonna let time run out

Nah, the Raiders still could have run the time down. The timeout didn't matter. They didn't have to try the kick, but they did.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Vertical Lime posted:

i wanna commit wordle

Time for me to commit connect four.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Jay zones

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Nah, the Raiders still could have run the time down. The timeout didn't matter. They didn't have to try the kick, but they did.

meh, the object of football is to win and Staley showed them that they shouldn't do that. also it's a divisional game is it really acceptable to agree to tie a divisional rival? it's kinda hosed regardless of how much we want captain fatfuck out of the playoffs and hot white herbie in

anyways I'm still kind of astounded that something like that whistle happened in a playoff game. and then the refs just literally decided to pretend it didn't happen lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Who dey sey dey gon hey dem bengs