Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

FFT posted:

Are you sure?

Are you really sure?

People always say "Jorp, he's a professor! He must be an expert on a lot of things" and I'm like, yeah, he's a professor, a professor of "knowing things about a guy who thought fairy tales were real and also alchemy"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
“needed to string my parents and Vox co-founders along that I was a decent person, politically, until that big Substack money”

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Party Ape posted:

Is the bill 'moral grandstanding' or 'grossly inadequate'? Use your words dude. You don't just have to agree with a guy who has the exact opposite view as you just because his words can vaguely mean the same thing as your views.

Or to put it another way 'you don't gotta hand it to em'.

as i already pointed out, it was very much moral grandstanding by the liberals yes. someone you thoroughly disagree with being correct is literally the meaning of the stopped clock is right twice a day saying. this is not very complicated thinking.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I just want this here because it's hilariously stupid.

I could refresh the page and it would load the next photo in the album, but if you clicked forward, it would show the pop-up again. This is a very weird Facebook Crime. I was just trying to find photos of my husband to make a photo collage for our anniversary :laffo:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i havent used zuckbook in many years, but I assume its a bunch of tiles on an inf scroll ?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
He is not correct.

Words have meaning. This just makes you look incredibly pathetic

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Moral grandstanding (because the law is ineffective) and moral grandstanding (because I think the thing the law suggests is bad is actually good) are not the same point, I think, even if they have some of the same words.

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

Arivia posted:

as i already pointed out, it was very much moral grandstanding by the liberals yes. someone you thoroughly disagree with being correct is literally the meaning of the stopped clock is right twice a day saying. this is not very complicated thinking.

No, dig up stupid.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Moral grandstanding (because the law is ineffective) and moral grandstanding (because I think the thing the law suggests is bad is actually good) are not the same point, I think, even if they have some of the same words.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Party Ape posted:

I'm shelving synthetic testosterone 18 hours a day. At any given moment, I'm literally seconds from tearing my own arms off out of uncontrolled rage.

Same, but with pictures of dogs instead of testosterone

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

OwlFancier posted:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1482165291954196481?t=RbuQ9duuZOa-lgdcK24BDA&s=19
https://twitter.com/K_U_P_/status/1482167091260268548?t=8E8j14m90q0PVluds-d1pQ&s=19

I almost have to respect this dedication to being a hater. One armed kid doing a windmill dunk? Whatever. Seen it. It's not like he'll be in the best professional league in the world.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

https://twitter.com/StarheavenSwan/status/1481997953476747269

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Pain

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

That did in fact cause me pain, thank you.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Peterson is just Evola for people to cowardly to openly embrace fascism.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Lady. Your daughter is still a nerd. Something tells me her nerdiness isn't the problem here.

:thunk:

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I like that this person says they wanted a nerd child because nerds are smart and make money, no mention of them being happy

ofc the rest of the article makes it clear that their child's happiness was never a priority

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:
Love to constantly misgender my daughter because I reduce them to their interests not their identity. Girls can't be nerds!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

My kid wants to transiton but doesn't realise what that means!!!

I think they realise it full well lady and that's the fuckin point.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

OwlFancier posted:

It means you'll have to hear people like ME, your MOTHER who you thought unconditionally loved YOU talk about you like you DIED or became a MONSTER

Do you really want that for yourself :qq:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I hate my husband and now I hate my kid because they're doing stuff I don't find interesting, why is everybody else making such terrible choices??

Also what the gently caress is a "straight queer"? While yes technically you can be both of those in a couple of specific scenarios I have to assume she doesn't actually mean those.

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 05:33 on Jan 16, 2022

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Internalized misogyny is believing nerds have to be masc in order to exist.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
There are certainly ways you can fall under the LGBTQ+ spectrum and also be straight, but I would bet money this person couldnt come up with a satisfactory answer without google

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I imagine it's just someone queer friendly while being a bog standard cishet. Oh you wear rainbows? You must be one of those straight queers. Or she might be classing things like asexuals as straight, because if you're not gay you're straight, and not having a romance partner doesn't mean you're not straight you just haven't found the right person yet.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

OwlFancier posted:

And the last person they want to talk to about it is their loving wingnut of a mother

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah like if you were trans but also hetero that I think is technically "straight queer" but if she doesn't think trans people are real then that is what makes me wonder what she means by it, and I doubt she has even begun to conceive of ace/aro/etc

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
It's a way of saying "asexual and possibly also certain nonbinary people I dislike don't count as real queer people"

e: also possibly saying bisexual people in straight relationships don't count either.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
straight queer, no chaser

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

This is terribly lovely, and she's obviously a lovely person and worse parent. And while I won't hand it to her, the final line "if I want to be bored I'll talk to my husband about aspect ratios" was pretty good.

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

straight queer, no chaser

everqueer

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Wee Bairns posted:

the final line "if I want to be bored I'll talk to my husband about aspect ratios" was pretty good.

I would much rather read an article written by her husband about the intricacies of aspect ratios than read her opinions on gender

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Transgender Tsunami is both a top tier username and a probably horribly offensive wrestler gimmick.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

“nerds are dying” woman screams as nerdy interests are dominating the mainstream and are multi billion dollar industries

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

the most :smith: part of picking apart transphobic parent screeds is the often-sincere belief on the part of the author that they're in the moral clear because just trying to save someone from becoming targets of an oppressive system these transphobes drat well know they've helped rig against people they've Othered throughout their whole lives.

"Oh son, if only you knew how hard I've made that life for you!" Boomer, they loving know how hard it is, more than you ever will, they've been living it, and even still they've concluded for themselves that living authentically is better.

Potato Salad has a new favorite as of 09:50 on Jan 16, 2022

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Gee, I wonder why that author published that anonymously.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
They lack the courage of their convictions. If you're a lovely person, show it off.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Samovar posted:

Gee, I wonder why that author published that anonymously.
There's also user in the comments under the name "straight woman" who seems particularly overzealous in defending the author. I wouldn't be surprised if they turned out to be a sockpuppet, lmao

Don't actually go to the article or the comments, though. It's all the same tired "hey I'm trans and it sounds like you're being really lovely to your daughter" "trans people aren't real, i'm praying 4 u" bullshit

Wee Bairns posted:

This is terribly lovely, and she's obviously a lovely person and worse parent. And while I won't hand it to her, the final line "if I want to be bored I'll talk to my husband about aspect ratios" was pretty good.
It's a good dunk on him but man is it telling. Yeah all my husband's interests are dumb garbage I can't possibly care about and my kid is also always interested in new dumb garbage I can't care about but it's supposed to make them rich, not queer! How could this happen to me!

Kit Walker has a new favorite as of 10:52 on Jan 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
nerds are like cute little accessories that make you money, but now my loving kid has decided they're a person with like emotional struggles, and that's bullshit because I remember when they were five and said paw patrol was their life and they don't care about paw patrol at all anymore and this is the same thing

I'm a good and loving parent by which I mean I haven't told my kid they are dead to me to their face, only by my actions and implied statements. Really I'm the victim here.