Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
The dream of the NFC West NFC Championship game is still alive for another week at least.

I think Shanahan outsmarts himself sometimes; he's setting up plays down the line but sometimes you don't always need to prove you're a better play caller then the other coach.

If you have a hammer (Deebo) everything becomes a nail (run).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Wrong thread

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jan 17, 2022

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

That was a fun first half and a gut wrenching display of mistakes and poor play calling in the second, but I'll take the win. I am not optimistic about green bay, though.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
For the love of christ San Francisco please beat Green Bay somehow

Anyone but Green Bay, I can ignore the Cowboys rolling around in their poo poo so long as Green Bay loses.:qq:

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Leperflesh posted:

That was a fun first half and a gut wrenching display of mistakes and poor play calling in the second, but I'll take the win. I am not optimistic about green bay, though.

I hope all the defensive players who were injured today can come back next week. If the D Line can get after Rodgers like they did Dak, the 49ers have a chance. :pray:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

OGS-Remix posted:

I hope all the defensive players who were injured today can come back next week. If the D Line can get after Rodgers like they did Dak, the 49ers have a chance. :pray:

Yeah that'll be the key there. That and running it constantly of course.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Fellas.

I'm lolling. Same old sorry rear end Cowboys.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

algebra testes posted:

Fellas.

I'm lolling. Same old sorry rear end Cowboys.

The best possible way to win; giving the Cowboys a chance to make fools of themselves.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Go 49ers. Go Rams. The niners deserve a home game for the NFC.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

Go 49ers. Go Rams. The niners deserve a home game for the NFC.

I see what you did there

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Papercut posted:

I see what you did there

Just stating facts, that's all.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
That was an ugly, ugly game but the Niners beat the Cowboys in the playoffs for the first time in God knows how long, so anything else that happens after this is gravy.

I mean ideally Nick Bosa will recover in time to devour Tom Brady and/or Aaron Rodgers on live television, but I'm not that optimistic.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Also :lol: Cowboys etc etc

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

A playoff win is a playoff win, especially when the team has looked so bad at times this season and even in that game. Lol at the NFC East.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
49ers were 3-5 with a miniscule shot at the playoffs. Now they are in the final 8. It's been a good year?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Waltzing Along posted:

49ers were 3-5 with a miniscule shot at the playoffs. Now they are in the final 8. It's been a good year?

Yeah I'm pretty satisfied with the way the season's turned out. Special teams coach should be shot out a cannon to some fcs hell hole but other than that yeah go niners.

Excited to have them play again next week. Who cares if they win I'm just gonna enjoy the ride.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Waltzing Along posted:

Just become a 49ers fan to spite him.

Let's not get crazy.

Waltzing Along posted:

Also, if your cousin is complaining about AD, he's insane.

His son and I tell him this often.

Leperflesh posted:

McVay is gonna be capable of coaching winning nfl seasons for 30 more years at least. Imagine how good he's gonna be when he hits his prime.

This is exactly how I feel. He needs to stop outwitting himself at times, though.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Coldforge posted:

https://twitter.com/SethWalder/status/1482097747285229571?s=20

Donald isn't the highest in terms of double teams, but is close, and is far and away the best at winning against them.

I'm sending this to my cousin. I'm hoping for comedy.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
gently caress me, I'm going to have to chose between Brady's Bucs, QAaron's Packers, or another NFC West team for the Super Bowl? Go AFC!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Lifespan posted:

gently caress me, I'm going to have to chose between Brady's Bucs, QAaron's Packers, or another NFC West team for the Super Bowl? Go AFC!

Bills Mafia here

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Jimmy G almost screwed us with two bad overthrows. Other then that it was a pretty good performance.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
It's crazy that the football media machine was spinning up "Should the 49ers fire Kyle Shanahan" takes halfway through the year.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

DariusLikewise posted:

It's crazy that the football media machine was spinning up "Should the 49ers fire Kyle Shanahan" takes halfway through the year.

Because at that point his lack of results was showing enough that people started noticing, and the 13-3 season looked like the big outlier. He still has an under 500 record in SF now, and at the time people were wondering if his seat was getting warm he had losing years in 3 out of 4 seasons and was middling in year 5. So yeah of course he started catching a little heat

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
2 of those years his starting QB most of the time was CJ Beatherd because Jimmy G was dead. Shanahan has to be given a chance to work with Lance to see if it works out.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Nodoze posted:

Because at that point his lack of results was showing enough that people started noticing, and the 13-3 season looked like the big outlier. He still has an under 500 record in SF now, and at the time people were wondering if his seat was getting warm he had losing years in 3 out of 4 seasons and was middling in year 5. So yeah of course he started catching a little heat

It would certifiably insane to allow your coach to blow draft capital to trade up for an unpolished QB he has fallen in love with then immediately fire him and hand that guy to another coach. They would set themselves back another three years.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

True.

I need to stop buying into a lot of my cousin's (Rams fan) negativity about this team. I mean, he questions AD's performance a lot, and wonders if it's time to move on from McVay. That is just pure craziness. Maybe I should block him?

Pretty hilarious. There are a LOT of legitimate questions about this team one could raise, as I have sometimes. But none of them concern Aaron Donald or Sean McVay in any way

OGS-Remix posted:

The dream of the NFC West NFC Championship game is still alive for another week at least.

I think Shanahan outsmarts himself sometimes; he's setting up plays down the line but sometimes you don't always need to prove you're a better play caller then the other coach.

If you have a hammer (Deebo) everything becomes a nail (run).

It was funny because near the end of the game when the 49ers were trying to run out the clock, I posted in the GDT literally begging Shanahan not to run another doomed run up the middle into a stacked box and instead attack the edge with Deebo and actually try to get the first down.

And then the crazy bastard actually did it! Even though the first down was overturned it was still a great call, only thing better would've been to show that kind of creativity on second down too. Those doomed runs up the middle on first and second down were bad

Anyways the Packers are absolutely going to snuff out the niners imo. AA-Ron ain't Dak and Davante is going to feast on this secondary. More importantly perhaps, the Packers defense is actually legit for the first time in a long time.

Still I'll be rooting for em!!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DariusLikewise posted:

It would certifiably insane to allow your coach to blow draft capital to trade up for an unpolished QB he has fallen in love with then immediately fire him and hand that guy to another coach. They would set themselves back another three years.

We hopefully learned our lesson with Alex Smith. I know they didn't trade a bunch of picks for Alex, but cycling through a ton of OC's and HC's collectively hurt his development.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Play posted:

Anyways the Packers are absolutely going to snuff out the niners imo. AA-Ron ain't Dak and Davante is going to feast on this secondary. More importantly perhaps, the Packers defense is actually legit for the first time in a long time.

Still I'll be rooting for em!!

I give the 49ers a decent chance if Bosa and Warner are back for the game. They almost won that game in week 3, and their defense has improved a lot since then.

Edit: going over the game coverage, I cannot believe Josh Norman was the guy who blew his assignment on the Cowboy’s fake kick. Truly a quality veteran pickup.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jan 17, 2022

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Coldforge posted:

Edit: going over the game coverage, I cannot believe Josh Norman was the guy who blew his assignment on the Cowboy’s fake kick.

I absolutely could because he is poo poo

Warner seems like he's going to play and Bosa's dad says he's feeling fine, though who knows when they do the tests this week.

Also, HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS?!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I think GB will probably win. After all, they are at home, have an extra week of rest, and aren't playing on 6 days. Oh yeah, they have the best (idiot) QB in the league.

OTOH, Dallas has a better D than GB. And the niners are definitely better now than they were earlier in the year. The niners have a better D than GB and a better running attack and are probably better overall in the skill positions.

I actually think Dallas were the harder matchup. The X-factors of rest and cold and fans buying up seats do make a difference and none of that will favor them this week.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Waltzing Along posted:

I think GB will probably win. After all, they are at home, have an extra week of rest, and aren't playing on 6 days. Oh yeah, they have the best (idiot) QB in the league.

OTOH, Dallas has a better D than GB. And the niners are definitely better now than they were earlier in the year. The niners have a better D than GB and a better running attack and are probably better overall in the skill positions.

I actually think Dallas were the harder matchup. The X-factors of rest and cold and fans buying up seats do make a difference and none of that will favor them this week.

Dallas could've been the harder matchup until they literally spent three quarters and change shooting themselves in their own dicks

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Play posted:

Dallas could've been the harder matchup until they literally spent three quarters and change shooting themselves in their own dicks

Well yeah, but before the game:

Dallas had the best D in the league per advanced metrics. Also the forced the most turnovers. And were able to generate lots of QB pressure to go along with a very fast D.
And on offense they had the highest scoring offense in the league. True, a lot of that was beating up on bad teams.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Play posted:

Not a single sack.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Did anyone mention that the 49ers established the run yesterday?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Waltzing Along posted:

Green Bay has a pretty decent defense this year. Dallas is allowed 21.1ppg, San Fran is allowing 21.5 and Green Bay is allowing 21.8. SF is allowing 310ypg, Dallas is allowing 351 and Green Bay is at 328.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Green Bay has a pretty decent defense this year. Dallas is allowed 21.1ppg, San Fran is allowing 21.5 and Green Bay is allowing 21.8. SF is allowing 310ypg, Dallas is allowing 351 and Green Bay is at 328.

I'll preface this by saying I think Green Bay will very likely win, their offence is outrageous this year. However, they can be had on the ground, allowing 4.7 ypc (31st overall) and 5.6 ypc at home 👀

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I think it's going to come down, like the last two years has had for the Packers, how many decisions Matt LaFleur gets wrong and if those add up to a loss.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Niners have their run game and the x-factor of playoff Packers going for them. Not likely they'll move on but it's possible if they can pressure Rodgers and establish the run.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I’m not sure you can say playoffs Packers. They’ve been pretty successful, just not as successful as some think they should be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/AZCardinals/status/1483182559680888833