Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Virgil Vox posted:

why would the police murder anti-maskers?

Right now I don't think they would because if you're a billionaire you can still dodge covid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

dew worm posted:

are weed shops still cash only?

there’s one near me that operates in the back of a barber shop. you pay for a haircut and tip for the weed with your card

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Rutibex posted:

If you need advice always remember that growing GORMET MUSHROOMS is a fun and legal hobby with many good YouTube tutorials

i can hear him hitting that capital text lmao

mystes
May 31, 2006

Red Baron posted:

it blows my mind that capital is so averse the infinite funds marijuana legalization would bring in

do you want infinite money? CAPITALISTS HATE THIS ONE QUICK TRICK!
This is an example of how not every bad thing is actually because of what capital wants

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

hekaton posted:

this cant be happening every year with the flu shot right? like it takes so long to make enough of it as it is

so why cant they do what they do with flu, which must have much much more variation on a strain to strain basis compared to just the changes in the spike ???

there is an international influenza virus monitoring agency that agrees on strains and recommends the mixture of strains to vaccinate against for flu seasons every year, GISRS, and countries that are members just accept that and pump out a seasonal vaccine. there is no such thing for covid and there is no effort being made to establish one, so each individual country has to go through whatever process they have of approving new variant vaccines instead of having an international agency that is saying here's the current strains coming up, get vaccines for that going.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

nexous posted:

there’s one near me that operates in the back of a barber shop. you pay for a haircut and tip for the weed with your card

I think thats just a normal drug dealer

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

We don't live in a free market, or a capitalist country.
We live in a crazy Multi-rich person monarchy, where votes are decorations, or polls to see how close the power-that-be are to being assassinated.

Lol

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

A Bakers Cousin posted:

I think thats just a normal drug dealer

I don’t judge

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast

Potato Salad posted:

my concern with n95 is how prone the spec is to user error, and this is America

like, if we are to spend time and effort evangelizing a respirator spec, is may as well be one where some low-info Brunch Citizen isn't going to screw themselves via overconfidence in their N95 while goldfish-brain-forgetting that they have very specific endurance limits

I'm hopeful that people who are bothering to put on an n95, actually make sure there aren't big gaps

..because they really are a lot worse than a baggy surgical when worn poorly.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Blitter posted:

I'm hopeful that people who are bothering to put on an n95, actually make sure there aren't big gaps

I refuse to believe this and enjoy the mythical no gap surgical

Every 94 and up I've worn or helped my kid wear all fit way better than anything else

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

nexous posted:

this is a dumb way to do this, they should just take cash. why would you want to pay taxes on your drug dealing revenue lol?

e: and have records of it?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Fly Molo posted:

^^^it pains me to think how respirators for every nurse could’ve prevented that. at least stopped some of them.horrifying stuff.

:golfclap:

it's highly unlikely the nurses were out due to covid and that they simply didn't have any nurses because snf's are the absolutely lowest rung of nursing and logically would be the hardest hit from the great resignation.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Akratic Method posted:

Yes! My friend is a clinical psychologist and goes to therapy periodically.

My therapist says the first question you should ask of a therapist you are trying out is who is THEIR therapist. If they don't have one, walk because they'll probably project all over you.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Pillowpants posted:

I'm calling absolute bullshit on Hochuls numbers.

12,169 Hospitalizations? Weird!

Ohhh holy loving poo poo.

Hochul is using "Total Adults - Confirmed COVID" numbers - which matches that 12,169 number.

She's excluding "Total Adults Hospitalized with Suspected COVID" and ALL The Pediatric data! That lying sack of poo poo.

I wonder if literally any one journalist in New York will have the thought to dig just a tiny little bit deeper into this than what they're getting from the governor lol.

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

Am I stupid or does this say a cotton quilt mask is better than an n95 at filtering small particles?

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Often Abbreviated posted:

I'm sure I have no idea about growing but if you're interested in MICROSCOPY there are a lot of websites selling healthy live spores and also coincidentally everything anyone would need to grow spores into mushrooms. I'm sure this is a coincidence.

Also strangely none of these websites sell microscopes.

Well duh I already have one.

Edit: the pandemic has changed me forever because I am sitting here thinking I actually would use this to pass the time with the microscope I have sitting in my kitchen. Would probably just grow woodears in the basement while I refine my ragu recipe. :rubby:

Strep Vote fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jan 16, 2022

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

empty whippet box posted:

this is a dumb way to do this, they should just take cash. why would you want to pay taxes on your drug dealing revenue lol?

e: and have records of it?

idk I always pay cash because lol. guess enough people show up and say “cash only wtf” and leave

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

I wonder if literally any one journalist in New York will have the thought to dig just a tiny little bit deeper into this than what they're getting from the governor lol.

just like all the journos who did this for all the other states?

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

icantfindaname posted:

Yeah one thing about this whole sideshow is that the lib media is now operating its consent manufacturing machines without any of the cover plates on so you can see the innards working in real time, and it's real unnerving I gotta say. All outlets shifting gears over a single weekend to talk about n95 masks despite all this being known for 2 years now, because some power elite flipped a switch or sent out a memo, is just deeply, deeply weird and alienating poo poo to anyone not already completely desensitized to it
Yeah, it's unnerving and disheartening. You can give people advice about wearing N95s or whatever and they might say "Yeah, that makes sense." And they might mean it! But then they'll hear from 20 subsequent sources that actually the CDC said cloth masks are fine and vaccines are enough, and completely forget what you said. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Like, how hosed is it that people are calling on Spotify to have a covid misinformation policy because of Rogan's oidcast, and all I can think is "But...if they do, they'll get their info from the CDC, and that won't be good either."

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
The Guillotines start with the Healthcare CEOs.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Everything is still working fine

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Blitter posted:

where's this from?

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast

mastershakeman posted:

I refuse to believe this and enjoy the mythical no gap surgical

Every 94 and up I've worn or helped my kid wear all fit way better than anything else

Maybe some tiny percentage of people have a sufficiently gently curved face with very sturdy, far back ears, and get a genuine fit with a surgical.

But yeah, the pressure differential required for flow throughout an actual filter really makes a gap draw in that unfiltered air.

Pink Mist posted:

Am I stupid or does this say a cotton quilt mask is better than an n95 at filtering small particles?

Bear in mind this is generic particulate tests, where the magic part of n95's is really the blown fibers and the electrostatic charge that reliably retains particles (like viruses) that are smaller than the filter pore size.

Blitter fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jan 16, 2022

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Strep Vote posted:

My therapist says the first question you should ask of a therapist you are trying out is who is THEIR therapist. If they don't have one, walk because they'll probably project all over you.

So therapy is just a pyramid scheme?

Kryostic
Mar 25, 2016

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast

Zodium posted:

where's this from?

Oh god let me have a dig through some posts and bookmarks; posted that back in early 2020..

Oh!

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/pdf/10.1021/acsnano.0c03252

Blitter fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jan 16, 2022

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Strep Vote posted:

if there's only two therapists in town you go to the one who's all hosed up in the head, 'cuz obviously they're therapizing each other

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pillowpants posted:

I'm calling absolute bullshit on Hochuls numbers.

12,169 Hospitalizations? Weird!

Ohhh holy loving poo poo.

Hochul is using "Total Adults - Confirmed COVID" numbers - which matches that 12,169 number.

She's excluding "Total Adults Hospitalized with Suspected COVID" and ALL The Pediatric data! That lying sack of poo poo.

holy poo poo :lol:

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
https://twitter.com/lisa_iannattone/status/1482184109887836160?t=3xV0MgDNDXkwDGhDkiZh_w&s=19

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Red Baron posted:

just let me buy legal weed you FUCKS

they have to make sure only the Right People get rich off of it first

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Went to CVS today to pick up a prescription and the cold/flu remedy section was completely bare. Lmao

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

JuulPodSaveAmerica posted:

https://twitter.com/haircut_hippie/status/1482447684917243916
Not a single nurse in sight. Just patients living in the moment.

This is the most terrifying thing ever lol!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Who posts in TCC and this thread

https://twitter.com/azfamily/status/1482457562494554112?s=21

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
https://twitter.com/Vanessid/status/1482259753262747651?t=0fiVoTHTL7f3L0I4ethvyA&s=19

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

Rutibex posted:

If you need advice always remember that growing GORMET MUSHROOMS is a fun and legal hobby with many good YouTube tutorials

/r/unclebens

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Kamala finally getting a handle on the pandemic like a true leader

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

they got held up probably.

:( gently caress, I hope not.

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

Rhesus Pieces posted:

seems like I might be one of the only one in this thread totally raw-dogging the whole pandemic thing with absolutely no legitimate medications, recreational drugs, alcohol or therapeutic aid whatsoever

:wave:

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

We don't live in a free market, or a capitalist country.
We live in a crazy Multi-rich person monarchy, where votes are decorations, or polls to see how close the power-that-be are to being assassinated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huhwhat
Apr 22, 2010

by sebmojo

"So, don't believe all the hype that you hear about smoking being bad for you. Native Americans have been smoking the sacred leaves for thousands of years. After we arrived, they introduced it to us and we turned around and marketed it to the world. I bet you never thought of it, but people, all over the world smoke cigarettes and we did that. It was one of the greatest accomplishments of American capitalism," Mehler said. "The Indians always thought it was holy, sacred, meant to be shared on special occasions, and we saw it as a marketing venture an opportunity, a way to make huge profits off of an addictive product that would eventually kill you. Pure capitalism, turning death into profit."