Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

IIRC last time it took a couple of weeks after it started airing in Japan before Toonami got it.

Yeah I think it was like a month behind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

muscles like this! posted:

The fact that they haven't gotten it yet means they probably won't but I would like to see Jujutsu Kaisen on Toonami.

This would rule, Jujutsu Kaisen owns.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Strobe posted:

This would rule, Jujutsu Kaisen owns.

Sadly I think HBO has a hold on it.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Arist posted:

I saw the new AoT OP this morning and it was very bad

Are you telling me that the last AoT OP ever won't be sung by Linked Horizon? :catstare:

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Mraagvpeine posted:

Watching a video of last night's bumpers and wow they had literally nothing for Shippuden.

If looked like something happened to their audio. Like it glitched and didn't play.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Smiling Friends is off to a flying start

EDIT: and a rocketing finish

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jan 10, 2022

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

god it goes from 0 to chaos in an instant and I love it

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

MonsterEnvy posted:

Sadly I think HBO has a hold on it.
HBO is just Warner Bros, they have all the Batman movies and the Harley Quinn show that was on Toonami as well.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

give these magnificent Australian geniuses more money imo

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

... okay I guess we're premiering the entire season of Smiling Friends tonight

even though it's not on the schedule

that's cool

gay hobbits

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jan 10, 2022

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Coming to Toonami this weekend: Made in Abyss

quote:

As promised, we’re rolling out some exciting news today. Toonami is proud to announce the newest show joining our Saturday night block, Made in Abyss! Dive into the premiere this Saturday night at 1:30a. Plus, stay tuned for more show announcements coming soon!
Toonami Line Up 01.15.22
12:00a – Blade Runner
12:30a – Assassination Classroom
1:00a – Assassination Classroom
1:30a – Made In Abyss
2:00a – Naruto: Shippuden
2:30a – Naruto: Shippuden
3:00a – Cowboy Bebop
3:30a – Cowboy Bebop

Two new shows left.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Can't say I saw MiA as actiony enough for Toonami but I welcome it all the same

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

fit em all up in there posted:

Coming to Toonami this weekend: Made in Abyss

Two new shows left.

Probably 3 to avoid any show being doubled up.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Maybe even 4 because Blade Runner can't have much more to go.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Although unlikely, I would be fine if they doubled up on Shippuden to burn through it faster.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Arist posted:

Maybe even 4 because Blade Runner can't have much more to go.

Assuming it's wikipedia page isn't lying, BR has 13 episodes which should put it ending on 2/5

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Isn't Made in Abyss, like... ultra mega creepy, in a horny-for-little-children kinda way?

Either way I'm starting to wonder if Toonami is doing okay, or if their survival is in question. I read awhile back that Adult Swim has been having financial trouble due to streaming services cutting in on their profits/viewership, and that COVID has only made things worse. I hope money problems and Netflix competition aren't forcing Toonami to grab dollar store animes.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jan 12, 2022

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Made in Abyss has issues but it's not "dollar store," it's pretty popular.

Malsangoroth
Apr 2, 2015

I. M. Gei posted:

Isn't Made in Abyss, like... ultra mega creepy, in a horny-for-little-children kinda way?

Eh, the anime had two brief moments like that. If you squint you can see maaybe a couple more, but given the National Geographic tone the show goes for they're not out of place. I'll still go to bat for it, it was a masterful adaptation that had one of the best first episodes of anything, period. I watched the dub too, Reg and Riko were fine, it was the side children characters who I found grating. Thankfully we don't hear too much of them for reasons. I wonder if Toonami will also be able to show the movie? It ends at a better place than the TV series, and the main villain's English VA I actually liked better than his Japanese counterpart.

The manga, on the other hand... :stonk:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

I. M. Gei posted:

Either way I'm starting to wonder if Toonami is doing okay, or if their survival is in question. I read awhile back that Adult Swim has been having financial trouble due to streaming services cutting in on their profits/viewership, and that COVID has only made things worse. I hope money problems and Netflix competition aren't forcing Toonami to grab dollar store animes.
There's some sorta brief moments where you can feel that, but on the whole I think it's a very good show with *fantastic* worldbuilding that just happens to be about two children with feelings for eachother.

It's not a "dollar store" anime at all, it's gorgeous and was widely considered one of the best anime of its year

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
I'm glad to see Made in Abyss coming to the block. I've heard many give it a lot of praise so I've been meaning to watch it at some point.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Speaking of new shows!

This week on Goonami will have the three episode finale of Turn A Gundam, following which will be...

Kamen Rider W!

And next week, Mob II will also be coming to an end, and following that is...

Deca-Dence!

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Made in Abyss is also a pleasant surprise. If they keep this streak going, we're gonna be eating good for a few months or so.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

PSA: Jojo will be starting about 10-15 minutes early to accommodate an extra Turn A Gundam tonight.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://cytu.be/r/goonami

Boi

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jan 16, 2022

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
PREVIOUSLY, ON TOONAMI

Blade Runner: Black Lotus - Elle breaks into the Wallace Corp. HQ through the world's shittiest security lockdown and kills Niander Wallace Sr. (Brian Cox) with outside help from Adam Jensen.

Assassination Classroom - Our efforts to get into the Guinness Book of World Records by making the world's biggest flan were successful! Our efforts to use that flan to kill Lemonhead were not, however. Then we investigated someone dragging Lemonhead's reputation through the mud, only to discover that it was a deliberate effort by the Knights Templar to draw Lemonhead into a Hell in a Cell match with his (son? brother? former roommate?) oddly-betentacled lab-grown nemesis who keeps making GBS threads on everyone's parade with his lameass edgelord bullshit. Oh, also someone murdered Ms. Bitch's russian murder instructor while he was on a job in Europe, that seems like it's probably gonna be important later this season.

ANOTHER DOUBLE DOES OF rear end TONIGHT @ 0030
ALSO, MADE IN ABYSS STARTS TONIGHT @ 0130

So, is it supposed to be "Made in Abyss" like the way most consumer products say "Made in China" on the back, or is it like Made in Heaven?

oh also, RIP Troy Baker, shidded and farded so hard his hole drat brain came tumbling out his hyperextended butthole

Argus Zant fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jan 16, 2022

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Argus Zant posted:

oh also, RIP Troy Baker, shidded and farded so hard his hole drat brain came tumbling out his hyperextended butthole

This better be a joke.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I. M. Gei posted:

This better be a joke.

He's not dead he's just an NFT rear end in a top hat

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Watching the first few minutes of the last Black Lotus because I missed them last time and this opening scene with the Wallaces feels like they're having two different conversations.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Argus Zant posted:

PREVIOUSLY, ON TOONAMI

Blade Runner: Black Lotus - New outfit, who dis?

Assassination Classroom - It's back, from outer space

Naruto Shippuden - still going forever at double the episodes
https://twitter.com/KLLiiNNG/status/820841164148535296

NEW SERIES: Made in Abyss - What's this about? And why are their faces so wide? :downs:
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1481452274371211266/pu/vid/1280x720/D6Bj7uygyEXTu2NX.mp4?tag=12

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jan 16, 2022

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rewatching ATHF and man, season 1 was just one banger after another.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

The United States posted:

NEW SERIES: Made in Abyss - What's this about?

ooh, child labor, always promising

e: also turn A's over, everyone who scored died I think, remember kids sex = death

Polygynous fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jan 16, 2022

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Polygynous posted:

ooh, child labor, always promising

I guess it'll fill the "danger to kids" shaped hole Promised Neverland left.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

"The Boost Mobile episode of ATHF except instead of cell phones it's NFTs" has been pinballing around in my skull for the past few days, and now I curse the rest of you with it as well

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

I guess it'll fill the "danger to kids" shaped hole Promised Neverland left.
Well, it's about time! It's been years since TPN's only season aired on Toonami.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

My head hurts revenge sucks.

Joseph: Lol yep

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

So was she wearing that under her stealth suit or did he changer her into that?

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

jesus, dude, it's not even goddamn noon!

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Stealing Leon Kennedy's look, eh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Argus Zant posted:

"The Boost Mobile episode of ATHF except instead of cell phones it's NFTs" has been pinballing around in my skull for the past few days, and now I curse the rest of you with it as well

lol now I want to see that, bring it back and dump on nfts