Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

is it weird that I like kindly zookeeper Danny Trejo much more than the "same old badass" Danny Trejo I was expecting

por que no los dos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

It's hard to get invested in TBOBF because we know the last scene of the series and where this is all inevitably heading. no matter where they take it we know it's all leading back to boba scribbling on some pages at jabba's palace, ming na wen walks in and asks about it, and he replies its a little tale he's been working on based on their travels - "The Book of Boba Fett" - he closes the book. Hard cut to credits

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

That DICK! posted:

It's hard to get invested in TBOBF because we know the last scene of the series and where this is all inevitably heading. no matter where they take it we know it's all leading back to boba scribbling on some pages at jabba's palace, ming na wen walks in and asks about it, and he replies its a little tale he's been working on based on their travels - "The Book of Boba Fett" - he closes the book. Hard cut to credits

Have you been watching Game of Thrones Season 8 again.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Final scene is the Canto Bight Broom Kid finding an old t-visor helmet with a book in it

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

It’ll be Luke crushing some Crimson Dawn, as he picked up on the pre-clone wars mission Jedi had of trying to combat the underworld.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Icon Of Sin posted:

It’ll be Luke crushing some Crimson Dawn, as he picked up on the pre-clone wars mission Jedi had of trying to combat the underworld.

Makes me wonder if we'll ever get a Luke focused show (with Sebastian Stan or someone else) during the New Republic era

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Unironically, give me an animated Luke show with Hamill doing voicework for it

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Luuke in the joker voice

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

Vinylshadow posted:

I’ve been thinking they should just do a TCW-esque Luke CG series set around this time. Give him a 5-6 year old Padawan Ben and have them be the main cast, but rotate in other leads like Clone Wars did for some arcs. If planned out well enough, they could easily set up an “Heir to the Empire” type event crossover series that spans 2-3 years in novels, comics and the D+ series.

There appear to be a lot of Kenner fans too in the live action production, so seems like they could also make some fun nods to the proposed Kenner sequel series and finally make the Mongo Beefhead canon.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/The_Epic_Continues

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'd be pretty surprised if the next animated show announced wasn't a Young Jedi Knights or Jedi Academy riff. My higher brain says they should focus on moving forward in the universe and doing new, weird, thematically-interesting stuff. My lower brain would be so fuckin' jazzed (jizzed?) about a series that could be very-loosely based on my favorite YA series as a kid.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jan 16, 2022

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

That DICK! posted:

There and back again. A bounty hunter’s tale by Bilbo Baggins Boba Fett.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Vinylshadow posted:

Final scene is the Canto Bight Broom Kid finding an old t-visor helmet with a book in it

A better ending than ROS, you mean.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Teek posted:

I’ve been thinking they should just do a TCW-esque Luke CG series set around this time. Give him a 5-6 year old Padawan Ben and have them be the main cast, but rotate in other leads like Clone Wars did for some arcs. If planned out well enough, they could easily set up an “Heir to the Empire” type event crossover series that spans 2-3 years in novels, comics and the D+ series.

The last scene of Bad Batch convinced me that they're setting up something that is effectively Heir to the Empire

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

is it weird that I like kindly zookeeper Danny Trejo much more than the "same old badass" Danny Trejo I was expecting
It is the correct opinion.

Teek posted:

finally make the Mongo Beefhead canon.
He's in one if the Darth Vader comics as an incidental alien.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I feel like the past years he's be transitioning his "brand" from "intimidating badass" to "surprisingly adorable old man". Don't blame him. Dude's 77.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://twitter.com/BuckLePard/status/1482412920336265221/photo/1

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Boba Fett ends with CG De-aged Luke throwing him back into the Sarlacc

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

This is my Sarlacc, it was made for me.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Boba, having accomplished all of his goals, voluntarily returns to the sarlacc pit.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Sometimes I think the best thing about the entire Star Wars franchise is the absolutely amazing art it has inspired. I'd pay good money for prints of several of those.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

de-aged luke comes to take away baby rancor, who is force sensitive

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

mdemone posted:

Sometimes I think the best thing about the entire Star Wars franchise is the absolutely amazing art it has inspired. I'd pay good money for prints of several of those.

in the credits of the episode with the laser shield wall battle cause they have concept art for it and it really gives a glimpse into how somewhat cool ideas die to laziness and budgetary restraints. disneyplus is like Empalsurecon over here.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

That DICK! posted:

"But don't take my word for it." *spikes camera, theme plays, roll credits over some cool "Reading is Awesome" posters*

GigaPeon posted:

I feel like the past years he's be transitioning his "brand" from "intimidating badass" to "surprisingly adorable old man". Don't blame him. Dude's 77.

Gotta say, having him and Fett being excited dog dads is not something I ever anticipated, but I am here for it.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
Disney also renamed the Slave Leia outfit to The Huttslayer outfit I believe, and quietly discontinued all merchandise anyway.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Anita Dickinme posted:

There and bacta again. A bounty hunter’s tale by Bilbo Baggins Boba Fett.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

That DICK! posted:

in the credits of the episode with the laser shield wall battle cause they have concept art for it and it really gives a glimpse into how somewhat cool ideas die to laziness and budgetary restraints. disneyplus is like Empalsurecon over here.

I'm hoping that there are a couple set pieces in the last few episodes that they've been conserving budget for.

Penitent
Jul 8, 2005

The Lemonade Man Can

Epi Lepi posted:

I'm hoping that there are a couple set pieces in the last few episodes that they've been conserving budget for.

Maybe we will get to see another riveting angle of the mayor's waiting room and office.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
I can't speak for anybody but myself, but I'm really liking this series as the Golden Girls remake. :p

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

shades of eternity posted:

I can't speak for anybody but myself, but I'm really liking this series as the Golden Girls remake. :p

We should have gotten the Book of Bea Arthur https://youtu.be/D6K6ETASu1E

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

This is my jam. :awesome:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

site posted:

de-aged luke comes to take away baby rancor, who is force sensitive

I want to see this eventual super team of Force babies. Who all must die before Force Awakens.

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

AgentHaiTo posted:

I always imagined in my head that Boba Fett's ship being called Slave 1 was just a technical term, like how in computer terminology, you can have master -> slave definitions, so I always thought Fett had a very no nonsense plain way of naming his ships. Also, maybe his suit had a "master" controller that could pilot his ship remotely which would be useful since he often needs a quick getaway.

I think that was the intent

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Vinylshadow posted:

gently caress this would potentially rule

Noam Chomsky
Apr 4, 2019

:capitalism::dehumanize:

More like The Book of Bullying Boba Fett

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Storyboard for next episode leaked

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Sash! posted:

The last scene of Bad Batch convinced me that they're setting up something that is effectively Heir to the Empire

Yes I thought the same thing, looked what I imagined https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Mount_Tantiss/Legends would look like.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Butterfly Valley posted:

I didn't read any malice in the Rancor Keeper's words at all but then I know goons are routinely excellent at totally misinterpreting things in TV

The only other Rancor Keeper we've seen in Star Wars was also portrayed as soft hearted and genuinely caring for their charge so I think they were just building and expanding upon that. It being Danny Trejo is just a cool detail that ties in with Robert Rodriguez directing and the whole setting of the show.

Feel free to quote this post and call me an idiot fucker moron if the Rancor tries to eat Boba

I thought it could go either way until the moment where Boba leaves and Trejo says "don't worry he'll be back". Thats a fourth wall line to the audience 'don't worry this guy is straight up'.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

Vinylshadow posted:

gently caress you I had completely forgotten that. gently caress that movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I feel dirty for reposting from r/starwars, but this made me laugh