Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
They're only now announcing the challenge??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I hate NFL catch rules. That's a catch. Probably be ruled incomplete on the stupid technicalities.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
McAuley said it shouldn’t be a catch, so Boger will rule it a catch at this rate lol

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
At least he's going to get to keep the TO

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

These loving refs :cripes:

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

BlindSite posted:

wtf that's a catch now?

I don't know how you watch that in full speed and think that's a catch.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

I hate NFL catch rules. That's a catch. Probably be ruled incomplete on the stupid technicalities.

Yeah this is my feeling 100%. That's a catch - but by the letter of their rules it isn't but it clearly is. They need to re-write that rule.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

god i can't believe the raiders are rigging poo poo so much. so many seasons of raiders getting the benefit of the refs.

I wonder what their record would be without it. Probably pretty bad

YMB
Nov 8, 2009

in an unceremonious way
Don't worry, their bad officiating will result in a 2 point Bad Ref Penalty for future games

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
bitchin' reffing we've got here

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
Too early to go on 4th? I might

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
This crew is going to throw the game for one team, if that hasn't happened already

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Larch posted:

Not a catch

yes it was lol he had two feet down then took two steps before it came out

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

CharlestheHammer posted:

I wonder what their record would be without it. Probably pretty bad

yes

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Bring back Ed “Guns” Hochuli

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Play posted:

yes it was lol he had two feet down then took two steps before it came out

What?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Is it just me or is it like. Kind of extremely loving stupid that you can get away with a blatantly incorrect play by just doing the next play really fast before someone can get his red hankie out?

Not saying that play was blatantly incorrect. Just. In general.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

A fair point, if you ignore the rules it is a catch

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
If it weren't for the defender knocking the ball out after the two steps, he totally has possession, so I could see the argument it's a fumble.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I was all like “why are goons being weird, that was a good catch, I’m glad they caught that,” and then the next play happened

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Isn't it two steps and a football move or some poo poo

Play
Apr 25, 2006

BlindSite posted:

Yeah this is my feeling 100%. That's a catch - but by the letter of their rules it isn't but it clearly is. They need to re-write that rule.

No it's also a catch by the letter of the rule, common sense, the bible, etc.

e: holy poo poo lol. can't believe they reversed that

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Thats a catch + punch-out shortly after. Looked like an incomplete in real time but I think the initial call actually got it correct, somehow.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

MJeff posted:

Is it just me or is it like. Kind of extremely loving stupid that you can get away with a blatantly incorrect play by just doing the next play really fast before someone can get his red hankie out?

It is extremely good, actually

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
how has trap-esque beats become the default background commercial music

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

MJeff posted:

Eh, that's just kinda sports in general. The best way to get an error ignored is give the refs/umps/whatever something else to think about. Onus is on the offended party to draw attention to it as fast as possible.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Chucktesla posted:

It is extremely good, actually
Definitely better than saying the last few plays actually don’t count

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Why are teams bad at running another play real fast to put a bad call behind them.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
All that to say it's an incomplete pass.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It's just not plausible that the reffing in the NFL needs to be this bad.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

that was a catch

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

MJeff posted:

Not saying that play was blatantly incorrect. Just. In general.

The NFL is incredibly stupid.

Also, I think if they don't rush that it may not have been challenged.

YMB
Nov 8, 2009

in an unceremonious way
If that should be a catch, what would the book definition of a catch be in the ideal world? There has to be one, it can't just go by feel.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Probably Magic posted:

Eh, that's just kinda sports in general. The best way to get an error ignored is give the refs/umps/whatever something else to think about. Onus is on the offended party to draw attention to it as fast as possible.

Yeah but in hockey or baseball , you can't just, for example, rush to the next face-off or the next pitch to stop the other team from being able to challenge.

Also those sports don't involve throwing a red hankie. You just. You just talk to the official.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Make up call?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I don't understand the obsession with the earlier inadvertent whistle, it didn't impact that play at all.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
If you hike it before you're lined up and take the penalty, does that still make it so the other team can't challenge the previous play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

this is getting into legendarily bad reffing territory. we always gripe about the refs but this is some crazy poo poo here

YMB posted:

If that should be a catch, what would the book definition of a catch be in the ideal world?

a catch is control, two feet down, and either a third step or a football move... all of which happened there