Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Penitent
Jul 8, 2005

The Lemonade Man Can

Smythe posted:

We’ll see. I believe in my friend dave.

I too, am putting my faith in dave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Penitent posted:

I too, am putting my faith in dave.

Dave's not here, man.
It's all written by Jon this time round.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Dave Syndrome posted:

Dave's not here, man.
It's all written by Jon this time round.

Oof

It smells like Resistance.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Spookydonut posted:

Can we just split this into two threads, one for people who like star wars the show and one for everyone else?
Star Wars fans don't like Star Wars

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Jerkface posted:

Spartacus Season 1 and Gods of the Arena

Spartacus season 2 and 3 are great, and the show finale is absolutely incredible. The first two episodes of Season 1 are literally unwatchable though and even episode 3 is only hinting at the tone change that's about to hit you like whiplash.

That is definitely a show that dives off a cliff and then somehow manages to climb back up by the skin of its teeth. You can't recommend Spartacus to someone without warning them that the opening is rough.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Have they considered the possibility that Jango Fett is Space Polish and it was Slav I this whole time?

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Sash! posted:

Have they considered the possibility that Jango Fett is Space Polish and it was Slav I this whole time?

Obviously Disney wants to be sensitive to aspects of bigotry. So they're changing the name of Boba's ship from Slave I to Remus 2.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Sash! posted:

He's never wearing track pants so not a slav

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The Civil War was fought over Firesprayery

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Uh oh double post

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Sash! posted:

Bozhe Moi Fett

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Smythe posted:

I support actual slavery. Of myself. To a beautiful twilek woman.

Jennifer Beals even makes giant rubber head prostheses sexy

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Sash! posted:

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

AndyElusive posted:

Holiday Special is now canon.

I actually immediately thought this was the reference. Was it something else from the EU?

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/officialDannyT/status/1482427079756898304?s=20

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Owns so much

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Everyone posted:

Obviously Disney wants to be sensitive to aspects of bigotry. So they're changing the name of Boba's ship from Slave I to Remus 2.

Cyka Blyat 1

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Penitent posted:

Yeah, so we don't call it Slave 1 anymore. It doesn't jive with the diversity/inclusion objectives that Disney have set out for the wider brand, mmmkay?

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-boba-fett-ship-name-not-slave1-reason/

I suspect that Boba will actually rename it the Respectful Rancor by the end of the series.

That article's bullshit because it's based on Lego toys which at least a few years ago (I think possibly even before Disney owned Star Wars) started calling all of the named character ships "Luke Skywalker's X-Wing" or whatever because it make it easier for small kids and for parents to know what ship is what.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

This is pretty much exactly what my high school fanfic dude looked like.

Which I guess makes sense, given my ethnic heritage.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
Robert

Please say the final gang is these guys.

:D

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Machete: Rancor Whisperer is the Star Wars content I didn't know I wanted or needed, but I am so glad it exists.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i thought the hint with danny trejo saying something like, 'dont worry he'll be back,' was that he was indeed there to double cross fett in the most obvious plan ever, and he's prolly gonna get eaten by the rancor when the rancor sides with fett in a couple episodes cause a... cause a the force

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
am i the only one who sees the good in people and thought danny meant "don't worry, our friend will be back"?

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010
The Rancor had just imprinted on Boba, Machete was just reassuring the Rancor

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

am i the only one who sees the good in people and thought danny meant "don't worry, our friend will be back"?

No, I definitely thought the same, but my girlfriend read it as Machete planning something nefarious.

Funny how much ambiguity there is over this.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
machete gave a very nice warming grandpa smile tho

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Alan Smithee posted:

Servetus posted:

The Rancor had just imprinted on Boba, Machete was just reassuring the Rancor

Yeah, that was him going "Daddy's got to go to work, but he'll be back."

That said, I legit thought the Rancor was gonna snap and just chomp Danny Trejo in half the second Boba was out of the room just for the sake of pure hilarity and I'm mildly disappointed that it didn't.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Alan Smithee posted:

No because I want him in Star Wars forever. :shobon:

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Wtf does calling a made up ship “slave 1” have to do with real life slavery?

Are they also going to retcon that Wookiee are used as slaves as depicted in Disney approved Star Wars canon such as Solo and Jedi:fallen order not to mention countless comics and novels

And why did they embrace the prequels as canon when the most memorable thing about the phantom menace were the strange racial caricatures

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah, that was him going "Daddy's got to go to work, but he'll be back."

That said, I legit thought the Rancor was gonna snap and just chomp Danny Trejo in half the second Boba was out of the room just for the sake of pure hilarity and I'm mildly disappointed that it didn't.

100% what I was expecting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgtY1lqeOPQ&t=69s

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010
robert rodriguez is bad

also made the worst mandalorian ep

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

am0kgonzo posted:

robert rodriguez is bad

also made the worst mandalorian ep

Yea as someone who had a lot of good will towards him based on Desperado and the surrounding films based on the two TBOBF eps he's directed I hope he isnt directing any more.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
He's directing the final episode.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.
I always imagined in my head that Boba Fett's ship being called Slave 1 was just a technical term, like how in computer terminology, you can have master -> slave definitions, so I always thought Fett had a very no nonsense plain way of naming his ships. Also, maybe his suit had a "master" controller that could pilot his ship remotely which would be useful since he often needs a quick getaway.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Slave describes a thing which is bad but is not an inherently bad word which denigrates a section of the population just by being used so it being the name of a morally ambiguous character's ship is fine

If Disney don't want to use it on their toys fine whatever, if there is anyone seriously suggesting that words which describe bad things shouldn't be used in fiction then we're into the realm of doubleplusungood orwellian bollocks

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Boba Fett will sell the ship to Britney Spears and she will rechristen it the Slave 2-U.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Sub 1

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

is it weird that I like kindly zookeeper Danny Trejo much more than the "same old badass" Danny Trejo I was expecting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I didn't read any malice in the Rancor Keeper's words at all but then I know goons are routinely excellent at totally misinterpreting things in TV

The only other Rancor Keeper we've seen in Star Wars was also portrayed as soft hearted and genuinely caring for their charge so I think they were just building and expanding upon that. It being Danny Trejo is just a cool detail that ties in with Robert Rodriguez directing and the whole setting of the show.

Feel free to quote this post and call me an idiot fucker moron if the Rancor tries to eat Boba