Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Was Verhoeven's lesbian nun movie any good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Stairmaster posted:

the boba fett show is dull

It's incredibly boring, they should have just made it a show about him hunting down people for Jabba.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

WrightOfWay posted:

Yeah it rules

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

WrightOfWay posted:

buddy you know the answer

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

he made them develop video game technology to simulate 11v11, had them implement situational difficulty settings and dynamic CPU decision making, designed the first few playbooks for all the teams, taught the devs what football even was, put them in contact with other coaches to further simulate individual offensive and defensive styles, porbably other poo poo I'm forgetting

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
also yea Madden 100% was super active in the inception of Madden games and literally teaching a bunch of nerds what football is as a game like a bad sitcom

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

is there a celebrity* where if they died tomorrow it would make you cry

*actual celebrity as generally recognized by normal humans, not some niche academic figure or personal hero or someone in a band from 2007 with 15k albums sold

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

by "actual celebrity as generally recognized by normal humans" are you talking the celebrities covered in Us Weekly or what

what's a "normal human" in this context exactly

or is it an "i know it when i see it" situation

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

indigi posted:

*actual celebrity as generally recognized by normal humans, not some niche academic figure or personal hero or someone in a band from 2007 with 15k albums sold

No

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

indigi posted:

guy who voiced zorak already died so no

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

indigi posted:

AOC

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

i guess there's a non-zero number for "tears of joy"

but then again rush dying was more of an "lmao"

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

FFT posted:

by "actual celebrity as generally recognized by normal humans" are you talking the celebrities covered in Us Weekly or what

what's a "normal human" in this context exactly

or is it an "i know it when i see it" situation

don't worry about it

lol

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
what about Shiggy? would you shed some for Mario's papi?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Bill Maher.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

indigi posted:

he made them develop video game technology to simulate 11v11, had them implement situational difficulty settings and dynamic CPU decision making, designed the first few playbooks for all the teams, taught the devs what football even was, put them in contact with other coaches to further simulate individual offensive and defensive styles, porbably other poo poo I'm forgetting

sexpig by night posted:

also yea Madden 100% was super active in the inception of Madden games and literally teaching a bunch of nerds what football is as a game like a bad sitcom

This actually sounds like it would be a really decent point of focus for a biopic on Madden lol I'd watch the gently caress out of that movie

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

indigi posted:

Lisa Ann

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

This actually sounds like it would be a really decent point of focus for a biopic on Madden lol I'd watch the gently caress out of that movie

yea I'd love a movie that's literally just Madden trying to show video game people with old tech limitations how to do football, the dude was genuinely super passionate about it as a way to make football more accessable to people and a kinda generational bridging thing so I'm sure there's fun stories of him trying to explain to a bunch of Nintendo game programmers what a first down is or whatever.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

smarxist posted:

what about Shiggy? would you shed some for Mario's papi?

Lmao no im not shedding tears for any rich fucks

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

thank you all for explaining why john madden actually rules

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

is there like a decent article on this or anything everything i saw was just random football players talking about what an honor it was to be selected for the cover of some years madden game

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Some Guy TT posted:

is there like a decent article on this or anything everything i saw was just random football players talking about what an honor it was to be selected for the cover of some years madden game

I don't know if there's a single article that covers it in depth honestly, googling through his obits some will mention one or the other of the things I mentioned but none cover the whole thing. I wonder if it's in a book about the history of EA or something

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

thank you all for explaining why john madden actually rules

I'm sure there's some story of him being a dick out there but yea he was actually cool and just genuinely loved football and wants tons of people to play it. He was even really pro safety when the CTE poo poo started coming out (which made that dumbass 'but think of all the concussions Madden caused' tweet even dumber somehow) so he managed to be one of the few old timers who wasn't all 'well in my day it was fine, maybe you're just being pussies'.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

sexpig by night posted:

I'm sure there's some story of him being a dick out there but yea he was actually cool and just genuinely loved football and wants tons of people to play it. He was even really pro safety when the CTE poo poo started coming out (which made that dumbass 'but think of all the concussions Madden caused' tweet even dumber somehow) so he managed to be one of the few old timers who wasn't all 'well in my day it was fine, maybe you're just being pussies'.

there was a clip going around after he died from a game he was calling in 1993 where he said "[player] is reported to have a concussion and they're evaluating whether he's able to go back in. I think that's bad, when I coached if someone had a concussion I'd pull them from the game, head injuries are serious"

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i once watched this long rear end like 40 min vhs rip of madden teaching about football fundamentals and strats + lore and it owned

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

indigi posted:

there was a clip going around after he died from a game he was calling in 1993 where he said "[player] is reported to have a concussion and they're evaluating whether he's able to go back in. I think that's bad, when I coached if someone had a concussion I'd pull them from the game, head injuries are serious"

yea true I shouldn't have made it sound like he changed stances post-CTE stuff really, he was always serious on head injuries, he just got more vocal about making it a league wide thing when the reports started coming

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011

indigi posted:

cspammers are all like "celebrities are bad, Hollywood is evil, the movie industry is hosed" but try and find a goon that isn't going to weep buckets when David lynch kicks it

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Stairmaster posted:

perhaps its goonish but i couldn't give less of a poo poo about about all those disney plus mandalorian bobba fat shows. im sure they're fine or w/e i just have zero interest in them

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

indigi posted:

tim curry would be pretty sad, but dude is in such bad shape it wouldn't be unexpected

Serf
May 5, 2011

i just watched eternals and i gotta say the "no one will gently caress me because i'm a 9000 year old little girl" plot point struck me as really weird. i wonder if any of the producers are on the flight logs?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Xaris posted:

tim curry would be pretty sad, but dude is in such bad shape it wouldn't be unexpected

yea most of my nolstalgic types of celebs are pretty near dead as is so I'm not gonna be SHOCKED or anything but yea, Curry, Frank Oz, probably some others I'm forgetting will bum me out for sure

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Xaris posted:

perhaps its goonish but i couldn't give less of a poo poo about about all those disney plus mandalorian bobba fat shows. im sure they're fine or w/e i just have zero interest in them

I loved Mandalorian because I'm incredibly gay for Star Wars but if you're not its not worth going out of your way for

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Smythe posted:

guy who voiced zorak already died so no

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

StashAugustine posted:

I loved Mandalorian because I'm incredibly gay for Star Wars but if you're not its not worth going out of your way for

yea if you like Star Wars and 'it's mostly a western in space' makes you all tingly downstairs you should watch it but if neither are big deals for you you probably don't need to make a real effort to see it. It's fine, it's fun western bullshit about a weird religious gunslinger carrying a hosed up alien baby across the galaxy and getting into mischief, and Fett is more of the same but a less religious gunslinger being a warlord. They're neat but they're not gonna change your fuckin life.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
oh yea speaking of, Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford, them dying's gonna bum me out real bad but at least for Ford I know his number's getting closer with his dumbass plane crash fetish I'm assuming he has at this point.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Serf posted:

i just watched eternals and i gotta say the "no one will gently caress me because i'm a 9000 year old little girl" plot point struck me as really weird. i wonder if any of the producers are on the flight logs?

Yeah that was weird.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

check this out

Boba Fartt

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Serf posted:

9000 years old and never once thought of moving to france

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

sexpig by night posted:

yea most of my nolstalgic types of celebs are pretty near dead as is so I'm not gonna be SHOCKED or anything but yea, Curry, Frank Oz, probably some others I'm forgetting will bum me out for sure

pretty much. if i had to say one modern celeb, probably keanu because by all accounts the guy is a really good dude and gives away a lot of his money to the film staff and treats them really well as if he understands class dynamics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Serf posted:

i don't think jack kirby was on the flight logs

/e: Sprite was changed from a boy (that incidentally inspired the story of Peter Pan i guess) to a girl right before the movie came out because "changing appearance/gender is just a thing that Eternals do all the time every 20-25 million years apparently" so y'know what nevermind

stringless has issued a correction as of 01:48 on Jan 16, 2022