Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Is there any way to get rid of the song that plays on the menus in Wrestling Empire? It was good for a laugh but I actually can't believe that it never changes..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Chinook posted:

Is there any way to get rid of the song that plays on the menus in Wrestling Empire? It was good for a laugh but I actually can't believe that it never changes..

None of you people can tell it to stop

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
COME ON BOUNCE

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Chinook posted:

There's a custom music mod (for PC) floating around but I don't know if you can change the menu tracks with it

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

beggar posted:

None of you people can tell it to stop

Haha yeah I was afraid it might be that powerful

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

It's been a while since I played an MDickie wrestling game, is that also the same menu song that goes KEEP IT HARDCORE

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Sydney Bottocks posted:

It's been a while since I played an MDickie wrestling game, is that also the same menu song that goes KEEP IT HARDCORE

No the one in the new Empire is the rap song from the trailer. I've just taken to playing the game on mute because that song gets super old super fast

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

the best part of the rumblethon is the secondary titles that come about

like "The New Chosen One" Cody Rhodes
and John Cena reaching 17 world titles by winning the NWA World's Heavyweight Championship, which he will now defend in the next rumble he appears in

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
It's always fun to see how wildly different takes every game has for Rumble mechanics.

It's a very tricky concept, when you try to balance between fun video game and "realistic" representation, plus most of these games weren't probably designed with AI matches in the mind.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jan 15, 2022

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvGJjlUyadg

#1 Andre the Giant
#2 Big Show

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Kennel posted:

It's always fun to see how wildly different takes every game has for Rumble mechanics.

It's a very tricky concept, when you try to balance between fun video game and "realistic" representation, plus most of these games weren't probably designed with AI matches in the mind.

The post HCTP yukes games are a damning indictment of trying to do sim style royal rumbles.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
WWE 2K22 cover star is Rey Mysterio

Undertaker Immortal Pack is the Pre-Order bonus includes: Phantom Mask Undertaker, Lord of Darkness Undertaker, Boneyard Match Undertaker, MyFACTION EVO cards for Undertaker, and MyFACTION Perks and Bonuses.

Deluxe edition: 3-Day Early Access Available March 8th. contains everything that is included in the WWE 2K22 Standard Edition, PLUS: the Undertaker Immortal Pack and the Season Pass.

There is also an even bigger edition apparently? nWo 4-Life Edition, nothing about that yet, but Taker pack is included in preorder for that too. this is probably the Physical collection

Sounds like the MyFaction stuff is like the FIFA Ultimate Team lootbox/microtransaction poo poo

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jan 16, 2022

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

WWE 2K22 cover star is Rey Mysterio

Undertaker Immortal Pack is the Pre-Order bonus includes: Phantom Mask Undertaker, Lord of Darkness Undertaker, Boneyard Match Undertaker, MyFACTION EVO cards for Undertaker, and MyFACTION Perks and Bonuses.

Deluxe edition: 3-Day Early Access Available March 8th. contains everything that is included in the WWE 2K22 Standard Edition, PLUS: the Undertaker Immortal Pack and the Season Pass.

There is also an even bigger edition apparently? nWo 4-Life Edition, nothing about that yet, but Taker pack is included in preorder for that too. this is probably the Physical collection

Sounds like the MyFaction stuff is like the FIFA Ultimate Team lootbox/microtransaction poo poo

https://twitter.com/reymysterio/status/263061905764151296?lang=en

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

The cool part is with this years roster now you can make Rey beat his kid whenever you want.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
You can book Rey vs Dominik in a "Custody of Dominik Ladder Match"

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Looking forward to trying to book a Women's Royal Rumble in 2k22 when there's gonna be like 9 women in the game by the time it comes out

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Drakkel posted:

You can book Rey vs Dominik in a "Custody of Dominik Ladder Match"

Rey vs Dominik custody of the shared copy of 2k22

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Rey vs Dominik custody of the shared copy of 2k22

What if they did a holographic cover where Rey's face turns into Eddie's and they can have a little Dominick face in the corner that goes from Adult Dominik to Frosted Tips Baby Dominik

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I like the cover but I’m not crazy about the pre-order content.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I like the cover but I’m not crazy about the pre-order content.

What, you don't want 3 different versions of The Undertaker that will inevitably take up 3 roster slots because apparently alt attires aren't a thing we can do in 2022?

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

joylessdivision posted:

What, you don't want 3 different versions of The Undertaker that will inevitably take up 3 roster slots because apparently alt attires aren't a thing we can do in 2022?

the worst part is the game you'd have to play them in

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

joylessdivision posted:

Don't forget Five Stings and Five HHHs :v:

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
It’s good the game is coming out at the start of March and there’s been no gameplay footage

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

joylessdivision posted:

I can't wait to have The Undertaker (Boneyard Match) face off with The Rock ($500 Shirt)!

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Golden Bee posted:

It’s good the game is coming out at the start of March and there’s been no gameplay footage

Sure there has.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s6ZSqawyJM

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

Angry_Ed posted:

They'll need to add a sixth HHH to represent his current state :zombie:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Drakkel posted:

Looking forward to trying to book a Women's Royal Rumble in 2k22 when there's gonna be like 9 women in the game by the time it comes out

You can fill the rumble up with 9 versions of Charlotte all taking up additional roster spots that you have to scroll through.

But seriously… If you take the 2K20 roster, remove the people that are fired, remove the alternate costumes, and keep the legends that are still WWE friendly (Trish, Lita, Bella’s, etc) you have 32 women ready to go. They definitely fall short if they remove the legends.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Sydney Bottocks posted:

They'll need to add a sixth HHH to represent his current state :zombie:

No that'll be the Halloween DLC :v:

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Angry_Ed posted:

Can't wait for the most loaded roster in 2k history featuring classic characters like HHH '97, HHH'98, HHH' 00, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Tri, HHH '02, The Game, HHH '10, and the Skull King

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Drakkel posted:

Can't wait for the most loaded roster in 2k history featuring classic characters like HHH '97, HHH'98, HHH' 00, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Tri, HHH '02, The Game, HHH '10, and the Skull King

And Austin '96, Austin '97, Austin 2 Knee Braces, Austin 2000, Invasion Austin...

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Drakkel posted:

They're going to re-skin Ric Flair as Terra Ryzing.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

So this game is 2 months away from release and they still haven't shown anything besides a few menus and character renders.

There's no way this game is actually good is there?

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Drakkel posted:

So this game is 2 months away from release and they still haven't shown anything besides a few menus and character renders.

no it's absolutely going to suck as bad as the previous one but also a little worse, as always

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Drakkel posted:

There hasn’t been a WWE game that’s been good since the gamecube/ps2 era. There will never be another WWE licensed wrestling game that is remotely close to good

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Eat My Fuc posted:

There hasn’t been a WWE game that’s been good since the gamecube/ps2 era. There will never be another WWE licensed wrestling game that is remotely close to good

making it the most accurate wrestling sim in history. eat that, FPW fans

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Drakkel posted:

None and like the last two it probably won’t even be fun to watch nL try to play/make the best of

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

Drakkel posted:

You forgot the WCW DLC featuring Jean-Paul Levesque

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Drakkel posted:

Judging by what happened with the TNA iMPACT game having a similar problem? Yeah no this game is going to be bad.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

I cannot wait to get 2k22 and have it be exactly as broken and unplayable as 2k20 except they bolted a half-assed GM Mode on top of it that isn't fun to play because the game'll somehow have a thinner roster to play with than the original games that had it did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Drakkel posted:

I cannot wait to get 2k22 and have it be exactly as broken and unplayable as 2k20 except they bolted a half-assed GM Mode on top of it that isn't fun to play because the game'll somehow have a thinner roster to play with than the original games that had it did

every couple months a little pixelated nick khan shows up with a "budget cuts" minigame where you have to fit in your favorite WWE SuperStars in a grid inventory space with any remaining blocks Future Endeavored